PDA

View Full Version : CNBC still trying to predict a bottom..

socialize_me
10-09-2008, 03:59 PM
They did it back in March right after Bear Stearns, they did it in mid-July after record oil prices, they did it back in September when it looked like all was well with the bailout proposal, and now they're saying the Dow should be ~6500. Well, at least they're giving themselves a 2000 point leeway rather than using the current market rate.

People could've made a killing off this stock market collapse. Checkout "SKF" on finance.google.com...it's an ETF that shorts financials, and you can short the DOW by buying the "DXD". Since October 1st (only 8 days ago), SKF went from $96/share to now $181 in EIGHT DAYS. I don't even think tech stocks before the NASDAQ bubble ever had results like that. Absolutely insane.

dannno
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Don't forget DUG - UltraShort Oil & Gas ProShares

matthylland
10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
They have called it every day the past 6 days I think...

It will happen eventually, it is just a matter of time before they are right.

but 1 up day doesn't mean bottom either...but I'm sure on an up day they will be all hyped up.

socialize_me
10-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Don't forget DUG - UltraShort Oil & Gas ProShares

I don't know if I would short oil right now..it's too tough to call, but of course I'm no expert. In the next couple weeks they say we'll have more rate cuts from the Fed.

BarryDonegan
10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
thats optimism. they are trying to convince everyone it may end. maybe, out of hopes that they won't cause more panic... don't think its really working.