PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson for President in 2012

LandonCook
10-07-2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2EhAVQS2V8

He also had a great article in REASON http://www.reason.com/news/show/27909.html

This guy is exactly what we need... And remember the primarys start in 3 years.

I wish someone could put up a Johnson 2012 pledge website so we all know who the revolution will support next go around.
Maybe if he sees how much base support he will have starting out(including future donations) then maybe he will run!

We should get started now on his campaign! Any suggestions?

nbruno322
10-07-2008, 10:46 PM
I was not particularly ignited by him at the Rally. Though if approaching from within the Republican party, he may be a good option.

Conza88
10-07-2008, 10:47 PM
When I saw this I "wow'd"

Wanted to upload it myself... glad someone did...

EPIC!!! :D

Edit:

I was not particularly ignited by him at the Rally. Though if approaching from within the Republican party, he may be a good option.

Wtf... you don't get "ignited" by Liberty succeeding? what the ---- is wrong with you? A Ron Pauler got elected... you don't bat an eye lid? He veto's everything... you don't get ignited? :rolleyes:

Something's wrong with you, not him imo.

nate895
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM

He is a good option for the GOP primaries, if we can convince New Mexico to move up their primary. The only other alternative I see is Barry Goldwater, Jr., and it might be wise to have him run since next election cycle will be his last he could run, while Johnson still has plenty of time to play with in that department.

Shotdown1027
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I'd be satisfied with Rep. Jimmy Duncan, Former Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr, Former Rep. John Hostettler, or Gov. Gary Johnson---but I think Johnson would have the best chance.

nbruno322
10-07-2008, 10:57 PM
When I saw this I "wow'd"

Wanted to upload it myself... glad someone did...

EPIC!!! :D

Edit:

Wtf... you don't get "ignited" by Liberty succeeding? what the ---- is wrong with you? A Ron Pauler got elected... you don't bat an eye lid? He veto's everything... you don't get ignited? :rolleyes:

Something's wrong with you, not him imo.

Of course I love it when liberty succeeds and it is great that someone with values like Gary can win and hope many more of them do in the future. What I meant was that I didn't find him to be an extremely charismatic speaker. Though I admit I have only heard the man speak once. And like I said previously, he would be a great asset to work within the Republican party to further bring the ideas of limited govt and the Constitution to mainstream political discourse.

Conza88
10-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Of course I love it when liberty succeeds and it is great that someone with values like Gary can win and hope many more of them do in the future. What I meant was that I didn't find him to be an extremely charismatic speaker. Though I admit I have only heard the man speak once. And like I said previously, he would be a great asset to work within the Republican party to further bring the ideas of limited govt and the Constitution to mainstream political discourse.

Yeah admittedly I did strawman you somewhat, apologies... :)

Not exceedingly charismatic... but I don't particulary value that. I go for the content... and since it is rather sweet sound music to my ears.. hearing bills get veto'd and freedom / liberty winning, I got esctatic...

It helps with the hope...

Can someone put this as an audio file, mp3? I need to get it on my ipod... :D

Montpelerin
10-07-2008, 11:11 PM
w/ TJ Rodgers, maybe?

Indy4Chng
10-08-2008, 12:39 AM
This is the best news I have heard in a while. The key will be name recognition over the next 3 years. We will also need to kick the neocons out of the party to make this happen.

Arklatex
10-08-2008, 12:44 AM
That was the only speech at the rally I got up and went walking around, I listened to that guy talk about himself for a solid 15 min and got up, couldn't take it anymore.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
That was the only speech at the rally I got up and went walking around, I listened to that guy talk about himself for a solid 15 min and got up, couldn't take it anymore.

Yeah, he's got an ego. If you want to win the Presidency though, I think that's required.

Indy4Chng
10-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah, he's got an ego. If you want to win the Presidency though, I think that's required.

You do have to explain why you are better than the other guy. It's pretty hard to do without talking about your accomplishments. :rolleyes:

The rest of the speeches were about the movement and what needed to change in the country, so I can see why it comes across egomanac (but not any worst than Ventura's), but I think it was more an appeal on why we should support him as a viable leader for our movement. And he has my vote.

Micah Dardar
10-08-2008, 01:21 AM
How can you not have some ego if you are one of the rare people that saw the top of Mt. Everest and lived to tell the tale?

Conza88
10-08-2008, 01:26 AM
How can you not have some ego if you are one of the rare people that saw the top of Mt. Everest and lived to tell the tale?

QFT. And he built up a company / business, from just himself... entrepreneurs FTW.

Whoever is criticism ego needs to go read Fountainhead / Atlas Shrugged asap.

Also need to distinguish between arrogance..