PDA

View Full Version : A Thoroughly English Revolutionary

silverhawks
10-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Hello all,

I've known about Dr Paul for a long time, and have just got around to signing up here. I was born in south-east England, visiting America for the first time in 2000, moved out here shortly afterwards, and a short time after that got married.

I can't bring myself to surrender my UK citizenship - I think that any true patriot of their country can understand the reasons why - but I did things legally, and went through the immigration process, spending four years and $10,000 to get my green card; the main reason why I oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants. I've seen the process, and while its often arduous, it is necessary.

Along the way I learned as much as I could about America from the perspective of someone who lived, worked and paid taxes here. My admiration for the ideal that founded America has grown, through many long conversations with my late father-in-law, my wife, my friends and studying US history, law and economics. This led me naturally to learn about Dr Paul.

I wish that there were more politicians...let me rephrase...statesmen like Ron Paul the whole world over. My wife and the majority of our friends think he is the best thing to ever happen to American politics; I know we will be keeping our Ron Paul for President sign on our lawn right up until Nov 4th has passed.

All of his policies are grounded in common sense, history and the values of what created a democratic free nation. It's sometimes chilling to see just how far we've fallen away from ideals in the 21st century, but I can see in grassroots groups like the Campaign for Liberty a true revival of patriotism, and a call to a revolution in thinking and civic awareness.

Is there ANY chance we can get this fine public servant to come back to the campaign trail? The USA and the world has never needed him as much as it does now, in this time of economic "crisis"; the mainstream candidates are stumbling around in the dark, offering no solutions or leadership.

I know that he has endorsed Baldwin, but I think at this late stage, I don't think a candidate with low media exposure will stand a chance against the establishment-endorsed pair.

Or did those utterly ludicrous "racist" allegations spread around the mainstream media not get shot down in flames like they deserve? Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that it was a cheap smear tactic, backed up by both the Democrats and the Republicans in order to prevent someone with true patriotic intentions from becoming President. Once a patriot regains the White House and starts to act in the interest of the people, all of their ill-gotten power and influence would be lost in a single stroke.

Worse, I can see fragments of Dr Paul's message now spread thin between Obama, McCain and Palin, but they don't have the character, integrity or experience to carry it.

I also see the same disdain evidenced by government on the other side of the Atlantic; more than one government it seems has stopped respecting their people, and have abandoned their posts as civil servants; the employees have forgotten who hires them and pays their wages.

It's about time someone reminds them.

Anyway, I look forward to many interesting discussions, and I hope I can contribute in some small way to helping the cause.

--
"By revolution we become more ourselves, not less." (George Orwell)

revolutionman
10-09-2008, 04:30 AM
wow it takes a white, English speaking immigrant four years and $10,000 to gain legal US citizenship.

No wonder the Mexicans don't do it legally. Theres no reason it shouldn't take 4 weeks and $35. Bureaucratic abuse of power is Americas infrastructural AIDS virus. they make it as hard as possible to obey the law and then they bring the gavel down on you with no mercy if you fail to sit, lay, and roll over on command.

Sorry about the rant. Welcome to the revolution. There are lots of Britons interested in paleo conservatism and libertarianism. Apparently you guys have an even bigger government dildo sodomizing your freedom hole. Its really takin off all over the world. Its a beautiful thing.
Cheers!

kaleidoscope eyes
10-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Hello silverhawks, well spoken sir, well spoken! Welcome aboard! :)

silverhawks
10-09-2008, 06:05 AM
wow it takes a white, English speaking immigrant four years and $10,000 to gain legal US citizenship.

Actually, that was just residency; that cost includes all the government paperwork and immigration attorney's fees. This included re-filing fees, after the INS would lose paperwork, or send forms to the wrong house. I was told by my attorney that he'd commonly seen the INS turn people's papers back to them for misspelling a word or leaving out a date, charging them $1000 per time for submissions.

He described the INS immigration system as a maze of red tape and patch laws that arose to try to fix issues over time; instead of actually writing good laws that persist, the govt. would "revise" the existing ones constantly.

Immigration attorneys earn their money by knowing how to negotiate loopholes in these laws to incur the least cost for their client; my attorney was reputable and knew what he was doing, if I had likely gone into it by myself or gotten one of the many unscrupulous operators, chances are the costs would have been higher.

No wonder the Mexicans don't do it legally. Theres no reason it shouldn't take 4 weeks and $35. Bureaucratic abuse of power is Americas infrastructural AIDS virus. they make it as hard as possible to obey the law and then they bring the gavel down on you with no mercy if you fail to sit, lay, and roll over on command.

Indeed. A British friend of mine got married to his girlfriend from northern California, and got her a visa in 9 hours.

Sorry about the rant. Welcome to the revolution. There are lots of Britons interested in paleo conservatism and libertarianism. Apparently you guys have an even bigger government dildo sodomizing your freedom hole. Its really takin off all over the world. Its a beautiful thing.Cheers!

Neo-cons...New Labour...same difference. One has become totalitarian to the point of fascism, the other is bordering on Marxism and eroding away national identity through writing pointless laws and criminalising the public. Both are corrupt, lining their pockets off of the public, and have ceased to listen to the voice of the people. Gordon Brown is an unelected official that refuses to leave office; no-one voted him in except his party, but he is denying Britain a referendum on our involvement with the EU while gleefully signing away our sovereignty.

New Labour is also acting in an utterly reprehensible way towards the British military; this hits home particularly hard with me since my grandfather and both uncles were servicemen. This is not being missed by the British Army or the Royal Navy either (the Navy has just had half its fleet mothballed, becoming one of the smallest fleets in the world). During the 10 years they've been in power, New Labour has privatised and sold off half of our Ministry of Defense (DoD equivalent) and has just negotiated a deal to sell British Energy to the French while at the same time ignoring calls over the last decade to re-fit our baseline power stations, making us energy-dependent on Europe.

They have been the steward for social decay on a massive level; especially in the adoption of the Schengen Acquis, the EU agreement to have open borders. For our small island to suddenly be open to near-uncontrolled immigration from the European mainland is madness, and an immediate threat to our sovereignty and national security.

I'm fairly sure that if my granddad was alive, he'd have already been 'brassing up' Westminster, or at very least, reporting every single complicit member of Parliament for treason and sedition.

silverhawks
10-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Speaking of which, I keep track of changes to laws and civil liberties in Britain, as well as parallels to the issues we see in the USA; would anyone be interested if I started posting these up?

While its all too easy to descend into conspiracy theory (and thereby wreck your credibility) I tend to research and evaluate stories on a case-by-case basis.

For example:

Brown wants new global financial order

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/26/news/UN-UN-General-Assembly-Brown-Economy.php

This set my alarm bells ringing.

Likewise with this, back in 1999:

Brown to sell half UK gold reserves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1999/05/08/ngol08.html

415 tonnes of gold bullion converted into dollars, yen and euros. Now considering that the British pound is a fiat currency, what I'm seeing there is moving vast amounts of gold around inside the global market into the hands of more than likely, central bankers, taking away a future reserve from Britain when the pound collapses during this crisis and we need to fall back on sound money.

I'm still surprised that Brown wasn't tried for sedition, this was such a blatant move to boost the Euro when it hit the currency markets, and I'm waiting for the day very soon that he tries to drop the pound and instead ushers in the Euro to "insulate" the British people from this crisis.

Bill M DC
10-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks Silverhawks and welcome to the forums.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
10-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Speaking of which, I keep track of changes to laws and civil liberties in Britain, as well as parallels to the issues we see in the USA; would anyone be interested if I started posting these up?

While its all too easy to descend into conspiracy theory (and thereby wreck your credibility) I tend to research and evaluate stories on a case-by-case basis.

For example:

Brown wants new global financial order

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/26/news/UN-UN-General-Assembly-Brown-Economy.php

This set my alarm bells ringing.

Likewise with this, back in 1999:

Brown to sell half UK gold reserves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1999/05/08/ngol08.html

415 tonnes of gold bullion converted into dollars, yen and euros. Now considering that the British pound is a fiat currency, what I'm seeing there is moving vast amounts of gold around inside the global market into the hands of more than likely, central bankers, taking away a future reserve from Britain when the pound collapses during this crisis and we need to fall back on sound money.

I'm still surprised that Brown wasn't tried for sedition, this was such a blatant move to boost the Euro when it hit the currency markets, and I'm waiting for the day very soon that he tries to drop the pound and instead ushers in the Euro to "insulate" the British people from this crisis.

yeah man, I say keep up the British information as well. We need all we can get.
(or at least I do. I know nothing about British Politics)

silverhawks
10-09-2008, 10:20 PM
yeah man, I say keep up the British information as well. We need all we can get.
(or at least I do. I know nothing about British Politics)

You're not alone, I don't think a lot of people in Britain understand it any more, or at least understand how it is MEANT to work. We have a fantastic system of representative democracy gathering dust under mountainous layers of red tape biased in the favour of opportunistic bureaucrats.

For me, the most disturbing part of watching what is going on in Britain is the MASSIVE erosion of civil liberties and national identity during the last 10 years under the Blair/Brown government.

When there are 32 CCTV cameras just in the area of George Orwell's home (http://www.boingboing.net/2007/04/01/orwells-london-neigh.html), something is wrong.

When the Government is insisting through their Dept. of Education that Churchill, Hitler, Stalin, Gandhi, Martin Luther King be removed from the curriculum (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-467889/Schools-told-dump-Churchill-Hitler-history-lessons.html) so that a "modernised" view of history can be taught to children, something is wrong.

When the police are confiscating canes as "offensive weapons" from 78-year old teachers (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1064338/Police-confiscate-walking-stick-retired-teacher-78-offensive-weapon.html) walking down the street, something is wrong.

This barely scratches the surface of it.

Pericles
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome - glad to see a fine person such as yourself on the site.

I must agree with your assessment of the UK and the tragedy freedom has suffered there.

It is a disgrace what has been done to the Royal Navy and British Army. So many fine regiments with distinguished histories have been amalgamated out of existence.

As I remarked one day to one of my British friends, Its not for me to say how other should run their country, but being from Texas, I know a failed immigration policy when I see one.