PDA

View Full Version : USA Today: Almost 60% Of Americans Have Not Heard Of The EU!

Indy Vidual
10-09-2008, 10:20 PM
USA Today Lower Left / Front Page:

57% Of Americans Have Not Heard Of The EU! :eek:

I'm not impressed...

Original_Intent
10-09-2008, 10:28 PM
wow. just wow.

RSLudlum
10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Sadly it doesn't surprise me. One of our local news stations has a show called TalkBack where viewers call in to discuss the issue at hand. The other day a woman called in and asked the host [paraphrased] "How can Sarah Palin be picked as a vice president when she's not even from this country or live in the US?" [implying that Alaska isn't part of the US]. The host just sat there dumbfounded and gave a slow uneasy grunt.... It's downright pitiful that there are people this uneducated/uninformed that are voting. :eek:

"Information is the currency of democracy" -Thomas Jefferson

silverhawks
10-09-2008, 11:07 PM
It doesn't surprise me either =/

Then again, I would guess that there's a significant percentage of people in the UK still believe the EU is the same as the EEC...even though it has a flag, a motto, an army and a police force.

Defining Obscene
10-10-2008, 03:42 AM
F*ck this country. I'm sick and tired of this. The people used to be an asset, now they are a liability and I don't want to be the one dragging around their dead weight. If they want to stay stupid, they can have their police state world government, and they can have their bludgeoning from the black suits. This isn't about America anymore, this is about me and preserving my own sanity. I would rather this nation fall apart now, than continue down this path where we are forced to support these kind of people. 60%, and they are going to go vote this November? Exactly, f*ck this country. I've had enough. I can't be the only one who feels this way. No offense to those of you who are going to stick around for the "revolution", but what are you really going to fight for? Another shot at having these deaf dumb & blind sacks of meat behind the steering wheel? F that sh man, you can't fix stupid. I still believe in fighting for what you believe in, but I don't believe in Amerika anymore. I'm fighting for myself and my family. If that upsets a few of you so-called hardcore patriots, then screw you. If you want to fight for something so mediocre, then you have no right to claim you are any more "right" than these ignoramuses. YOU ARE THEIR ENABLER. THEY NEED TO GET BURNED FOR WASTING THEIR LIFE AND ALL THEIR GIFTS. I am going to enjoy watching this nation fall apart, I'm going to scream in happiness, finally, I'm free from being criticized by idiots! I'm free from the retard's sphere of influence aka my peers! It will be SO wonderful! Those of you who take care of yourselves in this same manner, I'll enjoy rebuilding a better world with you! I finally have something to look forward to!

I'll disagree with everything you say, but fight for your right to say it! But I won't fight for your silence, ignorance, and spinelessness!

Hiki
10-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Haha, this doesn't impress me at all :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

JosephTheLibertarian
10-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Do you know what caused this? Our education system that we adopted from the Soviet Union.

sevin
10-10-2008, 06:01 AM
I've been fed up with the public in general for years.

The world is falling apart all around us, and most people haven't even noticed. Meanwhile, Beverly Hills Chihuahua is the number one movie in America with a total gross so far of $30 million.

RickyJ
10-10-2008, 06:05 AM
USA Today Lower Left / Front Page:

57% Of Americans Have Not Heard Of The EU! :eek:

I'm not impressed...

Actually that is good news. It shows that most Americans are not paying attention to the MSM as much as the MSM wants us to believe. The bad part of this news it is that it shows most Americans don't give a crap about anything that doesn't personally affect their own lives.

angelatc
10-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Pfft - 50% of them probably can't even properly name 3 countries in Europe.

I think every liberty loving parent needs to send their kids backpacking through a different country between high school and college.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Pfft - 50% of them probably can't even properly name 3 countries in Europe.

I think every liberty loving parent needs to send their kids backpacking through a different country between high school and college.

Italy, Germany, Slovenia

yay, I'm top 50% :D

angelatc
10-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Italy, Germany, Slovenia

yay, I'm top 50% :D

I wasn't silly enough to say that 50% of *us* couldn't do it!

DirtMcGirt
10-10-2008, 07:31 AM
doesn't surprise me.....just remember the people who conduct these polls can manipulate the question to get the answers they want. ( didn't Penn&Teller have an episode w/ Frank L. about that)