PDA

View Full Version : guys, if we want to save our country, get serious about congress!!!!

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:14 AM
the news isn't even discussing congressional races. it is totally under the radar. why do we not have 15 threads discussing congressional/senate options!!!

acptulsa
10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
And do it now while such a large number are so very vulnerable due to their bailout votes!

Their current opposition may not be worth much, but:

1. Riding a wave of opposition into office could encourage them to actually represent us.

2. If not, at least they won't be seven term incumbents with seven years' fat in their war chests.

Make the revolution happen!

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:22 AM
it makes a big difference. the fact that our cd5 republican came to the C4L meetings to win us over and opposes nafta and the WTO on his website has really opened my eyes.

he was def not a ron paul supporter, he just kindof listens lately ;)

nate895
10-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I just about ready to pull up an old thread about Senate seats in 2010. I'll do that now.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
your the man.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
if you have not made a smart choice about your congressional and senate seats yet, you are not a ron paul supporter!

your seat, is your fault.

tomveil
10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Glad to see all the money for BJ yesterday, but remember that here in WA 3rd we have Michael Delavar running against Baird! www.delavarforcongress.com

fr33domfightr
10-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree we need to focus on the Congress too. As it stands right now, Congressional Districts probably have a designed in majority for one party or the other (the evil 2). That's why, if we really want to do this right, we need to focus on gerrymandering as well.

Look it up on Wikipedia and they'll show you some good examples.

FF

billjarrett
10-08-2008, 02:04 PM
In my district I have three choices:

A democrat who voted for the bailout.

A republican who wishes he could have voted for the bailout.

A green party write-in candidate who hasn't even bothered campaigning as far as I can see.

Cut off date for new write in candidates was September..

tekkierich
10-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Please see my site www.richardmatthews.org

I am running ads on local radio slamming my opponent on the bailout. You can view them on my site via youtube videos.

I have changed my yard signs running another 500, adding "No Bailouts" prominently.
I need cash to expand this radio campaign to more stations and continue it until November 4th. Please help out with some generous contributions to allow me to keep this up.

ItsTime
10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
we are focused in on local elections right now and will win a lot of local seats.

I have a R congressman who voted for the bailout and all polls show that he will be voted out by a large margin.

fr33domfightr
10-08-2008, 02:41 PM
we are focused in on local elections right now and will win a lot of local seats.

I have a R congressman who voted for the bailout and all polls show that he will be voted out by a large margin.

Voted out and replaced with who? The D congressman who would have voted for the Bailout should he or she been in the office?

How are you pointing people to a good candidate, if you have any?

FF

acptulsa
10-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Voted out and replaced with who? The D congressman who would have voted for the Bailout should he or she been in the office?

How are you pointing people to a good candidate, if you have any?

Whether we have good candidates or not, if all the bailers out get thrown out it will send a very, very clear and concise message to the freshman class in Congress. A message we should have sent years ago.

jbuttell
10-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Whether we have good candidates or not, if all the bailers out get thrown out it will send a very, very clear and concise message to the freshman class in Congress. A message we should have sent years ago.

I wish I had another option in here. My congressman is the only one on the ballot, and he voted for the bailout both times. :X

freelance
10-08-2008, 05:45 PM

Agree totally. The message is that we will not tolerate our PUBLIC SERVANTS going against the will of the people.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I wish I had another option in here. My congressman is the only one on the ballot, and he voted for the bailout both times. :X

contact your election commission, file for an exploratory committee treasury, figure out what ballot access requires, and reply back to this thread.

you won't be able to run this time, but youll be set up for next time.

"your seat, your fault"

TruthAtLast
10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
it makes a big difference. the fact that our cd5 republican came to the C4L meetings to win us over and opposes nafta and the WTO on his website has really opened my eyes.

he was def not a ron paul supporter, he just kindof listens lately ;)

Good point. There are a lot of "closet" Ron Paul supporters that didn't back him when it wasn't politically advantageous to but now that Ron Paul looks like Nostradamus, they are taking a second look. "Maybe this guy is on to something".

I have found several good men in Congress that just aren't informed and aren't as knowledgeable about economic theories or the markets. They just don't know but they are learning fast and are being converted. Praise our Congressmen (even if they aren't in your district or state) when they make a vote that we agree with. Often times they only hear the negative. Tell them WHY you agree with it. I have contacted several Congressmen and found that they really appreciate a citizen that is actually informed. They can have an intelligent dialogue rather than the thousands of people emailing "don't bail out fat cats". That is just an emotional response.