PDA

View Full Version : When will things get bad in a hurry?

Mahkato
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Or if?

TER
10-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I think things are getting pretty bad in a hurry right now...

Kludge
10-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Things will never get bad here in good U.S.A.

We have freedom, prosperity, and diversity.

We're number one!

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.!!!

ChickenHawk
10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
If I knew the answer to questions like this I'd be rich by now.

Mahkato
10-08-2008, 07:11 AM
I'm uneasy already. It just seems like the whole system is set up to collapse once we find the proverbial last straw. Like our global just-in-time inventory model, for one example. So much is interconnected, and so much of the world is based on central banking and Keynesian economics. We have a lot of eggs and only one basket.

Deborah K
10-08-2008, 08:33 AM
I think this time next year is going to be the worst of the worst.

acptulsa
10-08-2008, 08:37 AM
I have a better question. Are we ready to bring order to chaos? Because those who bring order to chaos win in times like this. Do we have a plan?

Read up on your Uncle Emmanuel Watkins. We'd better be able to define what is at the core of being an American, because that's what will 'feel right' to the majority of disaffected, denuded and disgusted people.

roho76
10-08-2008, 08:39 AM
I have a better question. Are we ready to bring order to chaos? Because those who bring order to chaos win in times like this. Do we have a plan?

Read up on your Uncle Emmanuel Watkins. We'd better be able to define what is at the core of being an American, because that's what will 'feel right' to the majority of disaffected, denuded and disgusted people.

Well put.

Carole
10-08-2008, 09:02 AM
After the election I think.

The one thing I am convinced of is this.

The American people will be the ones to bring this country back. Not Washington. Not Wll Street. But small business Main Street.
:)

And when we do, we must NEVER, NEVER support the money changers and their usury tactics again. Well, I know we cannot compltely avoid them, but we must do everything in our power to control our own lives in a responsible way.

This terrible meltdown is necessary if for no other reason than to wake people up to the fact that living way beyond our means is a bad idea.

We must learn to support our neighbors and their small businesses whenever possible. Maybe find ways to work together during the crisis. Like the goodwill money I read about somewhere. :)

acptulsa
10-08-2008, 09:06 AM

The American people will be the ones to bring this country back. Not Washington. Not Wll Street. But small business Main Street.

Absolutely. If all you know how to do is build a house of cards...

And we had better be there providing positive leadership or all the work we've done the past year (longer for some of us) will be for naught.

We don't need to hasten the end. A house of cards needs no help to fall. We need to be ready to create the renaissance!!

freelance
10-08-2008, 09:19 AM

And when we do, we must NEVER, NEVER support the money changers and their usury tactics again. Well, I know we cannot compltely avoid them, but we must do everything in our power to control our own lives in a responsible way.

This terrible meltdown is necessary if for no other reason than to wake people up to the fact that living way beyond our means is a bad idea.

We must learn to support our neighbors and their small businesses whenever possible. Maybe find ways to work together during the crisis. Like the goodwill money I read about somewhere. :)

God, I hope you are right!