PDA

View Full Version : The Economy: Has this been happening to you?

cska80
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Very often for the past 2 months or so I've been having people tell me how right I was and they wished they had listened to me before concerning the economy. There are tons of people I come into contact with on a daily basis, and then there are friends and family as well. I've tried to inform as many people as I come in contact with on things like the economy, world events, politics, etc. and most people look at me like I have three heads. Nowadays, people are asking me what's going to happen next.

Dorfsmith
10-07-2008, 05:26 PM
This has happened to me several times.

Malakai
10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Of course! On the local level for most Americans, it's pretty clear the economy is tanking, and it's going to get worse.

tropicangela
10-07-2008, 05:31 PM
People I talk to think things are bad but they think Obama or McCain will save them.

ihsv
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I've had people admit that I was right with regard to the economy, but when it comes to other things such as our empire, unjust wars, CFR, and even the Federal Reserve, I'm still meeting some resistance. Not as much as before, though.

dielivin
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, I have.

And unlike before, people are now becoming receptive. This is a prime opportunity to pass the freedom message.

I also believe that this is a prime opportunity to change things up locally. So many people before simply laid the blame on the POTUS only but now they see the problem is systemic.

cska80
10-07-2008, 05:36 PM
I think this is the time that we must redouble our efforts of informing the masses about the ideas of freedom and liberty. In times of crisis, false hopes like Obama can manipulate the masses and we must use this time to reach as many people as possible. It'd be great to see the same enthusiasum now as we had during RP's campaign; IE: road side signs like "Campaign for Liberty . COM!" or things like "SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION!", etc.

Even the smallest things help. For example, at work I'm forced to use public restrooms as I'm always on the road. I make sure I bring in a pen to write in the stalls "Read the Constitution! CampaignforLiberty.com!". :D

ItsTime
10-07-2008, 05:39 PM
All the mother fing time! Make sure when they ask what is going to happen next you put in your two cents about ending the FED. Light the brush fire.

cska80
10-07-2008, 05:41 PM
This is a very encouraging poll as long as everyone is being honest :D

crackyflipside
10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
People are definitely listening more, I like writing notes in facebook and I used to have two or three responses saying I was crazy. Now they are all agreeing with me; nothing's changed on the subjects I write about.

People are becoming very receptive to the message and have lost faith in the Republican leadership, that is why Obama has such widespread support now. You must tell the people that both parties are responsible for this damage.

Dequeant
10-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately, I've been branded the official bearer of bad news. For that reason people have been reluctant to have deep discussions with me on issues such as the economy anymore (before, these were an everyday thing). As one person pointed out, as much as they would like to go against me and paint a prettier picture of things, no one likes to be proven wrong twice by the same person in a matter of weeks.

I told them months ago that I was convinced an economic collapse was imminent. They were just convinced i was one of those "end of the world" types when I told them to get out of the stock market and buy gold, guns and ammo.

ForrestLayne
10-07-2008, 05:59 PM
People ask if I have a bomb shelter - they tell me "can't do nothin' about so why worry" - "Once we get a democrat in there everything he will fix Bush's mess" - it just goes on and on - people around here just don't get it. Virginia

heavenlyboy34
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
The people that I warned in regards to how RP predicted all this are so hypnotized by McShame that they just ignore me. :rolleyes:

Catatonic
10-07-2008, 06:04 PM
My friends laughed at me a couple years ago. Now they see me as some kind of guru.

pacelli
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I've spent a great deal of time walking my area and talking to my neighbors while I was canvassing for Ron during the presidential campaign. Just the other day one of my neighbors waved me down as I was driving past them and told me, "Hey, I read that handout you gave me on that Paul guy, what's he saying about this bailout bullshit?". I went through the Ron Paul stance on the bailout and he said, "Its a fuckin' shame that so many people ignored him, that ole guy was right on the mark the whole time".

cska80
10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
My friends laughed at me a couple years ago. Now they see me as some kind of guru.

That reminds me of a friend of mine. I've been telling him for years what's coming. He has always listened but really wasn't concerned at all. He also thought I was a bit obsessed and crazy about it. Now that it's all coming to fruition, he totally believes me but still isn't concerned.

He finally became concerned when I told him that there could come a time where his Warhammer Online subscription won't be available, along with the internet! ROFL! :eek: It's like when Merry told Pippin that there won't be a Shire, he finally figured out it how real the situation was.

brello
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
This has happened to me several times.

Same here.

They will eventually come around.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
10-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I've had people admit that I was right with regard to the economy, but when it comes to other things such as our empire, unjust wars, CFR, and even the Federal Reserve, I'm still meeting some resistance. Not as much as before, though.

My situation exactly.

The_Orlonater
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
People ask if I have a bomb shelter - they tell me "can't do nothin' about so why worry" - "Once we get a democrat in there everything he will fix Bush's mess" - it just goes on and on - people around here just don't get it. Virginia

+1

:rolleyes:

freelance
10-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Very often for the past 2 months or so I've been having people tell me how right I was and they wished they had listened to me before concerning the economy. There are tons of people I come into contact with on a daily basis, and then there are friends and family as well. I've tried to inform as many people as I come in contact with on things like the economy, world events, politics, etc. and most people look at me like I have three heads. Nowadays, people are asking me what's going to happen next.

Yep! And they still don't really want to hear the truth.

Catatonic
10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Some people take more effort than others. And some people just don't want to know.

thechitowncubs
10-07-2008, 07:01 PM
My uncle, a recovering neocon who I have had intense discussions regarding the Federal Reserve, economy, and war recently told my dad that he was writing in Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!

dawnbt
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
They don't jump out and say, "You we're right", however, when I bring up the economy, they definately listen and take me seriously now.

dawnbt
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
My uncle, a recovering neocon who I have had intense discussions regarding the Federal Reserve, economy, and war recently told my dad that he was writing in Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!

My neocon mom is voting for Chuck!

satchelmcqueen
10-07-2008, 08:50 PM
im now the guy almost everyone agrees with now. i am looked at as some kind of expert when in reality i just discovered ron paul in 2007 and have followed his teachings ever since. at first i was the "conspiracy guy". now they are having a change of how they look at me. ron paul is getting mentioned more now too, but still most people even after seeming to be seeing the light wind up saying that obama or mccain will fix it.

just stupid people