PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff should run for office

AggieforPaul
10-08-2008, 05:33 PM
What do you guys think? He has money, exposure, a great education, and experience running a business.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 05:44 PM
agreed. congress.

werdd
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
hes on real time right now http://europac.net/radioshow.asp

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 05:55 PM
maybe if this thread is like 2000 posts long he'll decide to.

MGreen
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I think Peter's the kind of guy that likes to be productive with his life.

Shotdown1027
10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I agree,he should run for Congress. He lives in Darien, Conneticut. Thats the 4th District. Luckily for us, the ONLY Republican district in New England--held by Christopher Shays.

RSLudlum
10-08-2008, 06:07 PM
It really sucks that his father is in prison for protesting income taxes!! :( It would be nice if Irwin Schiff, among many others, could get a pardon! ;)

TruthAtLast
10-08-2008, 06:09 PM
What do you guys think? He has money, exposure, a great education, and experience running a business.

I definitely think there are several people that should run for office that haven't yet. I listen to Peter on the radio and he is passionate and knowledgeable but I saw him on CNN the other day and he got bullied by Stephen Leeb that was praising the bailout and saying that free markets had failed.

Peter couldn't get a word in and he seemed to not even have his thoughts together. Maybe it was just a bad day.

He needs to run for Congress but also needs to brush up on his debating skills.

nate895
10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Corrupt Senator Dodd's term is coming up in 2010 midterms, it might be possible to win there, I highly doubt it though.

Shotdown1027
10-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Running for Senate in Conneticut would be mostly pointless. Its highly liberal. But he could probably wrestle away the 4th District Congressional seat from Republican Chris Shays--and he sohuld.If anyone lives in Conneticut,they should start calling and emailing him about this.

Thrashertm
10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
He's got my vote. I understand that he's a billionaire, so he could probably self-fund his campaign. Still, his brand of plain talk would not go over well in Congress. Look at how much impact Ron Paul has had...

Kevin_Kennedy
10-08-2008, 06:23 PM
It couldn't be a bad thing to have another person who knows economics in Congress.

voytechs
10-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I'd love to see it happen, but a fat chance it will.

TruthAtLast
10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
He's got my vote. I understand that he's a billionaire, so he could probably self-fund his campaign. Still, his brand of plain talk would not go over well in Congress. Look at how much impact Ron Paul has had...

yes but that's the point. if we can keep getting people like Ron Paul and Peter Schiff elected they can speak some sense into people. Even if they don't have a majority, it doesn't take much to have enough influence for other Republicans to fall in line and once the shit REALLY hits the fan, we need people like Peter and Ron in office to represent the people.

Plus, he is a fairly young guy (along with several other RP candidates) and if there is every a hope of getting another Ron Paul to make a run at the white house over the next generation, they will need to start getting experience and building relationships with other like-minded people.

I'm tired of having the best and brightest Americans go into the private sector (though I can't entirely blame them) while we mostly get crooked, status quo, idiots in Congress that don't give a damn about the Constitution or the People. We need people with some balls like Ron and Peter and a few others that have spoken out recently. In watching the House debates, there were several Congressmen that I was impressed with.

Highland
10-08-2008, 06:37 PM
I talked to him a few times on the phone during the campaign for Doctor Paul...real down to earth guy...loves his son a lot....I think he would be an awesome pick....Good Idea Poster!

MRoCkEd
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Billionaire? lol
Millionaire you mean

But yeah, I live in CT and would volunteer for him if he ran!

eric_cartman
10-08-2008, 07:40 PM
people have asked him this before. he has said that he is too busy running his business to run for political office. he also said that i wouldn't really make any difference if he was there. he would vote the same way as ron paul, and say the same things as ron paul. so the votes would just be everyone to 2, instead of ron paul being the only "no" vote.

however, i think if the grassroots campaign got behind peter schiff, i think we could convince him to run for president. i don't think he could be bothered running for a lesser office... but if we showed him support, he could be convinced to run for president in 2012. also, he'll be very rich by then, he would be able to fund a lot of his own campaign.

NerveShocker
10-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I think Peter's the kind of guy that likes to be productive with his life.

Rofl. Good point but even if it's impossible to win ya can't say what Ron Paul did wasn't productive. Somebody's gotta be the spark that lights the fire.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-08-2008, 07:53 PM
He's not the political type.

parke
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I highly doubt he would enjoy the pay cut... not to mention he runs a big business.

Id like to run for Congress. Id campaign on taking a shot gun and some big rednecks to go clean house.

torchbearer
10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I highly doubt he would enjoy the pay cut... not to mention he runs a big business.

Id like to run for Congress. Id campaign on taking a shot gun and some big rednecks to go clean house.

I think you can win on that platform.
Not sure if the federal police force would allow you to remain a free man for very long.

nate895
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Living in Mississippi, you should win in a landslide.

AJ Antimony
10-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Haha he'd kick ass, but I think right now he's better off with his business and appearing VERY frequently on TV shows to talk economics. Maybe if we ever get to the point where there are 217 Ron Paul's in the House vs. 218 other guys, then yeah he should run, but until then he's doing much more with his current job than he would making the votes 433-2.

Unspun
10-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I tend to disagree. I say he's doing more good in private industry earning people money and waking people up. Get him involved in a campaign and he has less time to do that.

misericordia
10-08-2008, 09:50 PM
i LOVE THAT GUY.

Ex Post Facto
10-08-2008, 11:48 PM
He would be a shoe-in for Congress or the Senate.