PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Money Machine Bombs a Republican Congressional Candidate

hillbilly123069
10-09-2008, 02:51 PM
On October 7, former Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul sent an email to his list urging financial support for Republican candidate B.J. Lawson (N.C.-4). The result has been an influx of hundreds of thousands of dollars for the campaign.

Excerpt of the email:

During my presidential campaign, we set records and shocked the political establishment with "Money Bombs." Individuals came together and pooled their contributions, large and small, to make a huge splash on one day. And, boy, did the Washington fat cats take notice!

Today, I am asking you to do the same for my friend B.J. Lawson. Will you make a contribution at www.lawsonforcongress.com?

I need B.J. in Congress with me to stand up for liberty and limited government, and against the Patriot Act and Wall Street bailouts.

Lawson is running against Democratic incumbent David Price who has one of the worst campaign websites I've ever seen.

The goal of Ron Paul's email was to bring in an additional $200K to the campaign; but it ended up bringing in over $250K for Lawson's campaign. (Lawson's campaign pushed the rest through their means.)

I asked Ron Paul's political director, Jesse Benton, about the money bomb and why Ron Paul decided to back Lawson. He said:

"The money bomb for B.J. Lawson was a confluence of three factors. First, Dr. Paul has tremendous fundraising appeal and his fans and supporters respond to his requests. His nationwide network is second to none. Secondly, B.J. Lawson is a great candidate, and people recognize that. Finally, Dr. Lawson spent time working with Dr. Paul's national following and developed name ID with them. Put all three together, and thousands of supporters came together to give a tidal wave of small contributions."

Will Ron Paul's extra $250K make the difference in the race? Perhaps. But one thing is clear, a national network of citizens like those connected by Paul can impact a Congressional race outside of the establishment.
http://techrepublican.com/blog/the-ron-paul-money-machine-bombs-a-republican-congressional-candidate

rancher89
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Double WOOT!! One for Ron and One for BJ!!!

Bern
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Nice write-up. Go BJ, go!

ItsTime
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
nice! I thought people said money bombs were dead lol. I guess it is only when Break the... nevermind

MRoCkEd
10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
nice! I thought people said money bombs were dead lol. I guess it is only when Break the... nevermind
this is the only time ron paul himself sent an email about a moneybomb

sratiug
10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Go BJ, Ron needs reinforcements!

revolutionman
10-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I hate when our efforts are reduced to dollar amounts.

Those donations represent much more than just dollar signs. Every donation represents commitment to a candidate and to an ideology. Its wildly different from the bastardized politics of Democrats and the average Republican. We are not picking between the better of two evils or voting for the guy we like most, or against the guy we like least. Our support comes from value, principal, and honor. I feel sorry for whatever candidate would try to take that sort of support for granted. not like the status quo which is based on a candidate taking advantage of the good intentions of his supporters.

dr. hfn
10-09-2008, 06:04 PM
bump

liberteebell
10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I hate when our efforts are reduced to dollar amounts.

Those donations represent much more than just dollar signs. Every donation represents commitment to a candidate and to an ideology. Its wildly different from the bastardized politics of Democrats and the average Republican. We are not picking between the better of two evils or voting for the guy we like most, or against the guy we like least. Our support comes from value, principal, and honor. I feel sorry for whatever candidate would try to take that sort of support for granted. not like the status quo which is based on a candidate taking advantage of the good intentions of his supporters.

+2008

Even so, it's always good to remind people that we're still around and we can still make waves. :cool:

revolutionman
10-09-2008, 06:42 PM
+2008

Even so, it's always good to remind people that we're still around and we can still make waves.

true that

Bern
10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I sure the number of donors would have been mentioned if they were all eligible to vote for him.