PDA

View Full Version : As Much as I Detest John McCain...

BuddyRey
09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
I will grant him two sizable helpings of kudos.

1. If he harped on spending years in a POW camp HALF as much as Rudy Giuliani harped on his "being there on 9/11", he'd have every right to. Yet he doesn't exploit it.
2. Besides Ron Paul, McCain's probably the only guy up there who will say straight-up that he opposes torture.

Again, I detest McCain, but I just thought I'd take a brief respite from verbally vomitting on him as much as I usually do, right along with the other "frontrunners."

Arkris
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I used to be a big fan of McCain since the 2001 election and up untill the war in Iraq lamented the fact that he wasn't president. It's a real shame that he somehow turned into a stooge for the President Bush and the CFR. I guess the Republican Party got sick of his Rogue Republican stance and gave him a talking to.

PAforRP
09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
I will grant him two sizable helpings of kudos.

1. If he harped on spending years in a POW camp HALF as much as Rudy Giuliani harped on his "being there on 9/11", he'd have every right to. Yet he doesn't exploit it.
2. Besides Ron Paul, McCain's probably the only guy up there who will say straight-up that he opposes torture.

Again, I detest McCain, but I just thought I'd take a brief respite from verbally vomitting on him as much as I usually do, right along with the other "frontrunners." 9/11 is much fresher in Giulianis memory than the POW camp would be in McCains. I will always be grateful for how Rudy handled the aftermath of 9/11. He was the right man at the right time, and not for political reasons. He seemed to be operating on pilot. He will go down in history as a hero.

That said, as much as I admire his leadership qualities after 9/11, I detest his personal life history, and thought his snickering and laughing during the debates was outrageous!!

Bryan
09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I agree with you on these two points. Actually, I think point #2 creates a plus for Dr. Paul, else we might hear a debate question like: "Dr. Paul, you're the only one on the stage who is against torture, are you running for the nomination of the wrong party?"

ctb619
09-06-2007, 06:03 PM
9/11 is much fresher in Giulianis memory than the POW camp would be in McCains. I will always be grateful for how Rudy handled the aftermath of 9/11. He was the right man at the right time, and not for political reasons. He seemed to be operating on pilot. He will go down in history as a hero.

That said, as much as I admire his leadership qualities after 9/11, I detest his personal life history, and thought his snickering and laughing during the debates was outrageous!!

you're kidding right? which leadership qualities after 9/11 are you referring to?

Spirit of '76
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
9/11 is much fresher in Giulianis memory than the POW camp would be in McCains. I will always be grateful for how Rudy handled the aftermath of 9/11. He was the right man at the right time, and not for political reasons. He seemed to be operating on pilot. He will go down in history as a hero.

The firefighters of NYC don't have such nice things to say about Rudy's handling of 9/11. :(

Kregener
09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
McCain is a putz.

Harpakhrad11
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I really don't know why McCain is even still running. He is not going to win.

noxagol
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I really don't know why McCain is even still running. He is not going to win.

SHH. He helps us by splitting the vote.