PDA

View Full Version : Barack Hussein Obama

tropicangela
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
This is my sheriff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA4_RQzhl4g

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott tells Obama to change his name if he doesn't like to be called Barack Hussein Obama

Theocrat
10-07-2008, 11:15 PM
wow, so bigoted.

Sheriff Mike Scott is a bigot just for saying Barack Obama's middle name? If you were more offended by his use of Obama's full name than the fact that he was standing behind a podium in obvious support of John McCain in public, then you truly are "straining at a gnat," in my opinion.

ChickenHawk
10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, this is news!? Barack Hussein Obama. There I'm a bigot I just typed Obama's name. I agree with the Sheriff. If Obama is so ashamed of his middle name he ought to change it.

tropicangela
10-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Sheriff Mike Scott is a bigot just for saying Barack Obama's middle name? If you were more offended by his use of Obama's full name than the fact that he was standing behind a podium in obvious support of John McCain in public, then you truly are "straining at a gnat," in my opinion.

The McCain/Palin support bugs me too. He's a Republican Sheriff who doesn't seem to know any better.

Monolithic
10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
it's bigoted not because he's saying his full name but because but saying "Barack HUSSEIN Obama" he's implying that obama is arab/muslim, which he's not but they're implying that being arab/muslim is a bad thing

that's why it's bigoted

gaazn
10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
It's nice to call people by the name they want to be called. It's not nice to tell them they should change their name otherwise. McCain fails again by not following the Golden Rule.

kombayn
10-08-2008, 05:48 PM

You are a bigot, when you say his name to try and link him to Saddam or an arab/muslim. Come on. It's plain as day, and now they're doing it so they can win an election. This is not only going to make McCain lose the election but badly.

tropicangela
10-08-2008, 07:03 PM
George "Dubbya" Bush?

ChickenHawk
10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
when they use his middle name they're using it to degrade him, saying hes a "Muslim" since when was that bad?

Since many of them started strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up women and babies. I know its a small minority that do this but it tends to have a negative impact the average person's view of Muslims. It may not be fair, but life isn't fair.

ClockwiseSpark
10-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Since many of them started strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up women and babies. I know its a small minority that do this but it tends to have a negative impact the average person's view of Muslims. It may not be fair, but life isn't fair.

Indeed! I'm still pissed at the christians for all those damn holy wars.

ChickenHawk
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Indeed! I'm still pissed at the christians for all those damn holy wars.

Exactly.

anaconda
10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
The cop did nothing wrong. It's just like saying George Walker Bush or John Fitzgerald Kennedy. The media people are ridiculous.

My only complaint with the cop is that he is for McCain instead of Baldwin, Nader, or McKinney.

Besides, I would not mind a damn bit if our president was Muslim. Or Buddhist. Or anything else.

ChickenHawk
10-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Apparently the cop in question is now in trouble for campaining for McCain while in uniform.

ClockwiseSpark
10-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Exactly.

God didn't give us free will so that the government could take it away.

-Me

I have said the same thing to my girlfriend. Excellent.

Austin
10-09-2008, 06:38 AM
When he mentions McCain, does he refer to him as John Sidney McCain II? No. By referring to Obama by his full name, the sheriff was obviously taking advantage of the fear that many people have of Muslims, since 9/11.

The demonization of the Muslim culture and people disgusts me.

leipo
10-09-2008, 09:34 AM

I thought you we're a Christian? I'm dissapointed that even you dont see the bigotry.