PDA

View Full Version : The comments here are telling

wgadget
09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
and encouraging.

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2007/09/06/ron-paul-as-buster-douglas-his-triumph-last-night/

apropos
09-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I have registered as a republican so I can vote for Paul. Former democrat here.

disciple
09-06-2007, 11:01 AM

Welcome abroad.

jj111
09-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Welcome abroad.

You cannot assume the poster has travelled abroad.

I would say welcome aboard. :)

Ann Kobialka
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
welcome to the forums, Life long Dem myself reregistered about 2 months ago and have gotten a lot of friends and family to do the same. Get to work you have a lot of friends and family to expose to thier next president. Ann

PAforRP
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
New convert here. I have always voted Republican, but after watching the debate last evening, I am ready to support RP.

As lowdown and unprofessional FoxNews was in trying to skewer things against him.. to make a joke out of him, he still came out the winner.

Rudy... I still love his prior leadership in NY, but his chuckles were outrageous and immature.

micahnelson
09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the revolution!

Here is a "getting started" article to bring you up to speed.

http://www.micahnelson.com/?p=101

BIG_J
09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Just out of curiosity; this is a question to the former democrats...Why the change? Is it primarily the war and civil liberties issues; do you not buy into "National Healthcare", or is the fact that Paul could so change Health-Care that it would be a non-issue. Thanks for your responses.

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 11:09 AM
2007-09-06 08:09:38 Report abuse
Paul won the Maryland straw poll:

http://www.mdgop.org/News/Read.aspx?ID=5992

Reply to this comment Comment by Mike
2007-09-06 08:10:12 Report abuse
I am a anti-war Democrat and I will be switching my registration to vote for Dr. Paul and I recommend other likewise peple to do the same. He has the correct anti-war policy. These other republicans with their war,torture, and wire tapping scare the hell out of me.

All For Paul and Freedom

Mike-OKC

Reply to this comment
Comment by Lin J
2007-09-06 08:23:44 Report abuse
I have long been independent, and a constitutionalist–I will be registering as a Republican so I can vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.

Reply to this comment
Comment by Hamid Lalani
2007-09-06 08:50:50 Report abuse
I am a die hard Democrat and am considering voting for Ron Paul.
(Comments wont nest below this level)
Comment by John Puckett
2007-09-06 09:15:05 Report abuse
Hello Harnid

As an outside observer (I am Canadian) I am somewhat puzzled by your choice. Yo do have a democratic anti-war candidate in the person of Mike Gravel. Surprised that you would consider voting for Paul who has an extreme Barry Goldwater conservative domestic agenda - including getting rid of the department of education and opposing abortion rights. Why not vote for Gravel, get out of Iraq and still have a democrat domestic policyÉ
Comment by specsaregood
2007-09-06 09:36:36 Report abuse
The answer is simple.
Gravel has at most 1% of the amount of support that Ron Paul currently has. Ron Paul is running in a very weaked Repulican field and actually has a chance to throw out an upset (as the title of this article suggests). or as many people like to say, “we are working throw a revolution within the Republican party, bring it back to where it is supposed to be.”

Also, on all those social issues. Ron Paul is anti-Federal government on those issues. All those issues can still be dealt with on the state/local level, where programs can be fine-tuned and designed to fit their state’s population.

Department of Education — eliminating this does not get rid of all public schools. It just means the schools are not controlled by the federal government.

Abortion rights — face it, the nation does not see eye to eye on this issue. Californians want pro-choice, but in many “red” states, the population believes that life begins at conception. So leaving this issue at the local level, lets people design the government they want.

Reply here Comment by Karen Ladik
2007-09-06 08:24:22 Report abuse
I”m somewhat astonished by the way Ron Paul was treated. Even this morning, I read EVERY review of the debate and there was nary a word on his victory in not just this, but every debate so far!!!

He won the last two!!

This is so blatant…. so obvious. Don’t the networks understand that people love underdogs… and they don’t like to see this kind of conspiracy against an underdog?

I am NOT a Ron Paul operative… But I’m gonna be. I sent him money this morning because I was so mad.

I voted Reagan, Reagan, Perot Perot, Buchanan…. that’s my demographic.

And if the GOP thinks they are going to stifle debate on the neocon takeover they are sadly mistaken… I’ll vote OBama or Richardson before I’ll vote for those warmongers and torturers.

Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld should be tried for war crimes against 1 million dead IRaqis… convicted and shot between the eyes in a public square…

Bingo! - the war will be over.

Reply to this comment Comment by Tony
2007-09-06 08:28:28 Report abuse
Dr. Paul is the only chance of the Republican party’s resurrection after what the Neocons have done…

Reply to this comment Comment by AB Tigs
2007-09-06 08:53:07 Report abuse
Ron Paul is the only HOPE for America.

Reply to this comment Comment by richard vajs
2007-09-06 09:03:23 Report abuse
I voted for Ron Paul in 1988 and I hope I get the chance to do so again in 2008. I am glad that he is going this far (calling this war a criminal invasion). I just wish that he would or could have the freedom to lay the blame of this criminal invasion where it really lies - at the feet of the bloody Israel-First lobby.

Reply to this comment Comment by D.L.
2007-09-06 09:05:20 Report abuse
Fortunately I live in Texas and don’t have to register Republican to vote Paul in the Tx. primary (still, the way Texas had their straw poll with only previous delegates allowed to vote I wouldn’t be surprised if this was changed on short notice.) I have wanted to vote for Paul for many years, and now I can. In fact, it just might be the last time I vote for anyone unless Paul wins the Repub nomination. I believe this is the crucial test to see if there is any honesty left in the election system…but I’m not holding my breath.

Reply to this comment Comment by PatriotofOld
2007-09-06 09:41:19 Report abuse
I prefer humility over grandstanding, right over wrong, Paul over Huckabee. May true patriots stand-up for what is right, which at times means admitting wrong and stepping aside. May God bless Ron Paul, America, and the world our power-play policies have damaged.

I will register as a Republican in Utah, so I can vote for Paul.

Reply to this comment Comment by Scott Thomason
2007-09-06 09:43:24 Report abuse
Listening to the snickers from the other candidates as Ron suggested that he would begin undoing the vast web of bureaucratic sludge–DOE, Fatherland Securiity, etc.–provides a glimpse into the utter cynicism that mainstream politicians have for our freedoms.

Reply to this comment Comment by Ron Moss
2007-09-06 09:58:49 Report abuse
Congress had the power and responsibility to coin money and regulate the value thereof. They did not have the authority to delegate that duty to any of their friends or unfederal preserve.
How clear is that?

Reply to this comment
Comment by Ron Moss
2007-09-06 10:02:27 Report abuse
Is this the evidence of the expected Antichrist system?

Reply to this comment Comment by Brad
2007-09-06 10:01:43 Report abuse
If your state is an open primary, you won’t have to switch parties to vote in the other party’s primary. Check your state laws to make sure.

I’m glad to see that enough people know truth when they hear it to change their party affiliation (which is just a surface and meaningless label anyway) to help the best man win.

The truth is, on the democrat side, with the exception of Kucinich and Gravel, the candidates, even Obama, are all establishment hacks with CFR credentials. Hillary and Edwards are Bilderberg Group attendees.

This is all stage-managed pageantry and really the parties are no different from each other. The so-called “fringe” candidates are the only ones worth even looking at! It’s high time the American people saw through the propaganda and reacted accordingly.

Reply to this comment Comment by James
2007-09-06 10:05:24 Report abuse
Nice to see/hear an American Politician WITHOUT the Penis of Israel in his/her mouth!!!

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 11:10 AM
New convert here. I have always voted Republican, but after watching the debate last evening, I am ready to support RP.

As lowdown and unprofessional FoxNews was in trying to skewer things against him.. to make a joke out of him, he still came out the winner.

Rudy... I still love his prior leadership in NY, but his chuckles were outrageous and immature.

Welcome to the Revolution PA! (stadard Intro for newbies):D

So, you have just discovered Ron Paul. Congratulations and welcome to the revolution! Many of you have never been involved with a political movement before. I was you merely six months ago. I expect that you are much like I was a few months ago, unsure of what to do next. Hopefully this will give you a little orientation to the Ron Paul Revolution!

1)There is no national direction for our grassroots campaign- so don't wait for instructions.

This may come as a surprise to you, but we are a true grassroots movement. The signs you see, the fliers you have received, and the Internet dominance we have achieved have been independent from the national campaign. So what does this mean to you? Since no one is in charge, we have to take charge for ourselves. Ideally this would be done through your local Meetup group. These small groups are the smaller cells that make up the body of the campaign. You can access Meetup directly, or go through the www.RonPaul2008.com website. Join a local group and see what they are doing. You may find that working with a small local group is better than going it alone. This does, however, lead me to my second point

2)Ron Paul attracts many different types of people, so understand that you will disagree with some of the people you meet.

Don't feel intimidated or get angry with people who feel differently than you. Focus on the main goal of getting Ron Paul the Republican Nomination, and then the Presidency. If political differences become too much, don't be afraid of starting your own group. The worst thing you can do is give up on the movement because of disagreement with some of its members.

3)Think and operate as locally as possible, starting with friends and family

Do you know two people who are unsatisfied with our government? I doubt you could find two people who ARE satisfied. If at all possible, try to “Double Yourself” which is to say, find two people to support the Ron Paul campaign and will “Double” themselves. This sort of growth is exponential, and has been the key to our success thus far. While some meetups and online communities are collaborating on large scale media advertising, don't overlook the importance of convince your own circle of influence. Here is a little joke that might give you some insight

Q: How can you tell you are in a room with a Ron Paul supporter?
A: He'll tell you.

4)Use your talents, abilities, and skills.

During the Revolutionary War, heroes were made out of seamstresses, orators, soldiers, financiers, shopkeepers and more. There is even a place in history for Molly Pitcher, who brought water to soldiers, and manned artillery after her husband fell. Don't try to be someone your not, just use who you are to support the campaign. Bake cookies for neighbors with Ron Paul fliers, talk to your friends or pastor at church, the possibilities are as diverse- and that gives us strength.

5)Don't Forget the Basics

Put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. When possible, wear a “Who is Ron Paul?” T-shirt (people WILL ask you), and keep campaign literature at the ready to give out.

Where you go is up to you. This is new territory for all of us.

Stay informed, Stay Motivated, and most of all Stay Excited!

Useful Sites:
www.RonPaul2008.com
www.Ronpaulforums.com
www.RonPaul.Meetup.Com
www.freeme.tv
www.youtube.com Ron Pauls videos under the YouChoose '08 category

Please Donate to MarchAcrossAmerica.blogspot.com

slantedview
09-06-2007, 11:14 AM

ditto, although, I really still consider myself a democrat. I'm just on board for the Dr. Paul campaign :)

Shink
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Absolutely uplifting. I thank you all for coming along for the ride.:)

apropos
09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Just out of curiosity; this is a question to the former democrats...Why the change?

Ron Paul just makes sense. He is correct that our government is going to smother us under its own weight in the coming years, with Universal Health Care just the latest scheme to have the government make decisions for us. I am not anti-war, but when he talked about a smaller government (especially getting rid of the IRS and the Dept. of Education), it's difficult not to sign onto that.

If I had to sum it up, I know he believes in the Constitution of the United States. That is all that matters ultimately. Hillary, Rudy, and the rest think they can pick and choose which ammendments they want to listen to.

speciallyblend
09-06-2007, 02:53 PM

I'm a former democrat,12 yrs now libertarian,now registered republican along with my wife and maybe the 19yr old step daughter RON PAUL REVOLUTION 2008

specsaregood
09-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Welcome aboard!

if you haven't already, sign up at http://ronpaul.meetup.com
and read up at
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org

Then hit the streets and tell people, it is fun and they will THANKYOU. Seriously.

PAforRP
09-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Welcome aboard!

if you haven't already, sign up at http://ronpaul.meetup.cm
and read up at
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org

Then hit the streets and tell people, it is fun and they will THANKYOU. Seriously. Thank you for the info! I have been emailing my family and friends with the Youtube links from last evening, including a brief list of his stances on issues.

I love this guy. I cannot ever remember being this excited about a candidate. Man, would he ever shake up Washington! He is soooo far outside of the mold that we are accustomed to.

specsaregood
09-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the info! I have been emailing my family and friends with the Youtube links from last evening, including a brief list of his stances on issues.

I love this guy. I cannot ever remember being this excited about a candidate. Man, would he ever shake up Washington! He is soooo far outside of the mold that we are accustomed to.

I remember that feeling. The day I heard about him, I ended up spending the entire rest of the day reading all of his columns and speeches. I can't think of another politician (really a statesman) put so much opinion and knowledge down in writing. It was amazing.

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Welcome everyone! Together, let's get our country back.

By the way, I'm a traditional conservative, or what some would call a Goldwater-Republican. Ron Paul all the way!

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 03:19 PM

Welcome....... to the jungle

no seriously welcome

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the Revolution!

So, you have just discovered Ron Paul. Congratulations and welcome to the revolution! Many of you have never been involved with a political movement before. I was you merely six months ago. I expect that you are much like I was a few months ago, unsure of what to do next. Hopefully this will give you a little orientation to the Ron Paul Revolution!

1)There is no national direction for our grassroots campaign- so don't wait for instructions.

This may come as a surprise to you, but we are a true grassroots movement. The signs you see, the fliers you have received, and the Internet dominance we have achieved have been independent from the national campaign. So what does this mean to you? Since no one is in charge, we have to take charge for ourselves. Ideally this would be done through your local Meetup group. These small groups are the smaller cells that make up the body of the campaign. You can access Meetup directly, or go through the www.RonPaul2008.com website. Join a local group and see what they are doing. You may find that working with a small local group is better than going it alone. This does, however, lead me to my second point

2)Ron Paul attracts many different types of people, so understand that you will disagree with some of the people you meet.

Don't feel intimidated or get angry with people who feel differently than you. Focus on the main goal of getting Ron Paul the Republican Nomination, and then the Presidency. If political differences become too much, don't be afraid of starting your own group. The worst thing you can do is give up on the movement because of disagreement with some of its members.

3)Think and operate as locally as possible, starting with friends and family

Do you know two people who are unsatisfied with our government? I doubt you could find two people who ARE satisfied. If at all possible, try to “Double Yourself” which is to say, find two people to support the Ron Paul campaign and will “Double” themselves. This sort of growth is exponential, and has been the key to our success thus far. While some meetups and online communities are collaborating on large scale media advertising, don't overlook the importance of convince your own circle of influence. Here is a little joke that might give you some insight

Q: How can you tell you are in a room with a Ron Paul supporter?
A: He'll tell you.

4)Use your talents, abilities, and skills.

During the Revolutionary War, heroes were made out of seamstresses, orators, soldiers, financiers, shopkeepers and more. There is even a place in history for Molly Pitcher, who brought water to soldiers, and manned artillery after her husband fell. Don't try to be someone your not, just use who you are to support the campaign. Bake cookies for neighbors with Ron Paul fliers, talk to your friends or pastor at church, the possibilities are as diverse- and that gives us strength.

5)Don't Forget the Basics

Put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. When possible, wear a “Who is Ron Paul?” T-shirt (people WILL ask you), and keep campaign literature at the ready to give out.

Where you go is up to you. This is new territory for all of us.

Stay informed, Stay Motivated, and most of all Stay Excited!

Useful Sites:
www.RonPaul2008.com
www.Ronpaulforums.com
www.RonPaul.Meetup.Com
www.freeme.tv
www.youtube.com Ron Pauls videos under the YouChoose '08 category

Please Donate to MarchAcrossAmerica.blogspot.com

jmunjr
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I hope Paul doesn't emulate Buster Douglas' performance AFTER his win...

Tina
09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Just out of curiosity; this is a question to the former democrats...Why the change? Is it primarily the war and civil liberties issues; do you not buy into "National Healthcare", or is the fact that Paul could so change Health-Care that it would be a non-issue. Thanks for your responses.

That's my thinking about it. I'm not in love with the idea of national healthcare and I would like for it not to be a political issue, but then I feel that way about abortion, and gay marriage, they shouldn't be a part of politics. It's not government business, it's my business. I guess I've always had a libertarian bent and didn't know it. But, something does have to change about healthcare. One of the main reasons I've ever called myself a dem is because I am antiwar, and I despise the neo-cons agenda.

Bryan
09-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Ron Paul just makes sense.
A fair assessment: :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdqjOmcfxqk

Welcome!