PDA

View Full Version : WTF, Bob Barr x-CIA

ronpaulforprez2008
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Man o man, these freaking shills are everywhere. Geesh!

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Barr):

"During this time, Barr's mother introduced him to the work of Ayn Rand"

"From 1971 (1970) to 1978, Barr was employed by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)."

I can't believe I missed this until now. I always check everyone out to see their background and their organizational ties. Am I the only one here that missed this?

HenryKnoxFineBooks
10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
umm, welcome to April '08.

J/k theres a lot of info to sort thru. ;)

Highland
10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
oh yeah brother...that is why I can't vote for him.....

IPSecure
10-07-2008, 06:29 PM
They are everywhere! Ask Jesse Ventura...

HOLLYWOOD
10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
hehe... :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
10-07-2008, 06:35 PM
That alone doesn't make him a bad guy. Remember that Michael Scheuer is also ex-CIA and he has been a very strong supporter of Ron.

socialize_me
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Although I'm not voting for Barr, why does it matter if he's been in the CIA?? Seriously?? Even Ron Paul says there's good people working in the CIA, FBI, Department of Education, and yes, even the Federal Reserve. What you're doing is no different from racism. You see what a few people do, perhaps even in power or influential like the policymakers, and blame anyone in association to it.

Quit being a paranoid idiot. If you're not going to vote for him, that's fine I really don't care; but if you're going to go through life assuming anyone ex-CIA is some sort of New World Order agent, anyone who took a paycheck from the Department of Ed. is some sort of indoctrinator of central planning, or whatever your kooky mind draws up, then don't bother taking off the tin-foil hat.

So people serving in the military are anti-Muslim pro-torture people? Of course not. You might secretly believe that, but more than likely you have respect for our troops. The only reason why you can't get away with calling ex-military people "shills" like you do with ex-CIA agents is because you'd have your ass kicked by society. Grow a pair and get a clue.

mitty
10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
That alone doesn't make him a bad guy. Remember that Michael Scheuer is also ex-CIA and he has been a very strong supporter of Ron.

this is true. what we need to do is asses their role in the cia.

scheuer is going against the system and the powers at be and telling the truth about foreign policy. he used his cia work for good.

barr has yet to address his role in the cia in a serious manner. he used his power at the cia to protect the secrecy and covert actions of the executive branch. he readily admits this. he used his cia work for terrible things.

Liberty4Free
10-07-2008, 07:08 PM

scheuer is going against the system and the powers at be and telling the truth about foreign policy. he used his cia work for good.

barr has yet to address his role in the cia in a serious manner. he used his power at the cia to protect the secrecy and covert actions of the executive branch. he readily admits this. he used his cia work for terrible things.

Wow, right on. I'd like to hear more of what Barr was doing for the CIA and speak out against, if it was not right and if he really is against it. Unless it was a comfy, boring office job :). Not that I'm against Barr's candidacy per se (i'll probably still be voting for him here in California [Baldwin isn't on the ballot]) but it'd be nice to hear him sound more like Michael Scheuer.

InterestedParticipant
10-07-2008, 11:04 PM

Although I'm not voting for Barr, why does it matter if he's been in the CIA?? Seriously?? Even Ron Paul says there's good people working in the CIA, FBI, Department of Education, and yes, even the Federal Reserve. What you're doing is no different from racism. You see what a few people do, perhaps even in power or influential like the policymakers, and blame anyone in association to it.

Quit being a paranoid idiot. If you're not going to vote for him, that's fine I really don't care; but if you're going to go through life assuming anyone ex-CIA is some sort of New World Order agent, anyone who took a paycheck from the Department of Ed. is some sort of indoctrinator of central planning, or whatever your kooky mind draws up, then don't bother taking off the tin-foil hat.

So people serving in the military are anti-Muslim pro-torture people? Of course not. You might secretly believe that, but more than likely you have respect for our troops. The only reason why you can't get away with calling ex-military people "shills" like you do with ex-CIA agents is because you'd have your ass kicked by society. Grow a pair and get a clue.

You are all kidding, right? I mean, you can't be that naive, can you?

And if you think Scheuer is a good Samaritan who tells the truth about US Foreign policy, then you clearly are delusional. His concept of "Blowback" would only be logical if you also believe that Islamic madmen attacked the USA. C'mon, the contrived reality is laughable.

I like RP's message, have for 20 years, but not everyone who lines up next to him is automatically a good person who tells the truth. Go back and do some more homework and stop attacking someone who comes back into Plato's Cave to inform you of what it really looks like outside.

Kludge
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm not too fond of Barr ATM, but this paragraph had me laughing...

During his tenure, Barr was regarded as one of the most conservative members of Congress. In 2002, he was described as "the idol of the gun-toting, abortion-fighting, IRS-hating hard right wing of American politics". However, Barr's criticism of the Bush administration's policies on privacy and other civil liberties after the 9/11 attacks was unusual among House Republicans (see Criticism of Bush Administration below). This criticism earned Barr other labels such as "maverick", "Jekyll-and-Hyde", and "libertarian".

specsaregood
10-07-2008, 11:21 PM

And if you think Scheuer is a good Samaritan who tells the truth about US Foreign policy, then you clearly are delusional. His concept of "Blowback" would only be logical if you also believe that Islamic madmen attacked the USA.

By your definition: Ron Paul is delusional and some am I.

InterestedParticipant
10-07-2008, 11:42 PM
By your definition: Ron Paul is delusional and some am I.

Nope, RP is a politician who understands where the boundaries are and when one must stay within "authorized" frames.

You, on the other hand, are delusional.

Chibioz
10-08-2008, 12:01 AM

And if you think Scheuer is a good Samaritan who tells the truth about US Foreign policy, then you clearly are delusional. His concept of "Blowback" would only be logical if you also believe that Islamic madmen attacked the USA. C'mon, the contrived reality is laughable.

I like RP's message, have for 20 years, but not everyone who lines up next to him is automatically a good person who tells the truth. Go back and do some more homework and stop attacking someone who comes back into Plato's Cave to inform you of what it really looks like outside.

I've read Scheuer's book, and you are completely misrepresenting what he says. In fact he states the opposite of it having been Islamic madmen.

Highland
10-08-2008, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=mitty;1746329]this is true. what we need to do is asses their role in the cia.

you can never actually asses the role he played in the CIA because it is Secret......hush hush you know!;)