PDA

View Full Version : Yeats

BillyDkid
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I think I posted something like this before and it may be lame - I have always liked that Yeats poem The Second Coming. There's the line that says "The best lack all conviction while the worst are filled with passionate intensity." I think that age is over. I think we are entering an age when the best are the ones filled with passionate intensity. We were just waiting all along for a person to give us a voice. I think it is interesting that our "savior" so to speak, is not a savior at all, but a seemingly ordinary man with absolute integrity - a man who personifies humility and decency and a devotion to the truth. As fond as I have always been of RP, this is not a cult of personality. Ron Paul is not bigger than life, but his message has the power to motivate and inspire what is best in us. I really do feel proud to be associated with this movement and with people like you guys and with Ron Paul. The truth will set us free. Sorry to get all inspired sounding. I have to add, I'm 53 and, frankly, a lot of the time I feel worn out, but then I see Ron Paul nearly 20 years older who is bold and tireless and unbent. I would love to be such a man.

disciple
09-06-2007, 09:18 AM
So true.