PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we in love with Justice Clarence Thomas?

Kludge
10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas

Seriously... This guy's f'king amazing!

Thomas on McConnel v. FEC (regarding the BCRA [McCain-Feingold]): "most significant abridgment of the freedoms of speech and association since the Civil War."

tonesforjonesbones
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Why? Because Clarance Thomas is a conservative Republican...and we all know REpublicans are the anti christ right? tones

Kludge
10-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Bump?

heavenlyboy34
10-09-2008, 03:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas

Seriously... This guy's f'king amazing!

Thomas on McConnel v. FEC (regarding the BCRA [McCain-Feingold]): "most significant abridgment of the freedoms of speech and association since the Civil War."

This probably has something to do with it (from your reference site).

"Fourth Amendment

In the cases regarding the Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures, Thomas often favors police over defendants, although not always—he was in the majority in Kyllo v. United States and wrote separately in Indianapolis v. Edmond the opinion that the Constitution does not allow random stops of drivers. His opinion for the court in Board of Education v. Earls upheld drug testing for students involved in extracurricular activities, and wrote again for the court in Samson v. California, permitting random searches on parolees. He dissented in the case Georgia v. Randolph, which prohibited warrantless searches that one resident approves and the other opposes, arguing that the case was controlled by the court's decision in Coolidge v. New Hampshire."

Besides, a laissez-faire libertarian opposes government courts in general in favor of arbitrators who sell their dispute settlement services on the open market.

ChickenHawk
10-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, I for one, think Clarence Thomas is the best justice on the court.

heavenlyboy34
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I for one, think Clarence Thomas is the best justice on the court.

May I ask why? :)

werdd
10-09-2008, 04:53 PM

anyone who publicly says that is well on his or her way to becoming my personal hero.

nate895
10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
This probably has something to do with it (from your reference site).

"Fourth Amendment

In the cases regarding the Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures, Thomas often favors police over defendants, although not always—he was in the majority in Kyllo v. United States and wrote separately in Indianapolis v. Edmond the opinion that the Constitution does not allow random stops of drivers. His opinion for the court in Board of Education v. Earls upheld drug testing for students involved in extracurricular activities, and wrote again for the court in Samson v. California, permitting random searches on parolees. He dissented in the case Georgia v. Randolph, which prohibited warrantless searches that one resident approves and the other opposes, arguing that the case was controlled by the court's decision in Coolidge v. New Hampshire."

Besides, a laissez-faire libertarian opposes government courts in general in favor of arbitrators who sell their dispute settlement services on the open market.

I actually favor his stance on those issues, random drug testing of students and searching of parolees makes sense, they are participating in extracurricular activities, and are not guaranteed to be on it, and parolees have lost their rights due to their conviction, the ones he ruled against are wrong.

tonesforjonesbones
10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Clarance Thomas is a republican. I like him. I just can't figure out why ya'll like him? tones

Kludge
10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Bump.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Thomas is not qualified to by on the supreme court. Heck, I bet his own mother doesnt think he should be on the supreme court.

Kludge
10-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Thomas is not qualified to by on the supreme court. Heck, I bet his own mother doesnt think he should be on the supreme court.

He follows the Constitution far better than the majority of his colleagues, IMO...

Of course, given the presidents who have appointed many of the judges...

johnrocks
10-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I always liked Thomas

Kotin
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I enjoy Justice Thomas very much..

Matt Collins
10-13-2008, 11:28 PM
How about Lochner?