PDA

View Full Version : TN Congressional/Senate race info thread. discuss who we vote for

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Here is my opinion on the Congressional and Senate races that apply to me, which is Nashville, TN or CD5.

I have been on the fence about it, but here is where I think I sit.

My only choice for Liberty in the Senate seat is Daniel Lewis, the Libertarian. The Democrat opponent to our bailout voter does not give me any encouragement, he is a big money fatcat type to the extreme.

On the more controversial front, I think I will be supporting Gerard Donovan, the Republican, against Jim Cooper. Cooper voted for the Patriot Act, the Bailout, etc, and has to go. Gerard Donovan has a ron paul supporter working as campaign manager, and has come down on his issues page against the WTO and NAFTA.

http://www.donovanforcongress.com/economy.htm

This to me, along with the fact that he does not even mention any sort of war on his website, is a sign that he is an acceptable lesser evil here.

of course I'd rather a pure bred libertarian with opposition to the drug war on his site, but that guy is not running in CD5, and right now with anti incumbent sentiments, i think that this guy's legitimate chance and opposition to managed trade agreements that cause so much poverty earns my vote.

everyone else in TN please discuss who you are voting for in other districts, and in Nashville, etc. and if you are from a different place, make your own state thread so we can get this momentum rolling!

freelance
10-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Works for me, another TN CD5. Anyone but an incumbent. I've had it with Lamar--I can't remember a time that he ever voted against the administration. He has MUTATED.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
lamar himself said that if you stay in Washington too long, its impossible to make the right votes.

this was what he said at the beginning of his career.

lets let him know that we agree and vote for Daniel Lewis.

as far as the Republican congressional candidate, Gerard Donovan, I'm impressed by the crowd hes running with.

freelance
10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Barry, I'm so disgusted right now that I'd vote for Donald Duck, if he ran against the incumbent(s).

Matt Collins
10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah. It's ashame that none of these guys have a chance in hell of winning, but at least I'll feel good about myself for voting against the incumbents. I too will vote for Daniel Lewis and Gerard Donovan.