PDA

View Full Version : A few debate comments and the hell we're in for

cska80
10-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Obama

1. Apparently the average small business in America doesn't make more than $200,000...that's new to me.

2. Does anyone remember a past debate between Obama and Clinton? Obama was asked if tax cuts result in increased revenue to the federal government. He said "...it's not about revenue. It's about fairness." Last night, Obama commented that McCain never talks about revenue when talking about tax cuts. Got consistency?

3. Healthcare is a right. No explaination necessary.

McCain

1. Mr. Conservative believes the government can control housing prices.

2. Mr. Conservative wants to keep those who made idiotic financial decisions in their homes at our expense.

3. Boring old man...................................and angry, too.

moostraks
10-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Curious why does no one questions the "need" for education when healthcare is a priviledge? I sure would love to put some feet to the fire on our wastes in the education department. At least democrats go on the policy of government control of all sectors. Most republicans are so...arbitrary.

acptulsa
10-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Curious why does no one questions the "need" for education when healthcare is a priviledge? I sure would love to put some feet to the fire on our wastes in the education department. At least democrats go on the policy of government control of all sectors. Most republicans are so...arbitrary.

"Arbitrary"? Is that how you describe Dubya running as "the education president" for his first term, despite the fact that Texas' education system sucked under his watch, and he then all but destroyed numerous systems with "no child left behind without penalizing and dragging down his whole school in the process"?

eredeath
10-08-2008, 08:25 AM
char

D.H.
10-08-2008, 08:36 AM

I was disgusted by the debate too. I can see where we are headed. Neither seemed to have answers about the economy. This one (healthcare) I can comment on because a third party will need to address this too.

Health care is already treated like a "right" in this country. As we all know, anyone can walk into an emergency room and they WILL get treated. Problem is, if they don't have insurance everyone else pays. Also, when people don't have insurance, they tend to use the ER like it is a clinic.

Curious what others thoughts are on this. I have to leave but will come back and read tonight.

jkr
10-08-2008, 08:37 AM
my line was "liar!"

angelatc
10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Obama

1. Apparently the average small business in America doesn't make more than $200,000...that's new to me.

I think he meant net, not gross. And it depends on the definition of small business.

speciallyblend
10-08-2008, 08:53 AM

I was disgusted by the debate too. I can see where we are headed. Neither seemed to have answers about the economy. This one (healthcare) I can comment on because a third party will need to address this too.

Health care is already treated like a "right" in this country. As we all know, anyone can walk into an emergency room and they WILL get treated. Problem is, if they don't have insurance everyone else pays. Also, when people don't have insurance, they tend to use the ER like it is a clinic.

Curious what others thoughts are on this. I have to leave but will come back and read tonight.

well the idea that everyone gets care is BS.
My wife is proof, she got her back broken in 3 places from a wreck caused by another person back in nov last yr , the person that caused accident has more protection then my wife does. We have insurance but they will not cover since it is the persons fault, we have lawyers etc etc 8 months later my wife is the same she was from day one, she has not been taken care of by any hosiptal and we have to wait for a settlement to get treatment. they treat dogs at the spca better then my wife.

We are screwed while the person that caused the accident is enjoying life ,while my wife walks around crippled,since doctors will not see her until we have money for them. we are not asking for special favors, but like i said screw the victims ,protect the persons that causes the accident not the victim. what is the answer? well if i had my way there wouldnt be a local hospital . IT IS ALL BS

maybe we would of gotten help if we were illegals??

i hear what your saying,but i wanted you to know it is not all black and white.....

mconder
10-08-2008, 08:57 AM

He is including Amway distributors.

cska80
10-08-2008, 08:59 AM
He is including Amway distributors.

I have two jobs and neither of them I'm 99.9% sure do NOT make less than $200,000 a year and both would be considered small business types.

s35wf
10-08-2008, 09:29 AM
net probably not; gross probably yes.

most small bs owners probably net between 40-100k a year.

angelatc
10-08-2008, 10:05 AM
My wife is proof, she got her back broken in 3 places from a wreck caused by another person back in nov last yr , the person that caused accident has more protection then my wife does. We have insurance but they will not cover since it is the persons fault, we have lawyers etc etc 8 months later my wife is the same she was from day one, she has not been taken care of by any hosiptal and we have to wait for a settlement to get treatment. they treat dogs at the spca better then my wife.

We are screwed while the person that caused the accident is enjoying life ,while my wife walks around crippled,since doctors will not see her until we have money for them. we are not asking for special favors, but like i said screw the victims ,protect the persons that causes the accident not the victim. what is the answer? well if i had my way there wouldnt be a local hospital . IT IS ALL BS

i hear what your saying,but i wanted you to know it is not all black and white.....

Walk into the ER and you will get treated.

D.H.
10-08-2008, 11:07 PM

Really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine anyone going through an accident and having their insurance company hold them hostage while waiting for payment for care. That's ridiculous.

The whole system is a mess and it is not black and white, you are right. I am sick of it. We do need to recognize that health care is a "right" even though it is a poor choice of words and no one like it. I say this especially since I forgot this example; people in prison get health care. They don't have to wait, pay exhorbitant deductibles or copays or worry about going bankrupt over it. Why do people who work and pay insurance premiums have to have this stress? I am not about the gov't taking care of everybody, but the current system (that we pay for) isn't working either.

Our lawmakers won't help us because they don't know our worries or issues first hand. Every single one of them receives free government sponsored healthcare.

I live in fear of getting sick because the system is so messed up. I grew up in a family of 5 and we had no insurance either. We were lucky as none of the kids got sick. Not the case with my mother and she wouldn't go to a doctor until it was too late because she was afraid of the bills.

Now I have a decent job and the biggest reason I stay is for the benefits. Lots of my coworkers are the same; I have lost count of the people I work with who have said they would leave but can't pay for health insurance.

I saw the posts about the Slave Uprising that came up during the bailout. There are many ways to be enslaved......I feel that one of the ways is being tied to this screwed up health care system. I may as well be in prison for 8 hours a day because my work life is not that great. It's not the job, it's my coworkers. Some really need to move on but stay due to having kids and needing insurance and on the opposite extreme there is the burnt out over 55 crowd who is eligible to retire but can't because no one will insure them but they can't collect medicare yet. Not pretty.

But I doubt I am alone here in this.