PDA

View Full Version : I Filed A Complaint With The FCC

granny miller
09-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Well, I think it is obscene and disgraceful that I could hear laughing & giggling last night during the New Hampshire GOP debate.

I believe Fox News owes Congressman Paul and the American Voter an apology.

In 35 years of active politics I have never seen or heard anything so biased or unprofessional.
Fox News needs their license revoked if that type of thing continues.

Here's the link to the FCC form:

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/cib/fcc475B.cfm

I am also going to rip into my local Fox News sponsors

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Give me a break. Ron would not support such action. To use government force to censor speech is just wrong. Rudy just proved the big fool he is. No need to go to the FCC over it.

anewvoice
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
If this is in fact a battle for our liberty, peaceful though it be, would not this simply be another tool in the arsenal?

Granted the FCC as a weapon is like grabbing a centuries old, unmaintained firearm, loading in modern pellet and expecting a result other than a trip to the hospital with self inflicted wounds, but I digress.

The issue is not the person laughing in my eyes, the debate was even moreso a sham than the previous debates, and that IS saying something.

RonPaulCult
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Fox News Channel is a cable channel and therefore not regulated by the FCC because it does not use public airwaves.

Do not waste your time writing the FCC about it

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
We are better than the neo-conservatives. No need to stoop to their level.

tnvoter
09-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm sending them my comments also. It was the most unprofessional debate I've seen also, it was 100x worse than when Al Gore was constantly "sighing" to everything Bush said in the 2000 debate that time that cost him some support.

granny miller
09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Fox News Channel is a cable channel and therefore not regulated by the FCC because it does not use public airwaves.

You know I didn't think about that....I'm still calling their Sponsors

RonPaulCult
09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm sending them my comments also. It was the most unprofessional debate I've seen also, it was 100x worse than when Al Gore was constantly "sighing" to everything Bush said in the 2000 debate that time that cost him some support.

Yeah as I just said - FCC has nothing to do with cable channels. Don't waste your time.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Nothing wrong with filing complaints even if there's no basis for FCC action, and even if the FCC is a BS governmental construct. If enough people did lodge protests it might just be newsworthy in and of itself.

Sometimes, protest has a value even if the protest itself doesn't result in a specific result.

RonPaulCult
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Nothing wrong with filing complaints even if there's no basis for FCC action, and even if the FCC is a BS governmental construct. If enough people did lodge protests it might just be newsworthy in and of itself.

Sometimes, protest has a value even if the protest itself doesn't result in a specific result.

I say write to Fox News and tell them you will not support their sponsers if they keep it up

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM

Then use the market place of ideas rather than government force. Target the sponsors.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
LOL fillling complaints with the FCC

Here is a hint.

They are just as much in on it, as these people trying to silence Ron. The FCC isn't going to do absolutely anything about this.

EvilTwinkie
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Much better to complain about the equal time issue, even though Paul owns with less time given.

They are so clueless, they dont know that the disrespectful laughter only galvanizes us and energizes us to do more. Seriously there have to be intelligent people out there who havent really heard of paul who realize its not presidential or professional in the least to disrespect your opponent like that. They dont realize the damage they do to themselves and we are better for it.

What was most disturbing to me about the laughter was that Rudy seemed to have the attitude like "Im the chosen one, I can do what I want, this thing is bought and paid for.. suckers."

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Then use the market place of ideas rather than government force. Target the sponsors.

Yes, but you can also use your enemy's power apparatus against them. It's their base of power, use it against them.

Filing a complaint isn't coercion, it's expression.

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Yes, but you can also use your enemy's power apparatus against them. It's their base of power, use it against them.

Filing a complaint isn't coercion, it's expression.

Wasteful government is the enemy. To use it is to justify its existence. Plus to have government step in over a media issue is way to communist for my taste. Just target the sponsors. That is how we get things done in a free market.

katao
09-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I vote for the market solution - We need to publicize this far and wide - blog it, create YouTube videos of it, SHAME THEM. Even those who don't agree with RP will agree that the behavior truly was shameful.

wbbgjr
09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Just to keep things in perspective.

Yes the questions they asked RP was loaded, however, remember the the question to Guiliani about family values? and also the question to romney about him comparing his sons to soldiers?

yes the attacks on RP were sharper and more frequent, but that's expected since people are just starting to see the light.

Mister Grieves
09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but here is at least a partial list of Fox News's sponsors: http://skinthefox.com/sponsors_001.htm
EDIT: and also here: http://www.debone.com/boycottFoxNewsSponsors.html

After last night's deplorable tactics, I'm going to bite the bullet and start boycotting them and their sponsors.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Wasteful government is the enemy. To use it is to justify its existence. Plus to have government step in over a media issue is way to communist for my taste. Just target the sponsors. That is how we get things done in a free market.

Filing a complaint isn't government, it's free expression.

If I thought the complaint would cause armed FCC thugs in black helicopters to swarm FOX News Headquarters and slaughter everyone there, I wouldn't support contacting the FCC.

But, nothing will happen except possibly that the calls become a mention in a media report.

I don't subscribe to the notion that using any government entity that's forced upon us as wrong.

pwnsey
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I swear the campaign would be much better off without crybabies like you.

granny miller
09-06-2007, 11:10 AM

Is that comment addressed to me :confused:

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Every voice is needed, trying shut off expression is not going to help the campaign. At this stage any peaceful protest matters, and it comes in many varieties. Stop wishing you could control everyone's expression.

If 15,000 people complain about Fox News Debate coverage to the FCC it doesn't matter if it FCC takes action or not. A statement of protest will have been made.

jeremycobert
09-06-2007, 11:12 AM
is there anything we wont complain about ? jebus ! RP got in plenty of good points, let continue to be positive.

BLS
09-06-2007, 11:12 AM

So, I guess Fox can say "F*CK" and "SH[]T" all they want too?

AZJV
09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I would like to see Ron call them out. He should stop his response and chastise the moderator for allowing such immature behavior.

He should then turn to rudy and point out to him that this is a PRESIDENTIAL debate and not a grade school debate and he should act like it.

ron would get huge MSM coverage if he did that. JMO!!!

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
is there anything we wont complain about ? jebus ! RP got in plenty of good points, let continue to be positive.

There's plenty to protest, and protest is what makes people realize that things need to change.

jj111
09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I say let's move forward to our next victory.

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 11:16 AM
So, I guess Fox can say "F*CK" and "SH[]T" all they want too?

On cable yes. Cable is unregulated.

adpierce
09-06-2007, 11:19 AM
The unfortunate thing is that boycotting Fox News' sponsors is nearly impossible... try it, competition in the marketplace is at an all time low among large companies. It'll cost you an arm and leg to try to boycott every single company that sponsors Fox News, and even then since Murdoch owns it... a principled approach would be to boycott everything else Murdoch owns, try that! It sounds good on a posting, but a simple search of all the things that Murdoch has substantial stock in / owns shows how impossible this would be much less boycotting his sponsors for his media outlets.

anewvoice
09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
And besides, if the complaint is read by one person, that one person has a chance to get to know Ron Paul.

280 million more chances and we've won the day.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 11:25 AM
The problem with writing to the FCC is that they will use our letters as "evidence" that we want the government to control the cable broadcasts as well as the network broadcasts.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Imagine being a prisoner of war in an abusive and sadistically operated Prison Camp.

Obviously, you and your fellow prisoners would do everything you could to escape, but you would still be within your rights to complain to the Camp commandant about the maltreatment, not because it would do anything but because it would be a protest.

In complaining to the FCC, you are simply expressing protest that some other human being might react to or have to think about.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
The problem with writing to the FCC is that they will use our letters as "evidence" that we want the government to control the cable broadcasts as well as the network broadcasts.

The statists would see nothing wrong with that, the freedom minded would know better.

Complaints are complaints and do not equate to coercion. Simply registering complaints via some apparatus that might record or tally them is useful in and of itself.

Example:
FCC Spokesperson: "Oh, we had thousands of calls concerning Fox News Channel's debate coverage, no regulations were broken but many people were upset."

Bob Cochran
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm with those who advocate being vocal about how Fox ran the debate.

The FCC ought to hear about even though they can't/won't do squat about it.

As many people as possible ought to be made aware of Fox's nonsense.

This is war!

pwnsey
09-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Is that comment addressed to me :confused:

Yes it is. I just find it hard to believe that you say you support a candidate for smaller government, yet you want the government to control news media. Ron Paul got plenty of coverage because of the debates, even this morning he was on the news saying he won. So stop crying and do something useful for the campaign.

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM

Or maybe without rude asshats like you.

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I would like to see Ron call them out. He should stop his response and chastise the moderator for allowing such immature behavior.

He should then turn to rudy and point out to him that this is a PRESIDENTIAL debate and not a grade school debate and he should act like it.

ron would get huge MSM coverage if he did that. JMO!!!

I would love that. lol.

granny miller
09-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Yes it is. I just find it hard to believe that you say you support a candidate for smaller government, yet you want the government to control news media. Ron Paul got plenty of coverage because of the debates, even this morning he was on the news saying he won. So stop crying and do something useful for the campaign.

Useful :)

How about you get your head out of your ass & come help me next year

http://grannymillerblog.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-rest-stop.html

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Give me a break. Ron would not support such action. To use government force to censor speech is just wrong. Rudy just proved the big fool he is. No need to go to the FCC over it.

You do not seem to belong here. Every time I open your posts it is negative crap and sinnercastering. If ya wanna stay I will counterbalance your crap with a smackdown every time you pull it. I suspect Granny knows a hell of alot more about life than you..who seem to be a disengenuous whiner.

Randy

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Bango! Now you spewers can chill and let people complain. You all look like shills for another campaign. We got this far by not keeping our mouths shut and stayng on the attack against enemies of America and The Constitution.

Randy

max
09-06-2007, 12:52 PM

This is not a question of "free speech"..

It is a question of criminal sedition of our electoral process. The first amendment does not protect things like libel, slander, yelling fire in a crowded theater....and in my opinion it does not protect the "rights" of a media monoploly to essentially commit high treason..

there is no right to damage and subvert the USA...which is CLEARLY what the media is doing

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Who are you speaking about. The whners or Granny, who has lived long enough to not let little snits make shitty remarlks about her activism.

Randy

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Hey drooldonkey.. WTF have you done for the campaign? Now trot your money donated and such things out.. They mean nothing compared to your words to an elder woman on this board. You need a virtuall ass kicking to remind you to have some fucking manners.

:cool:
Randy

speciallyblend
09-06-2007, 12:57 PM

i'm all for my tax dollar for the moment putting fox in place keep filing,at least put what tax money to something good while it last;)

speciallyblend
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
max you need to chill and no one is crying WE ARE DEMANDING,if you dont like it you can vote for hillary,maybe you should post on hillarys page?

max
09-06-2007, 01:01 PM
max you need to chill and no one is crying WE ARE DEMANDING,if you dont like it you can vote for hillary,maybe you should post on hillarys page?

i think you are confusing my quoting of someone else for something i said....I'm all in favor of complaining to FCC

pwnsey
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Oh give me a break. You think filing a complaint against Fox News is a good thing to do? I don't care whether she is an elder member of the board or not, these actions are not going to win us approval of the masses.

I am just sick and tired of everyone making excuses for why we aren't getting enough media coverage. It's so defeatist of us to do this, instead of whining about it, get out and do something useful for the campaign. Take the time to spread the word to more people, not make useless complaints to the FCC.

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
You do not seem to belong here. Every time I open your posts it is negative crap and sinnercastering. If ya wanna stay I will counterbalance your crap with a smackdown every time you pull it. I suspect Granny knows a hell of alot more about life than you..who seem to be a disengenuous whiner.

Randy

Excuse me? First off learn to fucking spell. Second, running to the government like a little statist bitch is not something Paul would do. Third, a statist asshole like yourself has no business supporting Paul. Forth, it is spelled disingenuous. If you are going to try to insult me a spell check would not hurt you.

max
09-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Excuse me? First off learn to fucking spell. Second, running to the government like a little statist bitch is not something Paul would do. Third, a statist asshole like yourself has no business supporting Paul. Forth, it is spelled disingenuous. If you are going to try to insult me a spell check would not hurt you.

Liberty.....since is when is opposition to treason "statism"???

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Oh give me a break. You think filing a complaint against Fox News is a good thing to do? I don't care whether she is an elder member of the board or not, these actions are not going to win us approval of the masses.

I am just sick and tired of everyone making excuses for why we aren't getting enough media coverage. It's so defeatist of us to do this, instead of whining about it, get out and do something useful for the campaign. Take the time to spread the word to more people, not make useless complaints to the FCC.

Learn how to quote drooldonkey. It makes no difference to you what she does. This is why I question your input. You smell like a shill from another campaign.

Randy

LibertyOfOne
09-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Using government force to satisfy your own ends outside the realm of life, liberty, and property is statism.

Revolution9
09-06-2007, 01:10 PM

I refuse to clean the crap out of my keyboard. Kiss my royal ass for that. Yer the little statist bitch. Every post of yours I have read is statist.. Don't bug the FCC, Believe the 911 lies... pure statist don't rock the boat blitherfest of questionable intentions.. Name calling and steaming piles of vituperative effluvience coupled to an arrogance that says you should have two swinging balls ... you ain't no lady. And I ain't gonna treat a whning statist agenda-ed bitch like a lady.

Randy

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Heh. I posted on this too, so I'm certainly not excepting myself out of this, but maybe we ought to think about the NEW PEOPLE who might be watching this site after last night's stellar performance. We are a reflection of Ron Paul.

Note: All the more reason NOT to publicize this forum for a place for new folks to come to get information about Ron Paul. (ie. Liberty card) ;)

granny miller
09-06-2007, 01:19 PM

I think filing a complaint with the FCC was a very good thing to do or I would not have done it.
Same goes for calling Fox News & their sponsors.

There is a World of difference between whining & action.
I acted.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil :)

angelatc
09-06-2007, 01:38 PM
The statists would see nothing wrong with that, the freedom minded would know better.

Complaints are complaints and do not equate to coercion. Simply registering complaints via some apparatus that might record or tally them is useful in and of itself.

Example:
FCC Spokesperson: "Oh, we had thousands of calls concerning Fox News Channel's debate coverage, no regulations were broken but many people were upset."

But the people who run things are generally not the "live and let live" type. It's not hard for me to imagine the COngressional hearings, using the election rules and complaints about the same as grounds for seizing control of the cable content.

I won't be writing, because I don't want the FCC to think I need them to help me.

bbachtung
09-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Save all of your anger for the other candidates.

We are all individuals, many of us share a lot of similar beliefs with some significant differences, but we all want Ron Paul to be the Republican nominee so that he can kick Hillary's ass in November.

We're not Romneybots or Giuliani thugs, we will all do the individual outreach that we feel is appropriate. If someone wants to waste a bureaucrat's time by using up resources that the bureaucrat would be using to harass innocent broadcasters, then I say go for it. I wouldn't write to the FCC, but I support everyone doing what they want to do to support the campaign and subvert the welfare-warfare state.

Original_Intent
09-06-2007, 01:46 PM
The giggling, while unprofessional and certainly something that I think if they publicized who was doing it, it would hurt their campaign. I mean an average grownup, even a public school educated one, knows better than to behave like that. Would love to catch some film of whoever it was (I think Giuliani mostly with some Mitt thrown in).

No, what I think was out of line and I believe should be something we could take3 action on is Hannity and the other Faux newsperson who made the coments about "Ron Paul's 3% dialing over and over", in my opinion that is flat out libel, we have poured our time and money into this candidate and for them to dismiss the hard-won support as people being dishonest - to me that is something that DEMANDS an apology at minimum.

devil21
09-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah as I just said - FCC has nothing to do with cable channels. Don't waste your time.

Actually this issue has not been clarified by the FCC and is still very much a gray area. File your complaints and let the FCC take a stand one way or another, at least for future elections. I filed a complaint about TNT airing Fred Thompson's L&O reruns after his candidacy and they directed me to email campaignlaw@fcc.gov so they obviously have people to listen.