PDA

View Full Version : The electoral map turning blue. It would have been turning red if RP was nominated.

klamath
10-07-2008, 06:15 PM
How many times did we say that RP was the only republican that could win this fall. Imagine RP as the Republican nominee standing up and saying "NO BAILOUT!" Imagine RP being the only candidate that has been warning us abut the ecconomy and explaining the problem. Imagine how RP would be looking right now because the rest of washington had laughed at RP until the SHTF then ran around in a stupid panic inspiring zero confidence in their ability to handle the problem. The stupid republicans wanted to play it safe and elect a centrist McCain. Well you know what the Americans want a MAJOR change right now and Obama is the closest thing they got but that map would have been turning red for that fringe, crazy old man that called it right.

Political map turning Blue. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20081007/ts_ynews/ynews_ts59;_ylt=AtvnLNOrWK7OIU4j9lR_7bqs0NUE

Highland
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
true dat.....we should have exploited McCain's Keating 5 connection the way Obama just did in that documentary. Plus with Jon Daily saying the Ron Paul won the debate...that was awesome....just bad timing...anyway...we all learned the truth with this whole experience.

ShowMeLiberty
10-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Dammit to hell. If only this financial meltdown had started a year ago.

Anti Federalist
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Meh, great points.

My throat is too sore from saying "I told you so".

Frankly, I'm glad RP isn't going to be anywhere near the presidency. This was too far gone to be fixed and all the blame would have been placed at his feet.

Alawn
10-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Obama has over twice the projected electoral vote. 341 for Obama compared to 167 for McCain. Looks like it wont even be close this election.

Highland
10-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Meh, great points.

My throat is too sore from saying "I told you so".

Frankly, I'm glad RP isn't going to be anywhere near the presidency. This was too far gone to be fixed and all the blame would have been placed at his feet.

yes...our beloved Philosopher is free of responsibility....

klamath
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
The funny part is RP probably would have been lagging in the polls until this happened because he would have been painted as too radical. Now they are ready for that radical change.

nate895
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
He either would be winning by a decent margin, or looking for a repeat of 1964.

Highland
10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
The funny part is RP probably would have been lagging in the polls until this happened because he would have been painted as too radical. Now they are ready for that radical change.

qft....God will bless this movement....when we are ready.;)

Lord Xar
10-07-2008, 06:37 PM
If the bailout would have not passed, they would be blaming the "current" situation occuring BECAUSE there was no bailout. Its a no-win situation.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-07-2008, 06:38 PM
John McCain=Bob Dole II.

Way to go neocons, 4 years minimum of a far-left congress and a leftist president. Hope Iraq was well worth it.

klamath
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
If the bailout would have not passed, they would be blaming the "current" situation occuring BECAUSE there was no bailout. Its a no-win situation.
It would have still passed but RP would have been on record saying it wouldn't work.

ihsv
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Bunch of freakin' liars! They should fess up, tell the truth, and paint the whole dang thing purple!

nobody's_hero
10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Doesn't add up, I say.

McCain's a goof up---a piss poor representation of conservative values. Why on earth would Obama suck in all those angry conservatives? I think perhaps the polls are only sampling between Obama & McCain.

conclusion: the third party support base is growing

(I hope I'm right)

luaPnoR
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
The bigger the lead Obama has in the polls before the election, the more comfortable people are going to be with voting 3rd party.

josephadel_3
10-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Bunch of freakin' liars! They should fess up, tell the truth, and paint the whole dang thing purple!

QFT

I can't stand bumper stickers like: "I think, therefore I vote Republican" (or Democrat). Really? Do you really think? Think harder. Better idea. How about I just slap you.

nate895
10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
QFT

I can't stand bumper stickers like: "I think, therefore I vote Republican" (or Democrat). Really? Do you really think? Think harder. Better idea. How about I just slap you.

"Friends don't let friends vote Democrat (Republican)" I have one of both. The clerk at the gift shop in DC looked at me funny.

trey4sports
10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
alright, i hate to be the asshole here but regardless of the mess were in now theres no way in hell ron paul would win the presidency. obama would be tearin him apart in the GE. until we have a radical shift in thinking ron paul cant win.
imagine how people would respond......

"dr paul what would you do to prevent wall street from failing" ?

i would end the federal reserves manipulation of our currency and deregulate washington.

"so youd let the bad guys monopolize the market"?

most folks dont understand how economics work, all they want to hear is that greedy corporations are stealing their money and XXX will fix it by using more "oversight"

right now, people just arent educated enough to understand how things work

Micah Dardar
10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Oh well. I'm not voting for evil, but if it is inevitable, I would prefer it in blue than red.

klamath
10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
In 1980 the polls were saying to close the call the weekend before the election and by election day Reagan won 40 states and a double digit lead. I believe at the last moment this swing will be toward Obama.

klamath
10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
alright, i hate to be the asshole here but regardless of the mess were in now theres no way in hell ron paul would win the presidency. obama would be tearin him apart in the GE. until we have a radical shift in thinking ron paul cant win.
imagine how people would respond......

"dr paul what would you do to prevent wall street from failing" ?

i would end the federal reserves manipulation of our currency and deregulate washington.

"so youd let the bad guys monopolize the market"?

most folks dont understand how economics work, all they want to hear is that greedy corporations are stealing their money and XXX will fix it by using more "oversight"

right now, people just arent educated enough to understand how things work

You maybe right but RP would have done better than McCain. McCain managed to alienate both the left and right trying to play the middle.

bojo68
10-07-2008, 07:50 PM
McCain is not going to win, they're both controlled by the same people, and they're only funding McCain enough to make it look real. It's over, Obama won. Yeah, makes me puke too.

max
10-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Obama will have a massive majority in both houses. With Bush's power consolidation of the executive branch in his hands, an economic crisis, and a fawning media......Barack Obama will in essence be an American dictator.

His power will dwarf that of FDR.

Alawn
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Obama will have a massive majority in both houses. With Bush's power consolidation of the executive branch in his hands, an economic crisis, and a fawning media......Barack Obama will in essence be an American dictator.

His power will dwarf that of FDR.

I think you're right. It is going to be very bad.

Micah Dardar
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I think you're right. It is going to be very bad.

Don't be skeered. Dems are wimps.

angelatc
10-07-2008, 08:31 PM
QFT

LOL!

I think I like you!

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
We need a "Barry Goldwater for President 2012" campaign with a checklist of Austrian school candidates in everyones area, and start canvassing with them now. Sounds like something someone could do under C4L...

Anti Federalist
10-07-2008, 09:15 PM
John McCain=Bob Dole II.

Way to go neocons, 4 years minimum of a far-left congress and a leftist president. Hope Iraq was well worth it.

QFT x 10