PDA

View Full Version : Gun Owners

TheGreatCapitalist
10-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Are you a gun owner? I am. I hope you are. I want well armed countrymen.

parke
10-09-2008, 10:09 PM

Same here. I wish people understood what the second amendment was meant to protect.

RonPaulCentral
10-09-2008, 10:14 PM

One thing to say....

TWO barrett 50 cals....

And a lot of other goodies as well....... :D

nate895
10-09-2008, 10:27 PM
No, but I intend to purchase a gun when I turn 18. My dad keeps saying we need to get one, but he just never gets one.

mport1
10-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I will get one soon.

Pericles
10-09-2008, 10:47 PM
"If a man thinks war long enough, it is bound to have a good effect on him."

GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

jbuttell
10-10-2008, 01:48 AM
I will get one soon.

Its too bad the government keeps a record of every citizen who purchases a gun here in CA... they'll know where to get all of the law abiding citizen's guns.

Those of you in CA - remember, for your protection... you have to wait 10 days to get your gun. If the shit hits the fan in the next few days, you're outta luck. Government, it's doing its best, to keep you safe!

jbuttell
10-10-2008, 01:50 AM
I will get one soon.

Its too bad the government keeps a record of every citizen who purchases a gun here in CA... they'll know where to get all of the law abiding citizen's guns.

Those of you in CA - remember, for your protection... you have to wait 10 days to get your gun. If the shit hits the fan in the next few days, you're outta luck. Government, it's doing its best, to keep you safe!

Its really sad that we have to worry about what happened during Katrina. I can just imagine, in the event that people have to leave a city - some checkpoint will likely demand handing over of guns. Of course you could lie and gamble with a potential random search and suffer the consequences.

ryanduff
10-10-2008, 03:04 AM

Its really sad that we have to worry about what happened during Katrina. I can just imagine, in the event that people have to leave a city - some checkpoint will likely demand handing over of guns. Of course you could lie and gamble with a potential random search and suffer the consequences.

I'm sort-of in the same boat. I live in PA and there is a gun show this weekend. I have plans to go Sunday, but I'm afraid it might be too late. Fortunately in PA, its an instant check, so no waiting. I sent in my permit to carry the other day, but that takes 3 weeks to process...

Conza88
10-10-2008, 03:45 AM
My government banned them & implemented a gun buy back program, then made them illegal to won without a license in 1996 after a shooting in Tasmania.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

eredeath
10-10-2008, 06:22 AM
char

billjarrett
10-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Looking to buy one now, but here we have to get an ID card to even purchase one that takes usually at least 30 days to get. My application is in, just in a holding pattern now.

Conza88
10-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Looking to buy one now, but here we have to get an ID card to even purchase one that takes usually at least 30 days to get. My application is in, just in a holding pattern now.

If your name is Bill Jarrett I don't like your chances.... LOL ;)

TonySutton
10-10-2008, 06:53 AM
I have multiple guns and ammo for all. Only 2 were purchased by me, the remainder were handed down from my father. Most ammo was loaded by me at my dads or my uncles.

Uncle Sam has no clue what I really have in my possession. Nothing illegal but enough to protect my property.

USMC (ret) and expert with rifle and pistol, many times over ;)

Conza88
10-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I have multiple guns and ammo for all. Only 2 were purchased by me, the remainder were handed down from my father. Most ammo was loaded by me at my dads or my uncles.

Uncle Sam has no clue what I really have in my possession. Nothing illegal but enough to protect my property.

Are land mines legal? ;) What about flame throwers? Do they constitute as arms? :D

billjarrett
10-10-2008, 07:10 AM
If your name is Bill Jarrett I don't like your chances.... LOL ;)

LOL, it is. I don't believe in hiding :)

micahnelson
10-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Perhaps everyone would be cautious about a poll today asking you if you own a gun, if so how many you own, and what are your intentions for it... especially from a new member.

MikeStanart
10-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Perhaps everyone would be cautious about a poll today asking you if you own a gun, if so how many you own, and what are your intentions for it... especially from a new member.

I completely agree.

ITS A TRAP!

Razorback Fan
10-10-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't own one...yet. I just moved to a concealed-carry state, so I'm still going through the training to get a concealed-carry license. My wife surprised me last night by saying that it's time to get armed. This is someone who didn't care about politics two years ago. Good woman, that wife o' mine!

TheGreatCapitalist
10-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Yeah... And ozwald didn't do it and we didn't land on the moon... right?

TheGreatCapitalist
10-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I completely agree.

ITS A TRAP!

Besides... wouldn't the government already know if u had a gun?

JohnMeridith
10-10-2008, 08:41 AM

I buy my stuff private party in FL so I only have 2 that are on the books, there may be a few more laying around, but I won't tell.

fr33domfightr
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Well, guess what I've got, an M134a Minigun...hehe...

Just kidding, but I'd love to have one. In Vegas there are shooting ranges that let you shoot automatic weapons if you'd like. Good fun!

For those that don't have a gun yet, you can find an indoor or outdoor shooting range and see if they'll rent you a gun. I've actually done this once when I went to a range with some friends and didn't bring any weapons with me. They'll even give you some instruction as well. That way you can get some experience without the upfront costs of buying a gun first. Then you can decide if it's something you want to keep at home.

FF

micahnelson
10-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah... And ozwald didn't do it and we didn't land on the moon... right?

Whats this "we" business. I didn't land on the moon, did you? I believe some Apollo Astronauts did. I have no idea who "Ozwald" is.

Excellent response though. I suppose we are supposed to put complete trust to strangers on the internet asking about our weapons.

CurtisLow
10-10-2008, 09:44 AM

+1

TheGreatCapitalist
10-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Well... I'd come up with something sassy to say. But im from the government and we're not that smart.

BTW... the 36 of who who dont have guns.... GET THEM!

dwdollar
10-11-2008, 12:03 AM
If you don't have one, just go out and get one! If you don't exercise your rights, they will be taken from you. Honestly, I was kind of nervous walking into the gun store because I don't know that much about guns. Afterward, I felt guilty for spending so much money.

When I got home though, it was a different feeling altogether. I'm not a religious man, but I had one of those spiritual moments that everyone talks about. I felt like every one of my great grandfathers all the way back to the revolution was smiling and nodding in approval. It was awesome. I almost had a tear.

ClayTrainor
10-11-2008, 12:04 AM
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

That's a fantastic quote.

bkreigh
10-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I dont have one yet. However, there is a gun show up here next weekend that i will going to. Im looking for a Bushmaster AR-15. I dont know how big the show is going to be but if i dont see anything there my boss is going home for a week and he said one of his old buddies is selling one so he is going to try and haggle with him to get me a good price on it. we shall see though. i want something no later than the 20th though.

werdd
10-11-2008, 06:44 AM
what do you guys think of one of these?

http://www.freewebs.com/elitetacticsforce/+colt%20anaconda%20cal.%2044%20magnum.jpg

ive never fired a .44, it's fairly close to a 357 though isnt it?

werdd
10-11-2008, 06:46 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/images/lehi/colt/1063572_cltan44_leh_01m.jpg

They just look badass.

ihsv
10-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Wow! I'm surprised at how many patriots are unarmed :(

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 08:04 AM
I used to condemn handgun ownership on these forums.

My mind has changed...

Arm yourself to the teeth.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 08:06 AM
If you choose one weapon...

Buy a 12 gauge shotgun.

ShowMeLiberty
10-11-2008, 08:18 AM
When I got home though, it was a different feeling altogether. I'm not a religious man, but I had one of those spiritual moments that everyone talks about. I felt like every one of my great grandfathers all the way back to the revolution was smiling and nodding in approval. It was awesome. I almost had a tear.

I had a similar feeling the first time I went to a shooting range, first time I had ever fired a gun. Very empowering.

what do you guys think of one of these?

http://www.freewebs.com/elitetacticsforce/+colt%20anaconda%20cal.%2044%20magnum.jpg

ive never fired a .44, it's fairly close to a 357 though isnt it?

Nice but overpriced as collector items (at least they were as recently as last spring). If you want a collectible, go for it. If you want something you'll actually shoot don't get one of those because every shot you fire will decrease the value of that gun as a collector's item - you'd probably never make your money back if you wanted to sell it someday.

If you choose one weapon...

Buy a 12 gauge shotgun.

Good advice. Multi-purpose weapon, readily available and inexpensive ammo.

Wow! I'm surprised at how many patriots are unarmed :(

Me too. There are plenty of inexpensive yet reliable makes and models out there. Plenty of shooting enthusiasts who would be happy to help a newbie learn the ropes. Now is the time.

werdd
10-11-2008, 08:23 AM
so if i could get one of those for say 500$

that would be a good deal?

LibertyEagle
10-11-2008, 08:25 AM
I doubt it's too wise to be announcing what you have, or whether you have it at all, on a public message board.

ShowMeLiberty
10-11-2008, 08:26 AM
so if i could get one of those for say 500$

that would be a good deal?

Yeah, that would be like HALF OR LESS than what they're going for on auction sites like gunbroker.com!

At that price, it's either been fired a lot already (so it has little or no collectible value) or somebody didn't do their research and you have just found an AMAZING deal. :)

ItsTime
10-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Same here. I wish people understood what the second amendment was meant to protect.

I wish people understood what the second amendment was meant to protect.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Buy a handgun of appropriate caliber.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Many men, and most women "freak out" on the sound and recoil of a .44 magnum.

TruckinMike
10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Many men, and most women "freak out" on the sound and recoil of a .44 magnum.

Thats funny, my wife's bedroom gun is a Ruger blackhawk in 44mag. Its her favorite handgun. She has a petite stature, however it does require both hands. I tried to get her using my 9mm(semi) to no avail. She liked shooting the big Revolver. Who was I to demand otherwise?

TMike

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Thats funny, my wife's bedroom gun is a Ruger blackhawk in 44mag. Its her favorite handgun. She has a petite stature, however it does require both hands. I tried to get her using my 9mm(semi) to no avail. She liked shooting the big Revolver. Who was I to demand otherwise?

TMike

Blood oath!

I own a Redhawk!

Your lady is tops!

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I shoot target sillhoutte, and have respect for magnums.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 11:13 AM
That .44 is a serious weapon.

Nine mm. are play things.

LABELtheTRAITOR
10-11-2008, 11:19 AM
36 years old, and i never felt i need a gun til all this! got a family to protect.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 11:28 AM
36 years old, and i never felt i need a gun til all this! got a family to protect.

Good idea,

But...

Train. Be confident.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Fire your weapon many times before you use it.

Be comfortable with loading and un-loading.

TruckinMike
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Nine mm. are play things.

especially after shooting the 44mag. -- However, one of my personal favorites is my baby desert eagle in 9mm. It's not polymer, its all metal, so it does have some weight. But as a result, it does shoot straight! ...with absolutely no recoil. Its one of the best 9mm semi auto's that I have ever shot for rapid fire accuracy.

Note: Its made by Israeli Military Industries, they call it the "Jericho" in Israel. Its used by the IDF and Mossad. Battle tested tough.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/Jericho_941F.jpg/300px-Jericho_941F.jpg

TMike

puppetmaster
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok. For the ladies an SP101 is a great and comfortable handgun. For the men anything that starts with a .4 is good. I am surprised at the low number of armed patriots here

RedLightning
10-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I am surprised at the low number of armed patriots here

I am too, while I'm at school now next summer if I can I'd like to invite any patriots to go shooting at a local range. I'm not too good a shot, so I plan on doing as much as possible when possible.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 11:56 AM
especially after shooting the 44mag. -- However, one of my personal favorites is my baby desert eagle in 9mm. It's not polymer, its all metal, so it does have some weight. But as a result, it does shoot straight! ...with absolutely no recoil. Its one of the best 9mm semi auto's that I have ever shot for rapid fire accuracy.

Note: Its made by Israeli Military Industries, they call it the "Jericho" in Israel. Its used by the IDF and Mossad. Battle tested tough.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/Jericho_941F.jpg/300px-Jericho_941F.jpg

TMike

I have fired the 50 cab Semi automatic Desert Eagle.

And...

I'm in love.

Unfortunately, the line has been drawn.

My fingers and palms were numb.

Loved it!

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm a revolver man

The Desert Eagle is a serious handgun.

It felt like it was about to explode in my hand.

Scofield
10-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I currently do not own any firearms, and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon.

I live on campus at college, so I can't get one for that reason. I also have no job, so my lack of income is holding me back on that front as well.

My dad has a couple shotguns, but very little ammo (they're from when he used to hunt in his youth, but the ammo was bought years ago to kill a racoon that kept getting into our garbage). I'm thinking about asking him to purchase some ammo just in case.

When I turn 21, and am living off campus, I will apply for a handgun license (and a ccw). Hopefully by then I can afford a decent firearm, and hopefully the shit hasn't hit the fan by time that day comes.

Ozwest
10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I currently do not own any firearms, and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon.

I live on campus at college, so I can't get one for that reason. I also have no job, so my lack of income is holding me back on that front as well.

My dad has a couple shotguns, but very little ammo (they're from when he used to hunt in his youth, but the ammo was bought years ago to kill a racoon that kept getting into our garbage). I'm thinking about asking him to purchase some ammo just in case.

When I turn 21, and am living off campus, I will apply for a handgun license (and a ccw). Hopefully by then I can afford a decent firearm, and hopefully the shit hasn't hit the fan by time that day comes.

I never think of guns in real life. Maybe over the internet.

Chicks are not impressed.

Own a gun. Not to be a show-off.

Own a gun... as a last resort.

puppetmaster
10-11-2008, 12:20 PM

Patriotism comes in many forms. Stay in school and spread the message to those who will listen. We also need the diplomats to further our cause.

yongrel
10-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Not since I moved to DC.

risk_reward
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm going to my first handgun class in about 3 hours.

dr. hfn
10-11-2008, 03:01 PM
buy glocks, aks, and ar15s