PDA

View Full Version : Questions For Candidates

cheapseats
10-07-2008, 02:57 PM
I urge these anemic candidates to go for the jugular in tonight’s debate. It’s about winning now, not about being liked. LIKE them? Who can even respect them, parading around crying Pick Me! Pick Me! for TWO YEARS, with barely even a hiccup for the most consequential economic-therefore-security crisis of modern times?

You know what America likes better than revering people? Knocking them off of “their” pedestals. Exaggerate a single person’s talent/reach/significance beyond human capability, correspondingly exaggerate society’s expectations of them, then rip ‘em to shreds for failing to live up to “their” reputation…it’s practically a national pastime.

For all our talk about being a Christian nation…I, for one, will believe it when I see it…we are, in the main, kinda mean-spirited. I believe that is because we are, in the main, manipulated by a skewed System to spend a lifetime toiling, without adequate rest or reward, astonishingly near the brink of catastrophe. The Great Majority would be wiped out by a one major accident, natural disaster or catastrophic illness and, believe you me, there is NOTHING Christian about that.

Obama should propose an Aristocracy Tax of 85%…after, say, the first hundred million…on THE ACCUMULATED RICHES OF DEAD MEN. Some of the Robber Barons will start kicking the bucket pretty quick here, and there is ample evidence that society does not much benefit from the transfer of magnificent fortunes to spoiled stroke-of-luck-at-birth offspring. Consider the “principles” with which they are hard-wired, and know that the trickle-down effects will be meager indeed.

McCain, on the other hand, might win the whole shebang by announcing categorically and unequivocally that he will not seek a second term.

Anyone who gives one minute’s thought to the length, expense and extravagance of Campaign-O-Rama HAS to know that, without assurance of a one-term tour of duty, America can expect politicking for re-election to commence on Day Two. Campaigning and Lobbying have become virtually a market sector…no good can come of it.

For all our agreement that insanity is comprised of doing the same thing and expecting different results, it very much seems to me that we are doing the same thing only MORE SO and expecting EVEN BETTER results.

http://peaceandcarats.com/

cheapseats
10-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I would ask them whether they are aware or unaware that a growing percent of the population has grown completely disillusioned with the System and its Players, and that a growing percentage of the population agitates for something truly new. Do they realize or do they not realize that a substantial percent of the population views the Great Bailout as dereliction of duty, their own parts in it cowardly as well as unprincipled.

They both actually sat out the first Senate vote. The American Voter is fired up, you say? It's a crisis, you say? Alrighty then, I'm just a phone call away. Cowardly...conduct unbecoming an officer, never mind Commander-in-Chief.

They have both so much as sworn that their primary hope is for the good of America, its flourishing in security. I would, then, put this question to each of them: In light of changes in conditions on the ground, particularly given a mounting groundswell of discontent and fear, would you object to the Public being presented with a late-entry alternative on the November ballots?

Would it not be best for the country if we didn't kick off the next presidential term slash Campaign Season with...oooh, roughly half the people loathing whichever candidate wins?

cheapseats
10-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I would ask them how they can remain studiously indifferent to the consequential revenue and savings that would assuredly attend the oh-so-egalitarian de-criminalization of marijuana and hemp, and I would ask for their positions on taxing the churches.

This is Extreme Civics...why should the CHURCHES, of all entities, not be shouldering some of the load?

JohnMeridith
10-07-2008, 04:41 PM
oh man, these two have most of the people in this country fighting about which one is worse. The public is foolish and we are trapped in the cage with them.

cheapseats
10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I would ask them: Why do neither of you talk about Big Insurance and Big Law? Talk of reforming Healthcare without addressing Big Insurance and Big Law is just that, talk. Talk is cheap. Big Insurance and Big Law lie at the root of or turbo-charge an obscene number of our problems.

The Truth is that health and justice are not meant to be for-profit schemes. The Renaissance Popes sold forgiveness.

cheapseats
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
oh man, these two have most of the people in this country fighting about which one is worse. The public is foolish and we are trapped in the cage with them.

With EACH OTHER...it is at once incredible and pathetic.

Dissension among the ranks. Divide and conquer. These are strategies as old as dirt.

JohnMeridith
10-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Here is an example of what I primarily argue them with since its simple and they can't really come up with any real debate about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTIVNM

As far as writing in RP goes, do what you want. IMO it's reckless and wasting your vote because he has no chance of winning. I would suggest voting against the guy you want to keep out of office and making your vote count that way! Send RP a letter stating what you did and why and show him support next go around. At least you would have a shot at accomplishing something with your vote other than cutting off your nose to spite your face in the name of making a statement.

You keep on telling yourself that lie. The reckless part is doing the same thing every four years.

The truth of the matter is that both dems and reps are on the same path.

The three major problems with our country are
Monetary Policy-they both won't call out the elephant in the room which is the Fed

Domestic Policy-they both won't call out the elephant in the room which is 10trillion in debt and 100trillion+ in promised debt, grossly oversized government and too much central control

Foreign Policy-700+ known bases throughout the world with over 1 trillion dollars worth to keep them running, throwing money in the billions at countries and nothing in return and I'll refrain from war speak since I am 100% anti war.

JohnMeridith
10-07-2008, 05:05 PM
With EACH OTHER...it is at once incredible and pathetic.

Dissension among the ranks. Divide and conquer. These are strategies as old as dirt.
its done perfectly isn't it? Race, class, sex and religious and the sad thing is that we all really want the same thing, but most are too f'ing stupid to figure it out because of too much boob tube.

cheapseats
10-07-2008, 05:46 PM
its done perfectly isn't it? Race, class, sex and religious and the sad thing is that we all really want the same thing, but most are too f'ing stupid to figure it out because of too much boob tube.

More than that, they would rather fight each other for who gets more of less than take on the Big Boys for a bigger collective slice of the pie.

In their defense, the Big Boys have the Laws, the Enforcers, the Courts and the Prisons.

cheapseats
10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
I would ask the candidates to bring their A games tonight, not just pussy foot around but put their best foot forward. The People are well within Reason to demand that these candidates declare their plans. It is not unreasonable that the People should have a month to put forward an alternative platform.