PDA

View Full Version : Scripted "Laughs" Directed at Ron Paul

interpaul
09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Listen carefully to the "hypothetical terrorist attack question" when they ask Ron Paul—Even before he answers, you hear Romney and his stooges laughing. This means they were CUED to laugh; They were given scripts before the debate started (too bad their acting is horrible). So this all falls in line with the Gandhi Prophecy:

First they ignore you -> CHECK
Then they laugh at you -> CHECK

Then they fight you
Then you WIN

Only 2 more to go for the Ron Paul Revolution!

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Listen carefully to the "hypothetical terrorist attack question" when they ask Ron Paul—Even before he answers, you hear Romney and his stooges laughing. This means they were CUED to laugh;

I got this impression as well. Maybe they didn't get a script but they definately planned the laughing.. I forget which question it was (but it was towards the end), it was a normal question - not out to make RP look kooky, and there was a lone laugh - as if it were scripted.

slantedview
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
i didn't catch that, but myself and everyone else clearly heard them laughing before dr. paul even spoke! just having his name called on to answer a question incited laughter.

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 11:19 AM
just having his name called on to answer a question incited laughter.

Yep. Not only before he answers, but in a few cases before the question was even asked.. As soon as his name was mentioned. It was complete bullshit.

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
And....I didn't think it was all the candidates, I actually thought it was the other moderators who were laughing..

Paulitician
09-06-2007, 11:26 AM
First they ignore you -> CHECK
Then they laugh at you -> CHECK

Then they fight you
Then you WIN

Only 2 more to go for the Ron Paul Revolution!
All those things happened at yesterday's debate actually. First they ignored Ron Paul for like 30 minutes. Then they laughed at him whenever he was called upon. Then they fought him with loaded questions and what not. Then he won.

I think in the grand scheme of things, we're going to seeing the establishment clench their fists and pull out their guns. This could get vicious.

HalogenFlood
09-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't know. I wouldn't read too much into this. I don't think they ever shut anyone's mic off in general during the debates. I've heard Mitt's smarmy chuckle in other debates when Ron said something -- like the time he said "immediately" after the question about phasing out the IRS during the first debate. I think this time around it was Guiliani laughing and, if anything, it just shows how small he is.

I say let them keep laughing. People will see it for what it is and it can only help Ron. Remember Gore's incessant sighing into the mic during his debates with Bush? Not very appealing to the voters.

constituent
09-06-2007, 11:42 AM
people laughed at gravel at the democractic debates too...

it's a good thing I think.

Santana28
09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
yeah, i heard the pre-emptive laughs too.

here's a scenario for you - what if Rudy or whoever offers Ron Paul the VP nomination? Specifically to try to win over his massive mindless "drone" supporters?

Maybe this should be another thread. Would you vote for a ticket with RP as the VP, even if you disagreed with the pres?

I'm saying NO, and i'm betting RP would turn down the nomination as well.

Argh.... too many possibilities..... my brain hurts.

constituent
09-06-2007, 11:46 AM
no. i'll just vote him back into congress. with all the attention he's got now... if we maintain our strength in numbers behind his legislative agenda...

talk about coalition building, he'll be the single greatest force to deal w/ in the
house of representatives.

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 11:46 AM
hmm i may support that as it would give his ideas more exposure and would set him up nicely for a '12 run..

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
talk about coalition building, he'll be the single greatest force to deal w/ in the house of representatives.

true.. maybe we could even help get a few of his bills passed.

Dustancostine
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
http://news.aol.com/newsbloggers/2007/09/06/who-is-laughing-at-ron-paul/

Unbiased bloggers are picking up on the laughter.

--Dustan

ChooseLiberty
09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Whoever it was, it was definitely scripted by some political consultant and NOT spontaneous. Playing to the "base".

You have to remember that unfortunately a lot of the Republican base is barely literate and stuck in "arrested development" junior high level.

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Whoever it was, it was definitely scripted by some political consultant and NOT spontaneous.

Yep, I can understand one or two laughs.. But there was smug chuckling every chance they got.. And again, I could have sworn some of it was the actual moderators..

Marceline88
09-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Now now now.....we need not consider "what will happen if he doesn't win". He's not going back to Congress. He WILL win, it's time to believe, just believe. E Pluribus Unum, Among Many; One......he is the one. Just believe, no giving up, no alternative until the Republic is restored.

max
09-06-2007, 12:40 PM

here's a scenario for you - what if Rudy or whoever offers Ron Paul the VP nomination? Specifically to try to win over his massive mindless "drone" supporters?

Maybe this should be another thread. Would you vote for a ticket with RP as the VP, even if you disagreed with the pres?

RP would never run with ANY of those clowns...trust me

dantheman
09-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Whenever he talks about doing away with Homeland Security and the Dept. of Education and so forth, the giggles start up again. This happened all throughout the night whenever he said something "radical" about the war. It's a clever tactic by Fox News, I will give them that. But that doesn't make it right in any way. I would like to know once and for all who it was. I couldn't tell if it was one of the candidates, Brit Hume and his crew, or some audience member near a microphone. This proves the threat he is to the party and the Neo-Con system. And they couldn't stop talking about him last night.

That was probably the best thing of all. Huckabee talked about him. Hannity and Colmes kept having to say, "With the exception of Ron Paul..." His name is spreading across the media more and more. It was stupid how Duncan Hunter got to plug the straw poll he won in Texas. Yet Ron Paul has racked up quite a few straw polls in his win column and not one person has mentioned this on air. He's turning a corner (unlike Iraq) and with some of the momentum he's gaining, we may see the Ron Paul Revolution sweeping the nation before we know it...

slantedview
09-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Ron would say No. I'm positive.

devil21
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Im certain Rudy was one of them. They kept split screening to him while Ron spoke and he always had that smarmy grin. I made out his "voice" in one of the laughs. Asshole.

PAforRP
09-06-2007, 04:18 PM

Argh.... too many possibilities..... my brain hurts. I wouldnt vote for RP as VP under that scenario.

Up until the laugher and chuckling, I liked Rudy in the debates, and will always love him for stepping up to the plate during 911. However, his chuckling and snickering last night was a total turnoff to me.