PDA

View Full Version : Expect a Revolt Against the Bailout

stick
10-07-2008, 01:09 PM
David Asman
FOXBusiness

What happened last week won’t go away. A lot of politicians who went against the will of their voters were hoping it would all be forgotten by Election Day. But it won’t be forgotten.

That’s because the bailout obviously wasn’t a quick fix. As we saw again with Monday’s huge stock market drop, the markets don’t behave the way politicians tell them to behave. Just like voters don’t behave the way politicians tell us to. For weeks, we’ve been told in a very condescending way that we didn’t understand this mess…that the “experts” know how to fix things better than we do. These are the same “experts” who were asleep at the wheel about monitoring Fannie and Freddie and all the worst culprits in this mess. And now these “experts” are telling us like children that we just don’t understand. In short, the politicians who helped get us in this mess are adding insult to injury as they’re engaging in the biggest money and power grab in my lifetime.

How could there not be a political uprising against this? Eventually, some politician or group of politicians will harness this discontent. Maybe it will be a true outsider…someone like Howard Jarvis, who started a nationwide tax revolt in 1978.

But it will come. I have no doubt. And when it does, we will be closer to getting the People’s House and all our houses in order.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/expect-revolt-bailout/

HOW BOUT THEM APPLES?
Lets make it come true....

dawnbt
10-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Sounds like they are trying to instigate a riot to me.

politicsNproverbs
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I really like the PINK SLIP idea.

TER
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
The Revolution is already underway...

ronpaulhawaii
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Nice 1st and 2nd post :D

E komo mai e ka hale o lipaki hoʻomana popoki (welcome ;))

:)

AbolishTheGovt
10-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Here's their revolt. (http://www.11-05.com)

wizardwatson
10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Or maybe the problems will just keep coming and people will be more worried about feeding their family.

InterestedParticipant
10-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Precisely. Don't fall for it!

Let's just focus on replacing Congress with 3rd Party Candidates.

billjarrett
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Precisely. Don't fall for it!

Let's just focus on replacing Congress with 3rd Party Candidates.

Because our one third party guy in the district is a write in, and as far as I can tell never even bothered campaigning?

The Good Doctor
10-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I am moreso waiting for the panic selling. Then you will have people going nuts and revolting.

me3
10-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes. What is the motivation of the press suddenly finding it's balls? They have shilled for debt, enslavement, destruction of civil liberties, war and corruption before.

Why the sudden change of heart?

Sarge
10-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Likely because they are starting to see their potential retirements wiped out.

When they eventually turn, I bet they have saved some memo's that could blow the lid off the big ones.

ronpaulhawaii
10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Yes. What is the motivation of the press suddenly finding it's balls? They have shilled for debt, enslavement, destruction of civil liberties, war and corruption before.

Why the sudden change of heart?

Perhaps they are trying to maintain what ragged threads of credibility they have left, in light of the 90% NO BAILOUT numbers...