PDA

View Full Version : welcome foxnews shepard smith to the ron paul revolution

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
he just said that both mccain and obama are lying, the whole congress is lying, and the people are upset and he seems really upset, like he is having a paradigm shift right on tv.

SWATH
10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
He would probably say Ron Paul is lying too.

torchbearer
10-07-2008, 01:41 PM
He's from a small town, holly springs, mississippi.
Maybe his mom called him up and told him people are struggling.

I always thought shepard was a government mouth piece.. though i did always enjoy his around the world in 6
0 seconds segment.

CountryMe
10-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Well, as long as he was NOT including Ron Paul, I say it's about time
someone called it like it is!!!!!!!! And in the news media at that.

I hope someone got that on utube! I wish I knew how to do that.

angelatc
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh, I'm sure they'll send off to reeducation camp and he'll come back to his neocon senses.

I used to like Smith, and he let me down. Screw him.

Mortikhi
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
All that mascara is unclogging his brain.

speciallyblend
10-07-2008, 01:44 PM
he is a mindless jerk aka media shill

Deborah K
10-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Here's a blooper from Shepard that is sooooooo funny!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rnX9vJrn9o

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 01:50 PM
a lot of media shills are changing ther language at the same time right now.

they are people. they do what they do for money, and they are not getting anything out of this deal.

Kotin
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
remember the lie is different at every level so they are not purposely misleading us, they are being mislead themselves.

Deborah K
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
And here's one from Bill OReilly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2YDq6FkVE

L M A O

ghengis86
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
All that mascara is unclogging his brain.

he does have beautiful eyes though!

me3
10-07-2008, 01:56 PM
When all of the media shills start shilling against the government, against their masters, that means that something big is coming.

I would not call this a sudden turn to truth and justice. I would cautiously wonder why so many of my enemies want to dine at my table, and why they no longer serve their powerful keepers.

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 01:58 PM
your knowledge of markets gives you the answer. they used to shill for the gov't because the gov't paid them off via corporate surrogates. now, they realize they are not included in the people who are getting paid off by the bailout.

they aren't inherintly evil people, they just had a job and their job was to speak on tv. they had rules provided by their employer. now they feel that theyre getting robbed, and their employers can't staff the TV news with theCEOS of AIG, there just isn't anyone poor enough to shill for them.

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 02:00 PM
the reason they wrote Ron Paul off last year is because they believed their rich corporate masters knew what was right, and tht ron paul was wrong. they had money coming in, so did their family, so oh well.

now, they see it differently.

me3
10-07-2008, 02:01 PM
your knowledge of markets gives you the answer. they used to shill for the gov't because the gov't paid them off via corporate surrogates. now, they realize they are not included in the people who are getting paid off by the bailout.
Uhm, no. You are far too trusting in the power of truth. These people are bought and sold. They do not have their own opinions. They do not represent the people, or even themselves.

It takes a certain kind of soulless creature to sell war and corruption to the unsuspecting and trusting. If one had a change of heart, maybe. But not several at once.

Life is not a fairytale. This new tact is a strategy shift at the top. The trick is to understand why they are re-framing the debate. Are they trying to whip up anti-government sentiment? Are they trying to encourage people to run towards the polls or government for solutions?

olehounddog
10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
NWS stock is tanking:D. They need to get ratings up. Just my .02.

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
they are not bought and sold when they work at a news organization,t hey get information about a huge inflationary pressure, and they did not receive a check fromFOXNEWS for a 1000% raise.

at that point they know they are not being bought and paid for.

right now foxnews does not have the money to "bail out" their staff.

me3
10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
they are not bought and sold when they work at a news organization,t hey get information about a huge inflationary pressure, and they did not receive a check fromFOXNEWS for a 1000% raise.

at that point they know they are not being bought and paid for.

right now foxnews does not have the money to "bail out" their staff.
That's absolute nonsense, unless you have proof to back it up.

I have decades of the 4th estate, including the characters you are talking about, selling out truth, liberty and humanity.

You truly must not understand how much money is behind the press. Basically, all of it. These people will be paid enough to say whatever it is they are commanded to say.

Really, your posts are super naive. We haven't even won a battle yet, and you're posting like the war is over...

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 02:13 PM
my proof is in their behavior. if your view is correct, then they will be firing everyone that is currently on the news.

the are being derisive, rude to the shill guests like the rothschild lady, lindsay graham, the presidential candidate surrogates.

the math doesn't make sense. yes, in the past four decades they did cooperate, but right now a lot of rich people are becoming poor. that is different than poor people becoming poorer. this is a whole new ballgame.

yes, the press is still paid for. they still put on shill guests, etc. but they don't have bankers sitting there in the room 24 hours a day. they are confined by an inefficient, weak corporate structure where they send down general rules and book certain guests. if the lower management starts disagreeing with the guys up top, then they can technically obey the rules, yet do the opposite. such as having a shill guest on and berating them.

the media is not all powerful. it is an organization with top down management, which tends to inefficiency.

i'm not saying its over and we won, im saying we won the heart of america, and now we have the ability to win by action.

fear and assuming there is an all seeing hand of doom steering us into a meat grinder is implausible. the truth is our enemies got too power hungry and drove themselves off a cliff. we can follow them, or we can not.

have you ever considered that the fact that every time ben bernanke speaks the market shoots down is because of the fact tht a bunch of traders were the people who were watching those youtube showdowns between bernanke and paul? and they dont believe him anymore?

constituent
10-07-2008, 02:13 PM
When all of the media shills start shilling against the government, against their masters, that means that something big is coming.

I would not call this a sudden turn to truth and justice. I would cautiously wonder why so many of my enemies want to dine at my table, and why they no longer serve their powerful keepers.

yes indeed.

georgiaboy
10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
my initial reaction after all the beatings Ron Paul got this year by Fox News is not to trust them.

Are our memories so short?

Wasn't it just last week and the week before that the media was using phrases like "rescue package", blaming "too little regulation", hysterical that Congress didn't pass the first bailout bill?

I smell election year politikin'.

Swmorgan77
10-07-2008, 02:42 PM
he just said that both mccain and obama are lying, the whole congress is lying, and the people are upset and he seems really upset, like he is having a paradigm shift right on tv.

He's just having a Glen Beck split-personality phase.

sratiug
10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
my proof is in their behavior. if your view is correct, then they will be firing everyone that is currently on the news.

the are being derisive, rude to the shill guests like the rothschild lady, lindsay graham, the presidential candidate surrogates.

the math doesn't make sense. yes, in the past four decades they did cooperate, but right now a lot of rich people are becoming poor. that is different than poor people becoming poorer. this is a whole new ballgame.

yes, the press is still paid for. they still put on shill guests, etc. but they don't have bankers sitting there in the room 24 hours a day. they are confined by an inefficient, weak corporate structure where they send down general rules and book certain guests. if the lower management starts disagreeing with the guys up top, then they can technically obey the rules, yet do the opposite. such as having a shill guest on and berating them.

the media is not all powerful. it is an organization with top down management, which tends to inefficiency.

i'm not saying its over and we won, im saying we won the heart of america, and now we have the ability to win by action.

fear and assuming there is an all seeing hand of doom steering us into a meat grinder is implausible. the truth is our enemies got too power hungry and drove themselves off a cliff. we can follow them, or we can not.

have you ever considered that the fact that every time ben bernanke speaks the market shoots down is because of the fact tht a bunch of traders were the people who were watching those youtube showdowns between bernanke and paul? and they dont believe him anymore?

Well said. In order to win, it is very helpful to believe you can, and will. If Shephard Smith is really from Holly Springs, Mississippi we should be able to turn him, regardless. Hardly anyone around here gives a flying fuck about the stock market. Nobody had money except the Worldcom people, for a while, and I don't remember Congress giving them billions. In fact, if irc, Bernie's in jail, is he not?

torchbearer
10-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Well said. In order to win, it is very helpful to believe you can, and will. If Shephard Smith is really from Holly Springs, Mississippi we should be able to turn him, regardless. Hardly anyone around here gives a flying fuck about the stock market. Nobody had money except the Worldcom people, for a while, and I don't remember Congress giving them billions. In fact, if irc, Bernie's in jail, is he not?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_Smith

Smith was born in Holly Springs, Mississippi, the son of Dora Ellen (née Anderson) and David Shepard Smith, Sr. Smith attended Marshall Academy, a K–12 private school in Holly Springs, Mississippi. Smith went on to attend the University of Mississippi. He majored in journalism, but left a few credits shy of graduation requirements. He frequently returns to the university during college football season and delivered the university's annual commencement address on May 10, 2008.[1]

Smith has declined to answer questions about his private life, having told Playboy, "I don't talk about those things. I won't tell you what church I go to or whether I go".[2]

He also talks about his home town every once in a blue moon on his show.

sratiug
10-07-2008, 02:57 PM

Maybe we should start a Bailout Bernie campaign. Give him a chunk of the 700 billion, just for old time's sake, and let him out of jail. Rich people and politicians can't be held accountable. It's against the law, isn't it?

misericordia
10-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Maybe 'they're' going to introduce some new 'savior', so now hey have to dermonize the system-to-date.

jcarcinogen
10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
I've seen him holding back his anger in the past when talking about Iraq, noticeably so it made me kinda like him. He is an anchor not a pundit so it is his job to read the questions and news on the teleprompter. He only has a little time to adlib.

moostraks
10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Uhm, no. You are far too trusting in the power of truth. These people are bought and sold. They do not have their own opinions. They do not represent the people, or even themselves.

It takes a certain kind of soulless creature to sell war and corruption to the unsuspecting and trusting. If one had a change of heart, maybe. But not several at once.

Life is not a fairytale. This new tact is a strategy shift at the top. The trick is to understand why they are re-framing the debate. Are they trying to whip up anti-government sentiment? Are they trying to encourage people to run towards the polls or government for solutions?

+1 They do not all just magically come to their senses. Average Joe may be broke but tptb are not and they aren't just going to sell the shills down the river before it is game over.

New army unit stationed in the states and they are whipping up anti-government sentiment which will in turn be taken up by the masses who eat, drink, and breath this crap they feed them. I was wondering why Paul was getting press time and *click* nows I gots it. Call me paranoid but I smell a trap.

Especially when people troll on here talking down morale by calling us kooks and bringing up bizarre incidents that occurred by a select few a year ago. Shovel that crap in here when new folks might come here to see Paul's views and what will their impression be? Or more aptly what type of folks will stick around?Furthermore I wonder if tptb think we are a bunch of pot smoking idiots who will act out if they just stoke the fire and put Paul out there with anti-FED sentiments.

You are dead on with the soulless creature part...Check your conscience at the door:( I would be real wary on bellieving the earnestness of any of msm change of hearts.

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 03:49 PM
+1 They do not all just magically come to their senses. Average Joe may be broke but tptb are not and they aren't just going to sell the shills down the river before it is game over.

no, they don't have to "magically" come to their senses about this. this directly affects prices that are affecting their cost of living ALREADY.

they are visibly angry.

did it ever occur to anyone that maybe ron paul wasn't breaking through to some people because they had to have their nose rubbed in it first? well now its happening. they are aware of the dung smell because they are having their face smeared in it right now.

they are sick from the kool aid, and throwing up.

Maverick
10-07-2008, 03:55 PM

Youtube or it didn't happen.

Johnnybags
10-07-2008, 03:58 PM
He just pissed because he is losing cash, fast. I hope NWS goes under.

BarryDonegan
10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
He just pissed because he is losing cash, fast. I hope NWS goes under.

just like i was "just pissed" about the patriot act.

people all have their own reasons, but stuff is moving fast.

georgiaboy
10-07-2008, 04:38 PM
...of course, either mccain or obama WILL win regardless... <sarcasm>

Let the MSM start cheering on Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, BJ Lawson, etc., show Americans the real solutions, dedicate themselves to ousting every politician who voted for the bailout on all their punditry forums.

That'll be something to get excited about.

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2008, 04:45 PM
my proof is in their behavior. If your view is correct, then they will be firing everyone that is currently on the news.

The are being derisive, rude to the shill guests like the rothschild lady, lindsay graham, the presidential candidate surrogates.

The math doesn't make sense. Yes, in the past four decades they did cooperate, but right now a lot of rich people are becoming poor. That is different than poor people becoming poorer. This is a whole new ballgame.

Yes, the press is still paid for. They still put on shill guests, etc. But they don't have bankers sitting there in the room 24 hours a day. They are confined by an inefficient, weak corporate structure where they send down general rules and book certain guests. If the lower management starts disagreeing with the guys up top, then they can technically obey the rules, yet do the opposite. Such as having a shill guest on and berating them.

The media is not all powerful. It is an organization with top down management, which tends to inefficiency.

I'm not saying its over and we won, im saying we won the heart of america, and now we have the ability to win by action.

+ 10,000

fear and assuming there is an all seeing hand of doom steering us into a meat grinder is implausible. The truth is our enemies got too power hungry and drove themselves off a cliff. We can follow them, or we can not.

Have you ever considered that the fact that every time ben bernanke speaks the market shoots down is because of the fact tht a bunch of traders were the people who were watching those youtube showdowns between bernanke and paul? And they dont believe him anymore?

++

nbruno322
10-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Cavuto and Beck have flipped. Why not others... Lets nurture the spirit of the Constitution and limited govt in Smith and others

jcarcinogen
10-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Talking to people I don't know rather than just my circle of friends, there seems to be a mass awakening that they can't trust government.

Meanwhile in DC... Proper legislation and contingency plans for the "continuity of government" is passed.

crackyflipside
10-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Talking to people I don't know rather than just my circle of friends, there seems to be a mass awakening that they can't trust government.

Yes and you must seize on that opportunity!!!

Talk to everyone you know especially the ones that don't have much a clue. To the majority of America this screw-up is just Bush's doing and the Republicans.

evilfunnystuff
10-07-2008, 10:04 PM
... enter x cia operative bob barr ?

jcarcinogen
10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes and you must seize on that opportunity!!!

Talk to everyone you know especially the ones that don't have much a clue. To the majority of America this screw-up is just Bush's doing and the Republicans.

Absolutely. But I try not to get too deep unless I know what angle to go. That's why I like wearing a stip of a white t-shirt as a wristband, an icebreaker. I say I think that the government is too big and mention the debt and try to gauge how they feel by their response.

Thx slaveuprising.com (http://slaveuprising.com/)

moostraks
10-08-2008, 07:57 AM
no, they don't have to "magically" come to their senses about this. this directly affects prices that are affecting their cost of living ALREADY.

they are visibly angry.

did it ever occur to anyone that maybe ron paul wasn't breaking through to some people because they had to have their nose rubbed in it first? well now its happening. they are aware of the dung smell because they are having their face smeared in it right now.

they are sick from the kool aid, and throwing up.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you. Believing that this many media representatives all had a change of heart is unfortunately not logical,imho. Life altering experiences affect people in numerous ways and for them all to have the same epiphany...well let's just say I look for other reasons more in line with their personalities. It is easier to believe this is just another plot in the msm spin for entertainment. They are entertainers now, not reporters espousing facts. As for the motives of tptb that draft the plot, well that seems yet to be seen.

fj45lvr
10-08-2008, 08:23 AM
We now know where Shep invested his dough, huh!!!!

acptulsa
10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
If you get caught lying repeatedly, be kind of honest for a while and the fools will start to trust you again.

Then you can go back to lying your ass off.

georgiaboy
10-08-2008, 08:52 AM
If you get caught lying repeatedly, be kind of honest for a while and the fools will start to trust you again.

Then you can go back to lying your ass off.

+1

MSM gets nervous, thinks people are ignoring them based on their recent bailout shilling, decides to go opposite to keep their audience...

freelance
10-08-2008, 08:53 AM

THIS!

I suspect that they got wind of Wayne Madsen's latest about them dotting the final Is and crossing the final Ts on the martial law plan.

No link. It's a subscription piece. Sorry--http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

Join The Paul Side
10-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Youtube or it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Kludge
10-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Hate this guy... Turned the channel even in my NeoCon days.

Ridiculous amount of makeup...

angelatc
10-08-2008, 10:27 AM
my initial reaction after all the beatings Ron Paul got this year by Fox News is not to trust them.

Are our memories so short?

Wasn't it just last week and the week before that the media was using phrases like "rescue package", blaming "too little regulation", hysterical that Congress didn't pass the first bailout bill?

I smell election year politikin'.

I am inclined to think that you're right. All it means is that people were beginning to feel segregated from the message. So they tweaked the message.

THis is just a ploy designed to appeal to the masses. When the time is right, the message will change again. And it won't be in our favor.

RCA
10-08-2008, 10:37 AM
tube?

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 10:43 AM
explain what the mechanics of this letter by letter manipulation would be?

I understand and agree that the corporations who own the media control the subjects that are covered, and put on guests who have viewpoints that are slanted in a particular way and tend to avoid covering things that go the other way, but the only way to do this is to send down directives in the company memos from the top dawg to the shows producers.

what you guys are suggesting, would be more along the lines of a team of people, 3 guys to every one involved in show production, combing every second of content to have a hypnotic, leading effect on the viewer.

the idea that this process could be happening with absolutely no whistleblowers suggesting it, to me, is ludicrous.

let's be realistic here. if you want to beat corporatism, beat it at its weakness, which is disorganization.

the people who believe in collectivism and such are not secretly manipulating every aspect of the world, they just were more organized a few years back, and therefor they have more control. they also made the case to everyone that their views are correct, and during that time, america was very rich. their plan showed to be very short sided, and is now headed towards poverty.

if you had your own TV corporation, would you put bill kristol on every day? no. would you put up opinion polls that made it look like Ron Paul was losing in the primaries. obviously not, because our media referenced online polls where he was winning.

everyone operates out of self interest... has anyone considered that maybe this particular economic downturn might have NOT been planned ahead of time? that it was caused by error?

http://ronpaulnews.net/2008/10/philly-fed-chief-to-cfr-dont-expect-too.html

that post seems to indicate that that might be the case. maybe their plan to slowly transfer wealth towards a global system speed up a little faster than they wanted. there is no evidence that they believe in Austrian Econ. and if they do not believe in it, then they have an inaccurate picture of market forces, and their central planning will sometimes fail, and not xfer the wealth in the right direction, at the right speed.

Did you guys ever consider that we ALREADY HAD a one world currency and government, and that it might be suffering such that there is a general international trend towards national sovereignty? the one world currency might have just been the US Dollar?

pacelli
10-08-2008, 10:52 AM
If anyone in the media is saying something, they're told to say it. How can it reasonably be that Fox will cut off interviews with people & go to commercials as soon as the person says something "out of line", but yet they allow Shep et al. to spout off? The answer is simple-- Moody's memos.

dirknb@hotmail.com
10-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Here's a blooper from Shepard that is sooooooo funny!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rnX9vJrn9o

too funny!

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
If anyone in the media is saying something, they're told to say it. How can it reasonably be that Fox will cut off interviews with people & go to commercials as soon as the person says something "out of line", but yet they allow Shep et al. to spout off? The answer is simple-- Moody's memos.

those are people reading those memos, not robots. and if you know anything about corporate design, the people reading those memos probably change quite a lot. it also might be a lot tougher to manipulate everyones view of the news, when new breaking news comes in so fast that you can't really even tell what views your supposed to be covering up.

for them to effectively push or lead the thought in directions that your talking about, would require 100% of everyone employed by a news corp to know all the fundamental basics of both sides. would this even be possible? would it make sense that a news corp sit their entire staff down, teach them an opposing viewpoint that they want to cover up, in great complexity, and teach them hundreds of terms that they must avoid and terms that they must use.

or is it more along the lines of one memo is sent to one news agency, everyone else follows like lemmings, and sometimes the memos contradict the hosts views and they get little jabs in their to let you know they don't really agree.

it just makes more sense to me. why would they even have allowed ron paul on tv ever in the first place if this was the case.

IMO they allowed him on TV because they thought he was a moron, and that his ideas were stupid, and pointless.

i think they might not be so sure anymore.

pacelli
10-08-2008, 11:11 AM
for them to effectively push or lead the thought in directions that your talking about, would require 100% of everyone employed by a news corp to know all the fundamental basics of both sides. would this even be possible? would it make sense that a news corp sit their entire staff down, teach them an opposing viewpoint that they want to cover up, in great complexity, and teach them hundreds of terms that they must avoid and terms that they must use.

It would not require 100% of everyone employed by News Corp to know all of the fundamental basics of both sides. It only requires that 100% of the anchors follow their teleprompters, and improvisations follow the gist of the memo from the boss.

or is it more along the lines of one memo is sent to one news agency, everyone else follows like lemmings, and sometimes the memos contradict the hosts views and they get little jabs in their to let you know they don't really agree.

This is also probable, and not a mutually exclusive option.

it just makes more sense to me. why would they even have allowed ron paul on tv ever in the first place if this was the case.

Because they understood that Ron Paul increased their ratings.

IMO they allowed him on TV because they thought he was a moron, and that his ideas were stupid, and pointless.

i think they might not be so sure anymore.

That's certainly the way they smeared him. When Ron Paul stops boosting their ratings, you won't see him on FoxNews any more.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 11:24 AM
you're assuming that ron paul will stop boosting their ratings.

what if he continues to boost their ratings until he dies of old age, and then the best looking, most eloquent politician who takes on his leadership becomes president of the united states of america.

pacelli
10-08-2008, 11:40 AM
you're assuming that ron paul will stop boosting their ratings.

what if he continues to boost their ratings until he dies of old age, and then the best looking, most eloquent politician who takes on his leadership becomes president of the united states of america.

Great point, and thanks for pointing out my assumption. I hope he continues to boost their ratings until the day he dies. I think that if a more eloquent & polished politician takes Ron's place, the media will test him or her out and see how their ratings compare. If that politician knows how to 'use the media' and stay in the spotlight, there's a good chance that that person will be both loved and attacked viciously by the media.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 12:11 PM
it was frank luntz that went on TV effectively saying that a presidential candidate should basically steal ron pauls speech on the house floor about the bailout and run on that.

frank luntz. that frank luntz. he said that ron pauls phenomena goes "across party lines" and that it needs to be incorporated into a winning candidates rhetoric.