PDA

View Full Version : Help me get elected, I've got a record of winning!

LandonCook
10-07-2008, 07:52 PM
My name is Corey Walsh and I'm running in Arkansas for Searcy County Clerk. I decided to run for this office because as a RP Republican I knew that we needed people at every level of government, and as a local office it could give me the experience and help I will need to run for something bigger in a few years. I've won my primary and am now running on the Republican Ticket.

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v348/39/94/649875019/n649875019_1841939_37.jpg
Leadership Summit

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v214/121/22/28074165651/n28074165651_2388635_3016.jpg
Announcement

http://photos-019.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v165/39/94/649875019/n649875019_824700_3273.jpg
Dec 26th Iowa

http://photos.l3.facebook.com/photos-l3-sf2p/v165/39/94/649875019/n649875019_829584_1091.jpg
Jan 3rd Iowa

During the Republican Primary, I:
• Was the Organizer of 4 meetups across the state
• Raised over 7 thousand of dollars for Dr. Paul
• Spent two weeks in Iowa Campaigning for Paul before the Caucus
• Was the Searcy County Coordinator and accomplished 17% for Paul in the Primary( While the state average was 4.79%)

After the Primary, I set up the most successful Liberty organization in the state which now works with a number State Representatives and other organizations to protect liberty here in Arkansas.

I need all the support I can get. If somehow I could reach my donation goal of $3000, I know for a fact that I would win my race.

I had a survey done of Searcy County democrats.... out of 50; 21 were voting for my opposition, 12 were voting for me, and 17 were undecided/waiting to meet me.

Not to mention that the republicans are coming out of the woodwork for this election, and i'm in a Republican county. I have a great chance at winning and a better chance with your support. Together I hope we can get another Ron Paul Republican in office.

Here is my chipin if anyone wants to help. Here is my chipin if anyone wants to help. http://walshforclerk.chipin.com/walsh-campaign

http://photos-019.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v284/39/94/649875019/n649875019_1394135_108.jpg

Dutch
10-08-2008, 07:06 AM
You go man, I'm proud of you!

Dutch (Can't vote, sorry)

Imperial
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Bump! I haven't heard much out of Arkansas.

Looking good. Plus, you are young. Starting small can give a great position for later.

Xenophage
10-09-2008, 12:33 AM
You know for a fact that $3000 will win you an election? How? What does $3000 buy?

Let me know. I'd like to donate, if it means you'll win.

revolutionman
10-09-2008, 07:29 AM
I'll donate $30 if you get a haircut.

lol

You should consider it though, a hair cut, and maybe a cheap suit even. Just so you look more like a Professional and a little less like a college kid. ugh i hate preaching conformity, but ya need a bat and mitt to play ball.

but then you know your neighbors better than I. maybe they are not that simple and shallow. I wont pretend to know.

Either way, the best of luck to you, if we had some one like you in every county from sea to shining sea Liberty would be alive and kickin!

LandonCook
10-09-2008, 08:03 AM
So far i've spent $1500 of my own money...

$1500 in signs
$400 in cards and other material (including magnets which get stolen all the time)

Adv. $80 a week in gas. (Which is about to triple because i'm going to be having people campaigning door to door with my and i'm going to be covering half their gas.

Weekly ads
$40

Mailout ads and material
$35

Radio ads
(Depends)

Newspaper insert on 10/15/08 (5 days before early voting) (This one is big, it will be a two page insert talking all about me, what ive done, and why people should vote for me)
Printing $200 Insert Cost $220

And my biggest cost is that I'm no longer working. I'm campaigning full time with the exception of school on Tue, and Thurs. In school I'm in Governors Cup, and SIFE "Students in free enterprise" Project leader of the Capital Markets Project and the "Highschool Entrepreneur Competition"

LandonCook
10-09-2008, 08:04 AM

lol

You should consider it though, a hair cut, and maybe a cheap suit even. Just so you look more like a Professional and a little less like a college kid. ugh i hate preaching conformity, but ya need a bat and mitt to play ball.

but then you know your neighbors better than I. maybe they are not that simple and shallow. I wont pretend to know.

Either way, the best of luck to you, if we had some one like you in every county from sea to shining sea Liberty would be alive and kickin!

You think its too long at the leadership summit? Thats how long it is now.

revolutionman
10-09-2008, 08:36 AM
it looks much better in that pic, but still shaggy. it doesn't look bad for a civilian, but as an elected official, i dunno. Personally i know better than to judge some one by their haircuts, but Towny southern republicans? I dunno about them, especially those swing voters. that juicy 17%.

I know its just a local election but what are you doing as far as campaigning? are you hitting the churches?? I dun even know what a county clerk would talk about. But you probably do.

basically what I'm asking is what have you done so far as far as your own campaign for County Clerk in Searcy County?

How about writing op-eds for the local papers?
If they get published, its free publicity and your potential supporters will come to know you a bit better.

How has local fund raising treated you?? In my home town the candidates used to throw fund raising dinners and parties with over priced food and drinks and all the profit went to their campaign. Even if you just cook some Spaghetti for a small group of friends and family you could probably raise a couple hundred dollars. A couple of boxes of pasta, some Prego, and a bag or two of frozen meatballs.

I'm interested in the process beyond just hitting the donate button. I'm game for brainstorming if you want.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2008, 08:47 AM
You think its too long at the leadership summit? Thats how long it is now.

Yes. In the back. Voters tend to like the short, well-groomed look. You'll be handling their money. Get a haircut and dress for the part. Sounds like you have everything else going for you.

Your parents should be very proud of you.

:)

TheGreatCapitalist
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
So far i've spent $1500 of my own money...

$1500 in signs
$400 in cards and other material (including magnets which get stolen all the time)

Adv. $80 a week in gas. (Which is about to triple because i'm going to be having people campaigning door to door with my and i'm going to be covering half their gas.

Weekly ads
$40

Mailout ads and material
$35

Radio ads
(Depends)

Newspaper insert on 10/15/08 (5 days before early voting) (This one is big, it will be a two page insert talking all about me, what ive done, and why people should vote for me)
Printing $200 Insert Cost $220

And my biggest cost is that I'm no longer working. I'm campaigning full time with the exception of school on Tue, and Thurs. In school I'm in Governors Cup, and SIFE "Students in free enterprise" Project leader of the Capital Markets Project and the "Highschool Entrepreneur Competition"

You should get t-shirts too!

The One
10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I know a guy who lives in Searcy, Arkansas. He's a dipshit. I had to fire him from my company.

Sorry, I get distracted easily......bump.

LandonCook
10-10-2008, 10:50 AM

lol

Getting it cut today. I'm going to cry because I know the girls like my long hair, but I guess ill just take one for the team.

LandonCook
10-10-2008, 10:53 AM
it looks much better in that pic, but still shaggy. it doesn't look bad for a civilian, but as an elected official, i dunno. Personally i know better than to judge some one by their haircuts, but Towny southern republicans? I dunno about them, especially those swing voters. that juicy 17%.

I know its just a local election but what are you doing as far as campaigning? are you hitting the churches?? I dun even know what a county clerk would talk about. But you probably do.

basically what I'm asking is what have you done so far as far as your own campaign for County Clerk in Searcy County?

How about writing op-eds for the local papers?
If they get published, its free publicity and your potential supporters will come to know you a bit better.

How has local fund raising treated you?? In my home town the candidates used to throw fund raising dinners and parties with over priced food and drinks and all the profit went to their campaign. Even if you just cook some Spaghetti for a small group of friends and family you could probably raise a couple hundred dollars. A couple of boxes of pasta, some Prego, and a bag or two of frozen meatballs.

I'm interested in the process beyond just hitting the donate button. I'm game for brainstorming if you want.

I will be having a fish fry before the election, and im getting my hair cut today. My name is in the paper quite often for my activism.

TheGreatCapitalist
10-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I will be having a fish fry before the election, and im getting my hair cut today. My name is in the paper quite often for my activism.

Am I invited?

drmarkmedman
10-11-2008, 11:26 PM
it would be cool if we could put together a mini money bomb for this guy! like if we all got together and gave him a few dollars each ( no more then 10) it would be cool to kid this guy in office!

tribute_13
10-11-2008, 11:45 PM
I know a guy who lives in Searcy, Arkansas. He's a dipshit. I had to fire him from my company.

Sorry, I get distracted easily......bump.

I lol'd..... lol

I am thinking of doing the same thing in a few years when I hit 18. Probably a mayoral race? I'll look into it. I support you every step of the way man. My hair is about 9 times longer than yours and I will get it cut for a political position. I second LibertyEagles suggestion.

Matt Collins
10-12-2008, 09:22 AM
See if you parents will donate, they own a business, right? See if their suppliers and business partners will donate too. Go door to door at local businesses (especially barber shops and laundrymats) and ask for their support, donation, and if they would let you hang up a flyer in a visible location. Tell them you want to represent them as county clerk.

As far as the voting goes, check with your local GOP and ask if you can get a list of supervoters in your area. These are the people who have voted in the last few elections and are likely to vote in the upcoming election.

If your district is heavily Democrat it might be a good idea to drop off the partisan label and not call yourself a Republican. Make some generic statements like "Responsible government" or "making the government accountable" or something of that nature.

Door to door to the supervoters is effective but inefficient; everyone I've talked to who has done that says they lost 35lbs in the process ha ha. Ask everyone who supports you if they can will put up a yard sign. Also after you talk with people mail them a 4x6 post card with your last name in a large font on both sides of the postcard. Go for the 3 to 5 impressions with 72 hours and you'll get a lot of votes that way simply based upon name recognition.

LandonCook
10-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I will not be campaigning Monday and Tuesday. I had a good friend die.

nodope0695
10-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Getting it cut today. I'm going to cry because I know the girls like my long hair, but I guess ill just take one for the team.

Ahh, it'll grow back. Once you're elected, you can do what you want with your hair.:D

Just don't do this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/69482716_fee3de2a7c.jpg

LandonCook
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Ahh, it'll grow back. Once you're elected, you can do what you want with your hair.:D

Just don't do this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/69482716_fee3de2a7c.jpg

Not my thing. Don"t worry.

angelatc
10-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Your hair looks better when it's shorter.

LandonCook
10-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Thank you all for your donations! I still have a few more ads to place if anyone wants to help out.

DirtMcGirt
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Good luck Corey!!!

LibertiORDeth
11-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Anybody know how he did?

gls
11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Anybody know how he did?

He lost...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=166900