PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me if BJ Lawson....

mrchubbs
10-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Has stated that he wants to abolish the Federal Reserve?

I can't find any such direct quote from him.

If he does, can you point me to a site where he says so?

(I'm not attacking him, just trying to see if he's doing the right thing by framing his positions in a kinder/gentler way to appeal to mainstream minds)

Thanks.

trey4sports
10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
i believe he is for a phased dissolvance of the fed. He always talks about "sound money" in his essays as well

pacelli
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Congress unconstitutionally delegated the government's authority to coin money and regulate its value to a private central bank, the Federal Reserve, in 1913. The banking system underneath the Federal Reserve controls access to money and credit, and as such, maintains a monopoly over the most important commodity in our economy -- the money itself

www.lawsonforcongress.com

The final point of my agenda is monetary reform. The Federal Reserve has complete discretionary power over the monetary unit and the money supply. Its policy of fixing interest rates in the economy and creating credit out of thin air produces inflation, malinvestment, and instability. I support allowing gold and silver to be used as legal tender, as our Constitution instructs. I will also work to bring greater transparency and accountability to the Federal Reserve.

http://democratsforlawson.blogspot.com/

Mini-Me
10-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks, pacelli. Really, I think that's the best possible policy anyway...if the government just allows people to choose their currency freely, the Fed doesn't even need to be abolished. It'll just gradually become irrelevant. :)