PDA

View Full Version : So I got my absentee ballot...

IntruderII
10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I was hoping to vote for Chuck Baldwin, but it looks like I'll be forced to choose between either McCain or Obama. There are no third parties on this Oklahoma ballot :(.

It's just depressing getting a ballot and having to pretend there is any significant discrepancy between the choices.

nate895
10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I was hoping to vote for Chuck Baldwin, but it looks like I'll be forced to choose between either McCain or Obama. There are no third parties on this Oklahoma ballot :(.

It's just depressing getting a ballot and having to pretend there is any significant discrepancy between the choices.

Don't vote for that office, you have that right.

AJ Antimony
10-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Who the hell says you HAVE to vote for a President? Vote for everything but President. Write in "NONE OF THE ABOVE." Or, maybe write in "Fuck off OK ballot access laws!"

For other offices, vote third party.

Micah Dardar
10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Since you shouldn't vote for ObaMcCain, I would just write in Ron Paul or Mickey Mouse or something.

nate895
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Since you shouldn't vote for ObaMcCain, I would just write in Ron Paul or Mickey Mouse or something.

You can't write-in in Oklahoma, unless you want your ballot thrown in the round file.

Micah Dardar
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
You can't write-in in Oklahoma, unless you want your ballot thrown in the round file.

Do you mean that if you wrote in Mickey Mouse for President then they would throw away your entire ballot of other votes too?

nate895
10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Do you mean that if you wrote in Mickey Mouse for President then they would throw away your entire ballot of other votes too?

Yes, because there is no write-in slot (at least for President, I don't know about other offices), so you would be defacing the ballot.

Jeremy
10-07-2008, 09:40 PM
OK is the worse state for 3rd party candidiates

protest against the system then! dont vote mccain or obama, thats silly

fr33domfightr
10-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Write in "Ron Paul." At least you've done the best you could, in your case.

FF

torchbearer
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
If you can't write-in. Vote democrat. Otherwise we won't be able to challenge in the republican primary in 2012.

StateofTrance
10-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Cross mark both the candidates, write FUCK U FRANK and then sign out with Ron Paul for president.

Enuff said.

ClockwiseSpark
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM
If you can't write-in. Vote democrat. Otherwise we won't be able to challenge in the republican primary in 2012.

Sadly, this is true.