PDA

View Full Version : So the CP nominee crashed a press corps party in Nashville before the debate

Matt Collins
10-08-2008, 03:56 AM
So Darrell Castle, the Vice Chair and Vice Presidential nominee of the Constitution Party came to Nashville Monday night for an alternative candidates debate. The Boston Tea Party was there, but of course Bob Barr didn't attend. The event took place at Vanderbilt and Mrs. Joan Castle contacted me about setting up an after-event or meet & greet.

After asking around I couldn't find a restaurant open at that time of night (10pm) so we decided just to do the meet & greet in the lobby /lounge of the Marriot which is where they were spending the night.

So after the debate we get there, and there is about 15-20 of us or so. And as we walk into the lobby/lounge of the hotel there are dozens of people there having a party. I asked around to see what group of people this was, and apparently it was the national press corps in town for the debate.

At that point we decided to push into the room, grab the chairs in the middle, moved some furniture around, formed a circle and just began to talk amongst ourselves. As we did this it was obvious that we were being stared at and the people in the press were thinking to themselves "who are these people who just walked into our party?"

A couple of them came up to us and asked, and we simply told them that DC of the CP was there for a debate and we were all chatting with him. It was quite humorous and ironic that we walked into the middle of the lions' den inadvertently.

If I would've known in advance I would've made sure more RP people would've shown up to make more noise ;)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/CastleoftheCP.jpg

coyote_sprit
10-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Whats National Press Corps if you don't mind my asking?

rockandrollsouls
10-08-2008, 05:06 AM
There's that one guy that ran for president in that one state...I think! :D

Matt Collins
10-08-2008, 05:43 AM
Whats National Press Corps if you don't mind my asking?They are the members of the major media outlets (NYT, WSJ, ABC/CNN/NBC, etc) who travel with the politicians and wait for their handouts in terms of news bits and bites.

speciallyblend
10-08-2008, 06:31 AM
matt who is bob barr? ;)