PDA

View Full Version : AIG Execs spend $400,000 on party for executives AFTER THE F-ING BAILOUT!!!!

RonPaulCentral
10-08-2008, 04:20 AM
Bastards....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081008/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_aig

EvilEngineer
10-08-2008, 04:27 AM
These execs need to be rounded up and prosecuted for gross abuse of public funds..

coyote_sprit
10-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Grr..... They should be punished.

politicsNproverbs
10-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Unbelievable... will wonders never cease... And i just gave AIG $100 for auto ins... so where's my spa treatment? :(

kathy88
10-08-2008, 04:46 AM
I say GOOD. It's all over the news and getting attention. More will wake up.

N13
10-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Stone them.

Mahkato
10-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Hey now, they were just trying to provide some economic stimulus to the beleaguered tourism industry. Cut them some slack! :rolleyes:

Maverick
10-08-2008, 07:51 AM
What did you expect would happen? Protective Daddy Government just came to them and said "there, there, it's alright" and dropped $85B on them, so they think to themselves "woo! It's party time!"

The best way to prevent this from happening would've been for the government to not get involved in the first place.

RonPaulCentral
10-08-2008, 07:54 AM
What did you expect would happen? Protective Daddy Government just came to them and said "there, there, it's alright" and dropped $85B on them, so they think to themselves "woo! It's party time!"

The best way to prevent this from happening would've been for the government to not get involved in the first place.

qft

armstrong
10-08-2008, 08:02 AM
who but americans can stand up for us---- we the people--------our reps ignore us......

torchbearer
10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Stone them.

http://iwka.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/stoning.gif

Angry mob kills ceo in India: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article4810644.ece

kombayn
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Good stuff. I'm glad journalists are coming out and starting to investigate these crooks. They will not be able to continue pulling this bullshit forever.

TruthAtLast
10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
They talked about this during the hearing. The response was that they didn't want to lose employees and wanted to get everyone "together" to get them on the same page to move forward so that they could pay back the 85 billion.

It was also said during the hearing that they may have already had that obligation before the bailout and so the money had to be spent anyway.

It is just one excuse or another. The REP on the panel said, "it isn't the amount that bothers us, it is the apparent insensitivity to the fact that you just got 85 billion from American Taxpayers and you are spending it on these types of things"

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Good stuff. I'm glad journalists are coming out and starting to investigate these crooks. They will not be able to continue pulling this bullshit forever.

It was "journalists" who were cheerleading for this bailout the entire time. It was "journalists" who created a hostile and uneven playing field for Paul during the primaries, despite the biggest grassroots happenings in political history. I can't say I think "journalists" are coming to save us.

To give these irresponsible business losers 85 billion dollars and expect them to start behaving better with someone elses's money is just stupid. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but who can really be surprised by this?

TruthAtLast
10-08-2008, 06:48 PM
It was "journalists" who were cheerleading for this bailout the entire time. It was "journalists" who created a hostile and uneven playing field for Paul during the primaries, despite the biggest grassroots happenings in political history. I can't say I think "journalists" are coming to save us.

a Media meant to report the facts and keep the Government honest is in many ways influencing elections and legislation. The Media may be more powerful than anything else because they are the ones that control the People. They keep the masses either distracted or brainwashed.

james1844
10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
whats worse is that AIG had to ask for another 38 billion...it boggles my mind that a company can spend that much money that fast.