PDA

View Full Version : New Radio Station Mentioned RP

Mani
09-06-2007, 08:10 AM
During my commute I usually tune in at 9AM and the local news radio station gives a summary little tid bits of national/global news then local news, the whole thing is like 3-5 minutes (includes traffic and weather) and they change subjects pretty quickly.

They opened their headlines with Fred thompson's announcement, then mentioned the debate and give little sound bites from 3 candidates. One of Guiliani saying he's the 9/11 crisis guy (what a big surprise), then one of McCain saying he was a leader of a big army (or something like that).

Then one of Brownback saying foreign policy experience is necessary, a learning curve is not an option.

Then they mentioned congressman Ron Paul, and gave a summary of what he said, something like, the current candidates have the wrong stuff.

Granted it wasn't a soundbite and just a summary, but I was pleased to hear RP get his name mentioned. That has never happened before. What's more surprising is Mitt was omitted and RP was included.

I know it's just a headline news blurb, but hearing his name even on a headline news blurb is pretty rare, especially when I figured they would just go with Mitt or Huckabee.

BuddyRey
09-06-2007, 08:14 AM
That's great to hear!

I may be way off on this one, but I think that diner patron's question to Mitt last night, the one about his sons, and Mitt's subsequent meandering, indirect response, effectively put a hurtin' on his chances. He's digging his own political grave.