PDA

View Full Version : The IMF ?

Drknows
10-09-2008, 10:17 PM
I keep hearing the talking heads on business news bring up the IMF.

One guy on Fox Business said the Fed and Treasury will ask the IMF to help bail us out. He also said we will have a serious problem with inflation soon.

what are your thoughts on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Monetary_Fund

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international organization that oversees the global financial system by following the macroeconomic policies of its member countries, in particular those with an impact on exchange rates and the balance of payments. It also offers financial and technical assistance to its members, making it an international lender of last resort.

Criticism i found strange

Argentina, which had been considered by the IMF to be a model country in its compliance to policy proposals by the Bretton Woods institutions, experienced a catastrophic economic crisis in 2001 , which some believe to have been caused by IMF-induced budget restrictions — which undercut the government's ability to sustain national infrastructure even in crucial areas such as health, education, and security — and privatization of strategically vital national resources.[11] Others attribute the crisis to Argentina's maldesigned fiscal federalism, which caused subnational spending to increase rapidly.[12] The crisis added to widespread hatred of this institution in Argentina and other South American countries, with many blaming the IMF for the region's economic problems.[13] The current — as of early 2006 — trend towards moderate left-wing governments in the region and a growing concern with the development of a regional economic policy largely independent of big business pressures has been ascribed to this crisis.

Bruno
10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
The IMF, the World Bank, and the Fed are all creatures of the same ilk. They are all part of the problem, not the solution.

Drknows
10-09-2008, 10:34 PM
The IMF, the World Bank, and the Fed are all creatures of the same ilk. They are all part of the problem, not the solution.

yeah i know i just found it funny and sad they will probably end up bailing us out in 10 - 20 years maybe sooner.

world fed on steroids.

Bruno
10-09-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah i know i just found it funny and sad they will probably end up bailing us out in 10 - 20 years maybe sooner.

world fed on steroids.

Considering that the IMF, the World Bank, our Fed, the G7 and the G20 will all be meeting soon, I see that happening a lot sooner. They will put into place plans next week that will involve global solutions leading to a global economy and thus one new currency.

fr33domfightr
10-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Considering that the IMF, the World Bank, our Fed, the G7 and the G20 will all be meeting soon, I see that happening a lot sooner. They will put into place plans next week that will involve global solutions leading to a global economy and thus one new currency.

From what I've read briefly on this, member countries in the IMF cannot have gold backed currencies, like ours.

How do you suppose regular Americans might think about a world currency? Do you think a financial collapse will be the trigger to get compliance on something like this?? Especially, should a new currency be worth MORE than your old inflated Dollars?

FF

Bruno
10-09-2008, 10:51 PM
From what I've read briefly on this, member countries in the IMF cannot have gold backed currencies, like ours.

How do you suppose regular Americans might think about a world currency? Do you think a financial collapse will be the trigger to get compliance on something like this?? Especially, should a new currency be worth MORE than your old inflated Dollars?

FF

I think a financial collapse is now being triggered to get compliance on this. The bailout power was more more about the power grab it created in the legislation that was passed than the actual dollar amount associated with it. It gives the Fed and the Treasury far-reaching powers to do whatever is necessary to stabilize the economy.

Unfortunately, I think most Americans will fall for it because they will not be able to see that the powers that created this mess are the ones that are trying to offer the solution. They will feel that it is all "too complicated" to think about and just "hope they do something, do anything." What that will result in is a loss of our sovereignty through monetary and economic policy without even suspending the constitution.

All speculation, of course, but the events are really coming into play for global agendas that have existed for decades.

fr33domfightr
10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I think a financial collapse is now being triggered to get compliance on this. The bailout power was more more about the power grab it created in the legislation that was passed than the actual dollar amount associated with it. It gives the Fed and the Treasury far-reaching powers to do whatever is necessary to stabilize the economy.

Unfortunately, I think most Americans will fall for it because they will not be able to see that the powers that created this mess are the ones that are trying to offer the solution. They will feel that it is all "too complicated" to think about and just "hope they do something, do anything." What that will result in is a loss of our sovereignty through monetary and economic policy without even suspending the constitution.

All speculation, of course, but the events are really coming into play for global agendas that have existed for decades.

If this were to occur, I think it could also be the catalyst for a new (real) revolution. Many people are hugely patriotic. To think they've been secretly made to submit could make things explode with anger. I guess we'll have to watch and see. I'm for creating a new American Currency that's as strong as Gold.

FF

jave27
10-10-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm for creating a new American Currency that's as strong as Gold.

Sorry, this won't happen. The greenback is still seen as a pillar of strength internationally (though that impression is diminishing lately). It actually took quite a bit of prodding to get them to start adding anti-counterfeiting measures to our current bills simply because of the psychology behind the US Dollar. It's been long-called a greenback, and there's a certain amount of pride in that, so adding extra colors took a pretty concerted effort at the time.

I think we are headed towards an international currently eventually... It probably won't happen during this crisis, but I have a feeling that this particular crisis will start the wheels turning, and it's likely that the next crisis will be the one where everyone truly panics.

Brian4Liberty
10-10-2008, 02:10 AM

I repeat a prediction:

Forget about the Amero. There will be a United Nations currency sponsored by the IMF and the World Bank.