PDA

View Full Version : If I were Obama's campaign manager...

JoshLowry
10-07-2008, 12:16 PM
I would encourage Obama to take his name off the ballot in Texas and have him hold a press conference. Obama would talk about how John McCain and him should both follow the rules of Texas and not be on the ballot for that state. It would put a spotlight/pressure on McCain, forcing him to make a move.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/09/16/bob_barr_lawsuit.html

Obama is not going to win Texas, so even if McCain leaves his name on the ballot, Obama scores major points across the nation for following the rules.

Obama should back Barr on this issue if he wants some big points. They should be in close contact with each other.

If they both remove their names off the ballot in Texas, then that = win for Obama.

It really is a win-win situation for him.

PSA: Obama and McCain are both turds.

MRoCkEd
10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
mcbama doesn't approve

ItsTime
10-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Ya it is a win win for him. He should do it.

Uriel999
10-07-2008, 01:03 PM
While Mcbama is at it he should take his name off the other 49 states...

Isaac Bickerstaff
10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't think he cares so much about winning or losing. The purpose of this election is to disrespect federal and state laws to the point that people will not bring them up when discussing "larger"issues.

Obeying the law would set a bad example.

yongrel
10-07-2008, 01:24 PM
That's too far outside of Axelrod's usual style. The Obama campaign has been very good at not making waves, and they will continue to do so, I think.

Don't Barack the boat...

SWATH
10-07-2008, 01:34 PM
If I were his campaign manager I would advise that he wear a creepy clown suit while campaigning, admit to having a torrid love affair with John McCain, snort some crack in between pauses on stump speeches, light up a joint while giving an interview, then turn himself into the local authorities for a "self-admitted" indulgence in necrophilia and engaging in conspiracy to subvert the Constitution of the United States with John McCain.

constituent
10-07-2008, 01:55 PM
snort some crack

people snort crack?

Kotin
10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
are you Barack Obama's campaign manager?

Matt Collins
10-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for copying my idea from a few weeks ago: ;):p

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1691792&postcount=11

Matt Collins
10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh and I did e-mail the LP of TX as well as the DP of TX with this idea. I also sent the idea to the DNC.

The only ones who responded were those from the TX LP. I guess the DP of TX and DNC have the same e-mail response turn-around time as the CFL/RP Campaign :rolleyes:

constitutional
10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I would encourage Obama to take his name off the ballot in Texas and have him hold a press conference. Obama would talk about how John McCain and him should both follow the rules of Texas and not be on the ballot for that state. It would put a spotlight/pressure on McCain, forcing him to make a move.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/09/16/bob_barr_lawsuit.html

Obama is not going to win Texas, so even if McCain leaves his name on the ballot, Obama scores major points across the nation for following the rules.

Obama should back Barr on this issue if he wants some big points. They should be in close contact with each other.

If they both remove their names off the ballot in Texas, then that = win for Obama.

It really is a win-win situation for him.

PSA: Obama and McCain are both turds.

Woah, you'd be one bad campaign manager if you plan on collaborating with Barr. And I doubt an average Americans cares whether they follow rules or not because average american doesn't understand the rules!

JoshLowry
10-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh and I did e-mail the LP of TX as well as the DP of TX with this idea. I also sent the idea to the DNC.

The only ones who responded were those from the TX LP. I guess the DP of TX and DNC have the same e-mail response turn-around time as the CFL/RP Campaign :rolleyes:

Never saw that post, nice.

Woah, you'd be one bad campaign manager if you plan on collaborating with Barr. And I doubt an average Americans care whether they follow rules or not because average american doesn't understand the rules!

Heh, it's all about winning, no?

Monolithic
10-07-2008, 03:00 PM
That's too far outside of Axelrod's usual style. The Obama campaign has been very good at not making waves, and they will continue to do so, I think.

Don't Barack the boat...

this

that's not how axelrod rolls