PDA

View Full Version : King George and American Government 2008

cska80
10-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Let's figure out how many differences there are between the time before the American Revolution and our current day American government. How many are there, really?

PatriotLegion
10-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Let's figure out how many differences there are between the time before the American Revolution and our current day American government. How many are there, really?

The differences are that back in the 1700's the founding fathers believed in this country and so did the colonialist's that lived in the colonies.

Today people don't care if there lives aren't effected. Millions of factory/technology jobs lost to cheap oversea labor, everyday our border is invaded by foreign nationals and little to nothing is done to stop it, American engineers being told that there not competitive in the American job markets so they import "workers" to cover these jobs, and I can continue this rant pile but I'm sure everyone knows of the pulse of our nation today. The apathy of American's will be the demise of our Republic and the end of our freedoms we fought the world's superpower once in the 1700's and again in the 1800's.

Not sure if I stayed on topic but that is my 2 cents.

cska80
10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
The differences are that back in the 1700's the founding fathers believed in this country and so did the colonialist's that lived in the colonies.

Today people don't care if there lives aren't effected. Millions of factory/technology jobs lost to cheap oversea labor, everyday our border is invaded by foreign nationals and little to nothing is done to stop it, American engineers being told that there not competitive in the American job markets so they import "workers" to cover these jobs, and I can continue this rant pile but I'm sure everyone knows of the pulse of our nation today. The apathy of American's will be the demise of our Republic and the end of our freedoms we fought the world's superpower once in the 1700's and again in the 1800's.

Not sure if I stayed on topic but that is my 2 cents.

I think this part of RP's speech at the JBS's anniversary this week outlines the apathy or ignorance today to a T.

"...the message (of freedom and liberty) is key. Not only because it's right, but we have now lived for so long with the decline of freedom that we have been tolerant of that because we have been so wealthy. We have learned to be, and conditioned to be, a materialistic society. We were more concerned about the redistribution of wealth, and we have been so wealthy, that it didn't matter. People didn't think about where the wealth came from. But, all of a sudden now, people are realizing that we're getting near the end...that we aren't as wealthy as we once thought. We are now dependant on borrowing money, inflating the currency, and things are coming to an end. And I said this on the house floor, this very week, they're very concerned about a liquidity crisis and all we have to do is print more money...and it's going to solve a liquidity crisis? That is so far removed from reality. What is happening is that this is a sign that the country is now bankrupt and people are recognizing it. And now, what we have to do is restore confidence in the system, restore confidene in freedom so we can go back to work again!"

ihsv
10-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I think one difference between today and then is that the standing armies of Briton and the colonists were similarly armed.