PDA

View Full Version : Who Feeling this RUSH of Emotion FOR THE FIRst time re; Politics?

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Let's see - I was yelling at the top of my lungs last night - and clapping at the damn TV - my wife thinks I'm crazy

I can barely work today - feeling so much emotion reading all your posts 300+ people on this forums?

MusoSpuso
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Let's see - I was yelling at the top of my lungs last night - and clapping at the damn TV - my wife thinks I'm crazy

I can barely work today - feeling so much emotion reading all your posts 300+ people on this forums?

I feel ya!

wgadget
09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
My 15yo son told me I was crazy last night. :D

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
haha i've been following politics for about 8 years and have only within the past 5 months or so been actively involved.

my wife thinks i'm nuts too, but she watched the debate last night and i think she's now an official "Paulite" after seeing how shitily the moderators and other candidates treated him.

Mister Grieves
09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I couldn't go to bed until 3 a.m. last night, I was so pumped.

It's truly bizarre how this thing has changed me. I only loosely followed what was going on in politics before, mainly out of disgust.

I actually have hope for the country my daughter will grow up in and it feels good.

RonPaulCult
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
My meetup group had a little debate party last night and I was jumping up and down and making an ass out of myself but - I do that every debate when Ron Paul is speaking. It just makes me so damn excited

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I'm glad everyone's feeling this pumped up feeling. Lets turn it into action. Think big. Or, do a lot of little things. Just keep pushing the message.

Let them not defeat us. Let us celebrate when we prevail with the truth and hope for the future.

adpierce
09-06-2007, 10:52 AM
This is what political philosophers from years past talked about. As a political science student I've read about how having people be politically active can be an important governmental goal in and of itself apart from any tangible results. I honestly feel that even if everything goes downhill with the RP campaign from here on out (which I don't think will happen) the work I've done for this campaign and the money I gave to Ron Paul's campaign was not in vain. To see 40,000+ people in my country get fired up to the point that they'll join meetup groups and promote not just a person, but a political ideology is the most exciting thing I've ever seen in my young life. I've read postings from older people (I'm only 23) saying that they've never felt this way about a candidate before, that they've never felt as passionate about a cause before. I hope that even if this campaign doesn't overcome the powers that be as of right now that my generation will have a fire lit so brightly that the advances that Dr. Paul has made will never be forgotten, and true political change will occur in the near future.

belian78
09-06-2007, 10:55 AM
hahahahahaha!!! after watching Dr Paul hand Hannity's ass to him i was goin on and on about it like i was watching a UFC PPV or something! I looked to my GF and was like "i cant believe i'm getting like this about politics!" :eek:

although at one point i thought i seriously was going to have a stroke. i had to go in the other room and drink my beverage for a minute to calm down, i was so pissed. LOL

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM
This is what political philosophers from years past talked about. As a political science student I've read about how having people be politically active can be an important governmental goal in and of itself apart from any tangible results. I honestly feel that even if everything goes downhill with the RP campaign from here on out (which I don't think will happen) the work I've done for this campaign and the money I gave to Ron Paul's campaign was not in vain. To see 40,000+ people in my country get fired up to the point that they'll join meetup groups and promote not just a person, but a political ideology is the most exciting thing I've ever seen in my young life. I've read postings from older people (I'm only 23) saying that they've never felt this way about a candidate before, that they've never felt as passionate about a cause before. I hope that even if this campaign doesn't overcome the powers that be as of right now that my generation will have a fire lit so brightly that the advances that Dr. Paul has made will never be forgotten, and true political change will occur in the near future.

I am such a sap - why does this crap - make me so emotional....what the heck is going on here?

sickmint79
09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
half of my friends think i am crazy now.

adpierce
09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
ghemminger, I think you get so emotional because very few people can understand what people who support RP feel. Even many politicians in today's age don't understand it because they're not statesmen, they're in it for power and personal glory. True politics is more than this, it is in fact what our forefathers fought and died for. True politics is the ability to as an individual have a positive impact on the world around you. The current public animosity towards politics has not always been prevalent in our country. Once upon a time this country was a place where ordinary people could truly have a space to act politically (I'm not talking about Bush's restrictive "free-speech zones") and actually (because this nation was a republic) be heard.