PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Schwarzenegger Vetos Real ID!

0zzy
10-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Just got this in my email.

Thank you for writing to urge a veto of SB 60. I appreciate your active participation in the democratic process, and I value your suggestions on how government can better serve the people of California.

I am pleased to inform you that I vetoed this bill after extensive consideration and thorough deliberation of arguments from both supporters and opponents of this issue. This bill does not specify how the Department of Motor Vehicles would validate the identity of individuals who do not have documented proof that their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law. I have previously stated that the ability to verify documents used to establish an identity must include a way to determine whether an individual is who he or she purports to be. My veto message for this legislation may be found on the Official California Legislative Information website: www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate hearing your opinion on legislation that affects the future of our great state. Taking the time to communicate your views and offer suggestions is essential to good citizenship and good government.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Kotin
10-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Arnold is really turning out okay in some areas..

I applaud the Governor for Terminating Real ID

werdd
10-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Governated!!!

Athan
10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Sweet! Good job Gov!

Kade
10-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Some areas?

I think he is one of the best governors any state has had in a long time. "Conservative" or not... he governs with common sense, and I like it.

Bern
10-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Here's why:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0051-0100/sb_60_vt_20080930.html

Carole
10-09-2008, 01:43 PM

(Arnold vetoes ID bill)

I would have to be concerned that his only reason to veto the bill. Apparently he wants more.

Austin
10-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Huzzah!

Alawn
10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
This is great news. But just to warn people, it appears from his response on why he vetoed it that he will probably end up signing it next time it gets to him as long as there are better proof of identity requirements when getting the ID.

brandon
10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.popstarsplus.com/images/ArnoldSchwarzeneggerPicture.jpg

OferNave
10-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Don't be fooled. Arnold is a Nazi. Do some online research, you'll see the evidence. He's working for the NWO.

As the above posters pointed out, his reason for veto was that REAL ID wasn't strong enough. He is not your savior.

sidster
10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Hasta la vista baby! ;)

CurtisLow
10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Don't be fooled. Arnold is a Nazi. Do some online research, you'll see the evidence. He's working for the NWO.

As the above posters pointed out, his reason for veto was that REAL ID wasn't strong enough. He is not your savior.

+1

HOLLYWOOD
10-09-2008, 03:29 PM

THey FINGER PRINT any person that receives a CALIFORNIA Drivers License!
Just another form of REAL ID, they get you coming or going, so the people lose anyway!

Texan4Life
10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
THey FINGER PRINT any person that receives a CALIFORNIA Drivers License!
Just another form of REAL ID, they get you coming or going, so the people lose anyway!

So does Texas.. I had to give a thumb print :(

dr. hfn
10-09-2008, 03:48 PM
huzzah! on with the R3VOLUTION

Sic Semper Tyrannis
10-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Hoorah! Hoorah! For State's Rights Hoorah!

werdd
10-09-2008, 05:05 PM

Same, always cringe when they ask me.

What ever happened to Texas being the frontier???? It's gone down the shit hole just like every other state....

Probably because we continue to elect guys like perry, cornyn, and hutchison.

Luckily my congressman, Randy Nauegebauer is showing some courage in opposing the bailout.

Guess weil all be moving to montana soon eh?

nbhadja
10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Some areas?

I think he is one of the best governors any state has had in a long time. "Conservative" or not... he governs with common sense, and I like it.

Umm no he is trash. He signed off on a budget that he knew would put the state in the hole for billions of dollars.

Willingly taking on billions of dollars in debt is awful.

devil21
10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Real ID says: I'll be back...

Zolah
10-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Surprised he bothered vetoing it, he'll sign it at some point later anyway..

Reading about fingerprints as given me an idea, or at least something to be curious about...

What can they do if you leave your fingers in some cans of pineapple rings or such...that'll eat your fingerprints off, do they just reject people from ever receiving a driving liscence if they don't have fingerprints at all?