PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin, Barr, or Write In?

KevinR
10-09-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm curious about who everyone is going to get behind since each has its pros and cons.

Andrew Ryan
10-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Barr.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Bob Barr.

The Constitution Party is disguisting. *throws up*

Austin
10-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Barr.

He wanted to alienate the Ron Paul crowd with his actions. Well guess what Bob, I'm still voting for you, even if you disgust me.

NewFederalist
10-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I don't cast write-ins if I know they will not be tallied.

acptulsa
10-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Where's the NOTA option for Oklahomans?

Barr's court case to get on the ballot (by forcing them to acknowledge the LP's tons of signatures) won't be heard until after the election. Writing a name in voids the whole ballot. No one else got on. And I have liberty candidates to vote for and a bailer-out to vote against.

So, I will leave it blank. This will be the first time I declined to fill in that slot.

Calpico
10-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Nader.

Alawn
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I think Baldwin is better but I like the LP more than the CP and only the LP is on my ballot so I am going to vote for Barr. Sorry but I don't believe in writing in.

hillbilly123069
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I would like to vote for Dr Paul, but he said to vote for Baldwin.

hillbilly123069
10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm curious about who everyone is going to get behind since each has its pros and cons.
We need to get organized fast!

intelliot
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Chuck Baldwin is a write-in candidate in California. Votes for him WILL be tallied.

Wendi
10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I haven't decided yet. I was hoping that Paul would endorse someone and avoid a lot of the splitting of our votes... I may just write "screw you" on the ballot. It would accomplish about as much as any other vote - and at least feel good for a few minutes.

mitty
10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
i'm not voting barr. if i wanted to vote for a neocon i'd vote mccain or obama. at least they are honest about it.

Kludge
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
I haven't decided yet. I was hoping that Paul would endorse someone and avoid a lot of the splitting of our votes... I may just write "screw you" on the ballot. It would accomplish about as much as any other vote - and at least feel good for a few minutes.

Paul already endorsed Baldwin (an official endorsement wouldn't have been any different)...
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2008/cbarchive_20080923_2.html
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=547

nate4ron
10-10-2008, 10:51 AM
I respect Chuck Baldwin, and I accept his message, but the Constitution Party's platform reads like a moral compass. The Libertarian Party makes no attempt to throw religion or morals into its platform.

Take the best of Barr and the best of Baldwin and you get Ron Paul.

I have to vote for Barr, sorry. I don't like Baldwin's theocratical tendencies.

Bossobass
10-10-2008, 03:50 PM
To repeat myself:

1. RP endorsed Baldwin.
2. Baldwin announced he'll appoint RP as Secretary of the Treasury.
3. Congress has just given the Secretary of the Treasury immense power over the economy.

It's a no-brainer.

It's the economy, stupid. Every other issue is irrelevant with a failed economy.

Bosso

heavenlyboy34
10-10-2008, 04:08 PM
To repeat myself:

1. RP endorsed Baldwin.
2. Baldwin announced he'll appoint RP as Secretary of the Treasury.
3. Congress has just given the Secretary of the Treasury immense power over the economy.

It's a no-brainer.

It's the economy, stupid. Every other issue is irrelevant with a failed economy.

Bosso

Has RP said that he would accept the Treasury secretary nomination?

heavenlyboy34
10-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I respect Chuck Baldwin, and I accept his message, but the Constitution Party's platform reads like a moral compass. The Libertarian Party makes no attempt to throw religion or morals into its platform.

Take the best of Barr and the best of Baldwin and you get Ron Paul.

I have to vote for Barr, sorry. I don't like Baldwin's theocratical tendencies.

Libertarians believe in a sort of moral compass-basically based on principles of recognizing individual liberty and soverignty, but a non-religious one.

ItsTime
10-10-2008, 04:18 PM
yes... vote....

Brassmouth
10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Paul already endorsed Baldwin (an official endorsement wouldn't have been any different)...
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2008/cbarchive_20080923_2.html
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=547

He didn't endorse him, get over yourself.

I'll be voting for Bob Barr, a real politician who has real ideas about helping this country.

Baldwin is a worthless preacher who has hijacked his movement and wants to use the US government to enforce his belief in an invisible man.

I'll also not be literally wasting my vote by writing anyone in.

LibertiORDeth
10-10-2008, 08:08 PM
It's entitled "Baldwin, Barr, or Write In," yet the options are "Baldwin, Barr, and Paul." As the Good Doctor has dropped out and made it clear he is not running under any other party (or lack of it) I don't see why the option shouldn't be "Craig Thompson" under write in, as he is the only viable write-in candidate.

Kludge
10-10-2008, 08:10 PM
He didn't endorse him, get over yourself.

I'll be voting for Bob Barr, a real politician who has real ideas about helping this country.

Baldwin is a worthless preacher who has hijacked his movement and wants to use the US government to enforce his belief in an invisible man.

I'll also not be literally wasting my vote by writing anyone in.

I don't see how claiming that you will vote for someone is any different, in principle, from officially endorsing him except that the GOP won't be seeking blood.

I happen to still support Barr, BTW, though I was really only pushed back because a few of the batshit crazies from the Baldwin campaign scared me out of wanting association (ya' dig?).

TurtleBurger
10-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Dr. Paul said Vote Baldwin, I'm voting Baldwin. I wouldn't be upset if Barr somehow won the election though.

abruzz0
10-13-2008, 02:07 AM
I got my absentee ballot last week, and Alan friggen Keyes was on there, but not Chuck Baldwin. I live in Cali, by the way. I want to write-in Ron Paul, but I'm not sure if he's eligible. I believe Baldwin is, though. The only positives for me during this election is that two RP candidates are running for office; one for Congress, and the other for State Assembly, so I can gleefully fill in the bubbles for those guys. They were actually the two leaders of our meetup group. My vote for president will be based on whether or not I can write-in Paul or not. If not, then I'm going with Baldwin. I don't like Barr. I sense something bad about him. The other candidates fail, too.

kombayn
10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I got my absentee ballot last week, and Alan friggen Keyes was on there, but not Chuck Baldwin. I live in Cali, by the way. I want to write-in Ron Paul, but I'm not sure if he's eligible. I believe Baldwin is, though. The only positives for me during this election is that two RP candidates are running for office; one for Congress, and the other for State Assembly, so I can gleefully fill in the bubbles for those guys. They were actually the two leaders of our meetup group. My vote for president will be based on whether or not I can write-in Paul or not. If not, then I'm going with Baldwin. I don't like Barr. I sense something bad about him. The other candidates fail, too.

I actually got my ballot the other day too (California resident as well). I personally voted for Ralph Nader, I couldn't bring myself to vote for Bob Barr after the way he handled his campaign (and lets face it, Ralph campaigned way better then Barr did and smashed him in fund-raising.). I couldn't write-in Chuck Baldwin because I don't agree with the CP's theocratic platform.

If you're personally looking to a liberty-based party and help get their platform votes, Vote Barr/Root since you'll be voting for the Libertarian Party. If you're looking for an honest politician, who doesn't compromise his positions, just like Ron Paul does, then go with Ralph Nader (Now he doesn't agree with everything Ron Paul says but he did sign the 4-point plan that Cynthia McKinney & Chuck Baldwin along with Ron Paul signed off on. Found Here: http://www.votenader.org/weagree/).

Hopefully this helped and good luck. I must say when I was voting I did have a hard time choosing between Barr & Nader, but end the end I voted for a candidate who believes in his principals like Ron Paul.

libertarian4321
10-15-2008, 03:53 AM
The Constitution Party turns me off because of its theocratic platform.

I find Bob Barr personally offensive (he lost my vote when he pulled his "no show" stunt at RP's presser), despite being a long time Libertarian.

Writing in Ron Paul is pretty pointless, but it may be the best option of the 3.

I feel your pain, though. This is the first election in my lifetime where I don't feel there is a single viable option. Even when the Republican Party ran awful candidates (e.g. George W. Bush), I could always vote Libertarian in the past.

Now, thanks to Bob Barr, I can't even do that.

This sucks!

Scotso
10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
With the news that Bob Barr's ego will be keeping him from participating in the upcoming debate, I've finally just lost the ability to support him anymore.

I'm not casting a vote for president.