PDA

View Full Version : I Got Banned For Hannity

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
JUST WENT THERE THIS MORNING AND LOOK WHAT IT SAYS

You have been banned for the following reason:
Paulette Troll

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE I BUMPED INTO THE HANNITY MODERATOR OVER ON THE FRED THOMPSON FORUM TOLD HIM SOMETHING AKIN TO HES OUTTA TOUCH AND RON PAUL RULES.

njandrewg
09-06-2007, 08:12 AM
that forum is a lost cause...anything negative they view as liberal propoganda, and believe anything they hear on FOX.

They are like rabid dogs, foaming at the mouth, ready to pounce anyone who disagrees the slightest bit with them. But hey they wouldn't be on Hannity forum otherwise.

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 08:13 AM
that forum is a lost cause...anything negative they view as liberal propoganda, and believe anything they hear on FOX.

They are like rabid dogs, foaming at the mouth, ready to pounce anyone who disagrees the slightest bit with them. But hey they wouldn't be on Hannity forum otherwise.

Yeah but Ivr been over there for some weeks.. and NOW after Ron Pauls great debate performance im banned.. Looks like theyre trying to dig in and repulse the onslaught.. it wont work.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 08:14 AM
LOL. Join the club.

After a little while, they'll let you go over there and read (as a guest) but not post. That's what I do now. But I've noticed there are fewer and fewer people over there all the time....:D

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 08:15 AM
LOL. Join the club.

After a little while, they'll let you go over there and read (as a guest) but not post. That's what I do now. But I've noticed there are fewer and fewer people over there all the time....:D

I dont even think I can read over there.. it just pops up with the banned screen.. I think they banned my IP

wgadget
09-06-2007, 08:16 AM
It will be about 30 days or so, if I recall correctly.

Cowlesy
I'm sorry, but who the hell cares about Sean Hannity's forum? Most people can barely stand watching him on TV, and definitely don't go on his forum.

It's a non-issue!!! And I hope they read this post, those chimps.

shrugged0106
document it, blog it and digg it for all the public to see.

I feel that the more this type of censorship and mistreatment of members of their own party is publicized, the more it will start to wake u the sleepy massses who have brains but have just turned them to the standby setting of late.

wgadget
They Are Shakin' In Their Stinky, Sweaty Boots.

LibertyEagle
Well Mike, consider it a badge of honor. :) When they get pissy, that means they are getting nervous. lol.

njandrewg
09-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I dont even think I can read over there.. it just pops up with the banned screen.. I think they banned my IP

clear your cookies and you'll be able to

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't think I would be upset about being banned from Hannity any more than I would from Kim Jung Il's website. Don't sweat it Bro.

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 08:20 AM
clear your cookies and you'll be able to

Okay Ill try it.. I just tried sending them this email and it got returned:

We have our lessons..

"When we sacrifice Liberty for Security we lose both" - Ben Franklin 1776 & Ron
Paul 2007

i didnt think you guys would be so upset just because Ron Paul exposed the
neo-conservatives for what they are - a bunch of disaffected democrats.

Id like to see a T-Shirt for this too... quoting both Franklin and Ron Paul.

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I don't think I would be upset about being banned from Hannity any more than I would from Kim Jung Il's website. Don't sweat it Bro.

Im not upset at all.. I find it funny.. Theyll kick off all the RP supporters and delude themselves that they are winning... the Hannity moderators remind me of Baghdad Bob... Remember that guy. "We are winning"

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 08:22 AM
I cleared my cookies.. didnt work.. it seems to be an ban of my IP address

paulitics
09-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I think they get upset when everything is Paul this and Paul that. Im contemplating joining just to whoop some neocon butt on the issues over there.
They got some splaining to do about how the hell they can want to nuke IRAN. This is like Hitler marching into France. Iraq was our Poland. These guys are insane maniacs and want to start WW3. ANd yes, this one probably will start WW3 because China and Russia are involved.

micahnelson
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Bannity strikes again. I was another one.

Matt Collins
09-06-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry, but who the hell cares about Sean Hannity's forum? Most people can barely stand watching him on TV, and definitely don't go on his forum.

It's a non-issue!!! And I hope they read this post, those chimps.
The reason we should defend him using rational, intelligent, and non-confrontational arguments over there is because MANY more people read than post on any forum. It creates a buzz, and presents our side of things and allows those with open minds to make their own choice. We are not trying to persuade any of the NeoCon idiots, but we are going after the moderates and the conservatives that read the site.

PaleoConservative
09-06-2007, 08:33 AM
You can also go to websites that block your ip address from being shown. You've got to at least flaunt it in their face that their puny little pathetic ban attempt won't work. LOL. If I can figure out ways to get around IP bans, trust me, so can you.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 08:47 AM

wgadget
09-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Dang, all you techies make me feel so stupid. I'm just a lowly pianist.

But I guess I could get my teenage son to figure it out for me. :o

I was driving him crazy last night asking him to help me get my live stream streaming.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 08:57 AM
If I can do it anybody can do it.

Trust me.

Matt Collins
09-06-2007, 09:03 AM
RP is getting trashed here - we should go defend him:

(remember to cut and paste so Hannity doesn't see the referrer logs)

h ttp://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=314201
h ttp://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=314101
h ttp://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=253219
h ttp://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=308441

JoshLowry
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I removed a few of my posts. I don't want to be misconstrued as wanting to start a forum turf war.

Please be respectful even when they don't play nice. There are better ways of spreading the word than Hannity's forums.

paulitics
09-06-2007, 09:24 AM
exactly. The best way is to inject reason on issues not Ron Paul cheerleading. The lurkers will see who is reasonable and who is not. The lurkers are important, not those meatheads with 50,000 posts.

DJ RP
09-06-2007, 09:27 AM
This site will hide your ip for you :)

http://www.hidemyass.com/

Oddball
09-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I can't believe some of you dingleberries are saying that things you have, on an open forum.

First of all, I've taken an indefinite hiatus from posting over at that forum because of my utter weariness of the very slack-jawed knuckle-dragging neocon cement heads, who will more than certainly show up here in the unforunate event of the board war, that some of you twits seem to be sporting for.

Secondly, I have a lot of friends there who would be extremely disappointed over another ban on all topics involving Dr. Paul, like the one that happened after the first spam and flood fest that transpired after the first Faux News debate.

The fact that this crap is even being discussed seems to me a pretty good indicator that those of you who got 86ed from Hannity's probably deserved it.

Now, I wish Josh would lock this thread and make it vanish.

micahnelson
09-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I got banned because of a misunderstanding of the word "retread". I thought it just meant like, rehashing. I sarcastically apologized for "retreadding" old topics- since all they seemed to know about Ron Paul was his shrimp earmarks. Well I got banned. I explained it to the moderator, and have heard nothing since then.

I was trying to give reasoned responses to those who could have a debate on the merits of honesty.... but of course... that is a silly thing to try and do among the soundbyte crowd.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Tell me about it.

But sitting around talking about how to bypass bans and peripherally fomenting a forum war does neither board any good.

Bob Cochran
09-06-2007, 10:14 AM
I feel that the more this type of censorship...
It's technically not censorship. An online forum whose hosting is paid for with private money can ban anyone they like. It's kind of like, if someone is a guest in your living room, and they start saying things you don't care for, you have every right to bounce them out.

But let me add that the Hannity-ites are very wrong on many issues, of course.

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Im not upset at all.. I find it funny.. Theyll kick off all the RP supporters and delude themselves that they are winning... the Hannity moderators remind me of Baghdad Bob... Remember that guy. "We are winning"

I know exactly what you mean. Just like the polls that don't include Ron Paul's name and then they say, "see-Ron Paul only has 1%".

I am tempted to start a thread encouraging RP supporters to engage on Ayn Rands tactics iee, showing them the absurdity of their beliefs by giving them ALL they want and more.

I'll use the manditory minimum wage issue as an example. They claim that a minimum wage will reduce poverty and that no one can live on $5.35 an hour.

Well if this philosophy has any real merit then it would logically follow that if we set the minimum wage @ $100.00 per hour, there would be no more poverty at all in America. Argue for their cause. Give them ALL of what they want and more to show how absurd their position is.

I suggest we go into these Hannityesq websites and make their case for them and give them all they argue for. We should make our case that freedom is really at the whim of government officials who just want to protect us. We should make a case that marijuana should not be legal, nor should cigarettes or alcohol. That not only should we not pull our troops home from Iraq, but we should occupy every country on the planet.
Whenever they make their case that Muslims hate us for our freedom we should try to sound like morons and go with the flow once in a while. Go in there and say ridiculous things while claiming to agree wirh Bush and Hannity. Yeah those ragheads hate us for our freedom so we should nuke the entire Middle East and get it over with. We should steal their oil and put cameras up on every building so we can watch Muslims to prevent them from attacking us again.
I agree with Ghoulaini. Cameras should be placed everywhere in this country, police should be able to stop and search my wife and demand of her her papers and if she doesn't have them lock her ass up and throw away the key because how can we have a safe and orderly society without the government controlling us?

I mean if we're being accused of spamming polls and internet games we could play internet games like they haven't seen yet. Take on some other monicker and go in there fighting on their side while trying to sound like the biggest moron on the planet who supports Fred Thompson or RudyMCRomney.

born2drv
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
PLEASE READ:
Hey guys, my name on the hannity.com website is Assyrian (I tried to register as born2drv but it wouldn't let me).

Listen, there are a lot of die hard republicans on that website, so it's no secret the majority are in favor of the war in Iraq and would never vote for Paul. It's no secret that a lot of them also are small government, God-fearing, 2nd amendment loving people. You'd be surprised how many of them really like some of Ron Paul's stances on some issues even though they'd never vote for him. I'm pleading with you guys, PLEASE don't spam that website, it's just making Ron Paul look bad. Don't register and post a 1-liner, or "Ron Paul RUlez" or whatever, this is not helping the cause, we don't want to look like spammers.

If you do go on hannity.com, please be respectful, please don't post new topics if you're relatively new, if you have something to say about RP please keep it factual or state you opinion in a respectful manner, and they will respect you back and debate you. That's what it's all about here.

You have to remember RP is running as a Republican, we have to embrace the republican party everywhere both online and offline, join their clubs, their organizations, their online message boards, etc, BUT PLEASE be respectful.

I know some of you have been, I'm sorry if the moderators took a heavy handed approach on you, but that just illustrates the point that the spammers are only hurting our efforts to reach those in other republican communities. So please if you're going to go on the hannity.com website stick around, engage in ALL discussions, not just Ron Paul or presidential politics, and try to become members of the community.

Thanks,
Yosef

Bouhk
09-06-2007, 01:04 PM
I've been banned from Sean Hannity's site over 12-times! They ban you if you are smart and not neo-supportive enough.

born2drv
09-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Please also read this thread guys:
http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=315121

Bouhk
09-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I was also run off Power Line News Forum by far-left neo-conservatives. There is no moderator there and its like the movie Lord of the flies and everybody is assassinating those who disagree with the New Order of Chaos. Most of my problems started by posting these topics

Global Warming: www.plnewsforum.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/22893

Kind solution to big problem:
www.plnewsforum.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/19879

Genesis proven: www.plnewsforum.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/19879/P270 (see first Origen post).

I seldom ever received a humane reply and was ganged up on and mocked by those who called themselves educated[?] The mod (if indeed there ever was one) never did anything to restore order to the forum and almost everyone is a troll. I was told to leave because they disagreed with me. Sound American? Sound Conservative?

kahless
09-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I found these forums after getting banned at hannity.com. I have posted over there over the years without a problem. Then after watching the debate last night I posted this (first post in a year) and I got banned as a "paulette".

With Ron Paul leading the FOX News text vote, Hannity has been unable to contain his displeasure that it is driving him crazy. Then later claimed the only reason why Ron Paul is winning is that his supporters are continually text messaging.

As we sit here watching the debate a friend of mine who is a Paul supporter tried to see if this is a valid claim Hannity was making. However the response was thank you but you have already voted.

Hannity and FOXnews are so obvious over the top against Ron Paul it may actually back fire. For one I would likely not be posting here if I did not get banned over there for calling Hannity out on his BS.

Bouhk
09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I used to be known as FEZZILLA and then I was Origen, and then after many other logins I was Bouhk and then I was three other names, hehehehehe!!!!!

allyinoh
09-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I was a member at a site for over a year and when I started really getting into debates about Ron Paul, I was banned for being a troll.

How does a member of a site for over a year suddenly become a troll? My husband was banned a day later and hadn't logged on in a month.

I was told it had nothing to do with Ron Paul but when I tried logging in I got this lovely message.

You have been banned. Go find a Ron Paul forum to join.

Ban lifted: Never.

Well if it had nothing to do with Ron Paul, why would the admin put "Find a RP forum to join?"

It doesn't bother me but people need to know that there are people out there who want to silence RP supporters.

On a site I am on currently, a member there said, "Ron Paul supporters should be alienated." They are going out of their way to treat us like outcasts.

But as the saying goes, "Keep talking, you're making me famous." Those people on those sites talk more about RP than the people they support or even Democrats so it helps with the name recognition I guess.

win32mfc
09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
JUST WENT THERE THIS MORNING AND LOOK WHAT IT SAYS
You have been banned for the following reason:
Paulette Troll

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I was on it too. I got banned for "Contempt of HOST" for mentioning, in a post, that Hannity was wrong in what he said in the post-debate.

I re-applied with another username and email address, then got banned for "Retread Paulette Troll"

They love to censor over there. Anything that doesn't flow their way must be eradicated!

PaulSupporter08
09-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I am a ranking member of the Ron Paul 2008 Campaign. Let me say, I am appalled by what I see here. How dare you? How dare you sully the good name of Dr. Paul by acting in such a manner? What makes you think you have the right to go to message boards, PRIVATELY owned message boards such as Sean Hannity's and act in this way? Have you no idea the damage you inflict upon our efforts? Have you no idea the number of voters and undecideds you are turning off by acting like selfish, immature, childish, spoiled brats? I have to insist that you cease and desist these actions immediately. You have absolutely NO right to go to a privately owned message board and break their rules in the good name of Dr. Ron Paul. You are doing a better job of hurting his image and campaign than ANY democrat or neocon could. It's pathetic.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I was a member at a site for over a year and when I started really getting into debates about Ron Paul, I was banned for being a troll.

How does a member of a site for over a year suddenly become a troll? My husband was banned a day later and hadn't logged on in a month.

If you felt so inclined to rejoin the forum (for what reason I cannot fathom) I'd register as "temp(handle)" and plead your case on the mod board.

As freakish as some of the locals can be, the mods aren't totally unreasonable.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I am a ranking member of the Ron Paul 2008 Campaign. Let me say, I am appalled by what I see here. How dare you? How dare you sully the good name of Dr. Paul by acting in such a manner? What makes you think you have the right to go to message boards, PRIVATELY owned message boards such as Sean Hannity's and act in this way? Have you no idea the damage you inflict upon our efforts? Have you no idea the number of voters and undecideds you are turning off by acting like selfish, immature, childish, spoiled brats? I have to insist that you cease and desist these actions immediately. You have absolutely NO right to go to a privately owned message board and break their rules in the good name of Dr. Ron Paul. You are doing a better job of hurting his image and campaign than ANY democrat or neocon could. It's pathetic.

Damn straight!

nevesis
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
a guy commented that "well we haven't had a 9/11 since the DHS was formed so we obviously need it"

and i replied "that's fallacious -- you're confusing cause and effect."

and i got banned.

evidently logic is against forum rules.

nevesis
09-06-2007, 02:04 PM

I don't agree with their actions, but... they have EVERY right to do just that.

If you're a ranking member of the Paul campaign, I'm scared, because what you just said is exactly what Dr. Paul is AGAINST.

Perhaps you should reword your post to lose the authoritarian approach and instead ask nicely and explain your reasoning.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 02:09 PM
It's authoritarian to implore people to respect another's property??

Mmmmmmm'kaaayyyyyyy. :rolleyes:

1000-points-of-fright
09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
a guy commented that "well we haven't had a 9/11 since the DHS was formed so we obviously need it"

and i replied "that's fallacious -- you're confusing cause and effect."

and i got banned.

They probably thought you said "fellatio".

nevesis
09-06-2007, 02:12 PM
It's authoritarian to implore people to respect another's property??

Mmmmmmm'kaaayyyyyyy. :rolleyes:

i fully agree with his point -- but his method of demanding that said posters "cease and desist immediately" since he is a "ranking member" of the campaign is contrary to the freedom Paul argues for.

amonasro
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
With all due respect, most of us are over there debating like civilized people and backing up our arguments with good sources. You just have to be careful to not get emotional. Anyway the mods are heavy-handed against Paul supporters because there are so many of them kicking ass that they can't stand it. They can't stand that they are being taken to school in politics and history... most of their education comes from FOX and other talking heads.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
With all due respect, most of us are over there debating like civilized people and backing up our arguments with good sources. You just have to be careful to not get emotional. Anyway the mods are heavy-handed against Paul supporters because there are so many of them kicking ass that they can't stand it. They can't stand that they are being taken to school in politics and history... most of their education comes from FOX and other talking heads.

Unfortunately, a lot of people got caught up in the mass banning which followed the first Faux News debate, when the forum had been overrun with spammers and flooders. I don't know what criteria they used, but none of the long-standing libertarian members I know of were banned.

PaulSupporter08
09-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't agree with their actions, but... they have EVERY right to do just that. No they most certainly do NOT.

If you're a ranking member of the Paul campaign, I'm scared, because what you just said is exactly what Dr. Paul is AGAINST. If that's what you believe, you're a very confused individual. He is a STAUNCH supporter of private property rights. Those include the right to remove ANYone from a privately owned message board for ANY reasoned deemed appropriate by those in authority.

Perhaps you should reword your post to lose the authoritarian approach and instead ask nicely and explain your reasoning.

These people are making Dr. Paul look like an idiot that supports breaking the rules of privately owned message boards to get his message out. Much like those morons that are "tagging" freeway underpasses with spray-painted "Ron Paul" slogans. Do you think Dr. Paul supports these kind of actions? I can assure you he does not. The reason I am here is because I received a phone call from Campaign Headquarters about this nonsense. A technical support person from Mr. Hannity's website called Campaign Headquarters about this. You have NO right to free speech on a privately owned message board. None. You have NO right to use Dr. Paul's name when breaking said rules. I'm inclined to believe that you aren't really Ron Paul supporters, but neocon and democrat plants sent out to sully his name and ruin his reputation.

kahless
09-06-2007, 02:16 PM

Becareful pal of who you are making accusations of "breaking rules" since it is regular posters that are not breaking the rules that are getting banned over there.

I had participated in debates in Hannity forums for years without a problem since I always follows the rules. Last night I posted a fact about Ron Paul on the board and was permanently banned. No rule breakage involved.

nevesis
09-06-2007, 02:16 PM
No they most certainly do NOT.

If that's what you believe, you're a very confused individual. He is a STAUNCH supporter of private property rights. Those include the right to remove ANYone from a privately owned message board for ANY reasoned deemed appropriate by those in authority.

These people are making Dr. Paul look like an idiot that supports breaking the rules of privately owned message boards to get his message out. Much like those morons that are "tagging" freeway underpasses with spray-painted "Ron Paul" slogans. Do you think Dr. Paul supports these kind of actions? I can assure you he does not. The reason I am here is because I received a phone call from Campaign Headquarters about this nonsense. A technical support person from Mr. Hannity's website called Campaign Headquarters about this. You have NO right to free speech on a privately owned message board. None. You have NO right to use Dr. Paul's name when breaking said rules. I'm inclined to believe that you aren't really Ron Paul supporters, but neocon and democrat plants sent out to sully his name and ruin his reputation.

You're missing the point.

The point is that YOU are in NO position to tell these people what they CAN or CANNOT do.

You can ASK nicely, and defend your request with a reasonable argument. (which, isn't difficult, considering you're 100% right.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Speaking of trolls....

Oddball
09-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Becareful pal of who you are making accusations of "breaking rules" since it is regular posters that are not breaking the rules that are getting banned over there.

I had participated in debates in Hannity forums for years without a problem since I always follows the rules. Last night I posted a fact about Ron Paul on the board and was permanently banned. No rule breakage involved.

What was your handle??

PaulSupporter08
09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
You're missing the point.

The point is that YOU are in NO position to tell these people what they CAN or CANNOT do.

You can ASK nicely, and defend your request with a reasonable argument. (which, isn't difficult.)

When I have been asked by Campaign Headquarters to try and quell this situation regarding the use of Dr. Paul's name, I most certainly do have the right. If you people aren't mature enough to make a responsible decision on your own, someone has to lead you in the correct direction. Reading through this topic shows me that leadership is needed. Leaders lead, they don't use limp wristed whiny tactics. True supporters of Dr. Paul would respect his wishes. They wouldn't want to ruin his reputation or harm his efforts in any way. These tactics are simply devastating to Dr. Paul's message.

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I for one have been banned from Republican forums simply for disagreeing with them and making a very good and reasoned argument. Most libertarians and Ron Paul supporters are very well informed about a variety of issues as I am. I know that I'm well informed because just about all I ever do is read and research issues, American history, the Constitution and the political process in general.
I also know that I'm a tough cookie to deal with because I'm well informed and its frustrating to my debating oponents.
Look what they did to Ron Paul last night. He makes reasoned arguments based in Constitutional principles and these so called "conservatives" laughed at him while he was trying to answer the moderators. If he was in one of their forums they would have deleted his account for making such rash statements. You know it and we all know it.

nevesis
09-06-2007, 02:49 PM
When I have been asked by Campaign Headquarters to try and quell this situation regarding the use of Dr. Paul's name, I most certainly do have the right. If you people aren't mature enough to make a responsible decision on your own, someone has to lead you in the correct direction. Reading through this topic shows me that leadership is needed. Leaders lead, they don't use limp wristed whiny tactics. True supporters of Dr. Paul would respect his wishes. They wouldn't want to ruin his reputation or harm his efforts in any way. These tactics are simply devastating to Dr. Paul's message.

Are you completely ignoring what I am saying here?

You have no right to tell anybody how to act in their free time on public forums.

You have every right to ask them nicely to change, and to explain to them how it is in the best interest of Ron Paul to do so. (which we all agree with!)

Hannity has every right to ban us all from his forum for any reason he wants.

paulitics
09-06-2007, 02:54 PM
PLEASE READ:
Hey guys, my name on the hannity.com website is Assyrian (I tried to register as born2drv but it wouldn't let me).

Listen, there are a lot of die hard republicans on that website, so it's no secret the majority are in favor of the war in Iraq and would never vote for Paul. It's no secret that a lot of them also are small government, God-fearing, 2nd amendment loving people. You'd be surprised how many of them really like some of Ron Paul's stances on some issues even though they'd never vote for him. I'm pleading with you guys, PLEASE don't spam that website, it's just making Ron Paul look bad. Don't register and post a 1-liner, or "Ron Paul RUlez" or whatever, this is not helping the cause, we don't want to look like spammers.

If you do go on hannity.com, please be respectful, please don't post new topics if you're relatively new, if you have something to say about RP please keep it factual or state you opinion in a respectful manner, and they will respect you back and debate you. That's what it's all about here.

You have to remember RP is running as a Republican, we have to embrace the republican party everywhere both online and offline, join their clubs, their organizations, their online message boards, etc, BUT PLEASE be respectful.

I know some of you have been, I'm sorry if the moderators took a heavy handed approach on you, but that just illustrates the point that the spammers are only hurting our efforts to reach those in other republican communities. So please if you're going to go on the hannity.com website stick around, engage in ALL discussions, not just Ron Paul or presidential politics, and try to become members of the community.

Thanks,
Yosef

I agree. I lurk over there and phew, I don't know how you can keep your cool with guys who say Hillary is more conservative than Paul. I would lose my temper, and is why I don't register.

PaulSupporter08
09-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Do you honestly think Dr. Paul supports this behavior?

nevesis
09-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Do you honestly think Dr. Paul supports this behavior?

No - not at all.

Have you ever taken an introduction to logic course? Are you so obtuse that you don't understand what I'm saying to you?

Please do go about and ask spammers to stop. Explain to them that they are doing more harm to the campaign than good. I hope they agree with that logic and quit posting inane messages.

But you do not have the right to demand that anyone stops, and they don't have an obligation to stop.

(edit: anyone else get the idea that PaulSupporter08 is from Hannity forums?)

Syren123
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I seldom ever received a humane reply and was ganged up on and mocked by those who called themselves educated[?] The mod (if indeed there ever was one) never did anything to restore order to the forum and almost everyone is a troll. I was told to leave because they disagreed with me. Sound American? Sound Conservative?

Sounds knuckle-dragging.

trispear
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
That's bullshit. I did what you said weeks back and got banned 5 posts in even though I never said anything inflammatory or attacked anyone nor even started a topic. They don't debate you back in a respectful manner and they ban you for 1/100th the fraction of others.

Look, I know you came here on reconrick's prodding, but don't legitimize his latest excuse to hate on RP or his supporters because he'll always have another one. He's an idiot. No one over there goes "well, you know those Fred Thompson trolls/supporters are so annoying." Or those "anti-Paul-bots are so annoying."

Notice that half those threads about Paul are started by anti-Paul-Bots. I denounce their excuses to collectively lay any responsibilities on the whole group for the actions of a few. No other candidate over there gets that treatment.

That forum has heavily biased moderators and it trickles down from there.

PLEASE READ:If you do go on hannity.com, please be respectful, please don't post new topics if you're relatively new, if you have something to say about RP please keep it factual or state you opinion in a respectful manner, and they will respect you back and debate you. That's what it's all about here.

Thanks,
Yosef

Lonestarhero
09-06-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm a longtime member of the Hannity forums and a Paul supporter.

I have to say the behavior I have seen in this thread is disgusting.

For starters, the biggest cardinal sin one can do on the Hannity boards is retread. Retreading is going back on the boards using a different email after being banned. There is nothing that slaps the moderators in the face more than that.

The second cardinal sin (which often leads to the initial ban) is contempt of host/affiliate. First off, the Hannity boards are PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNED BY WABC. The Hannity site and boards exist in part to promote the business interests of WABC and its parent companies. Besmirching the character of Sean and all the other personalities under the WABC banner is prohibited (this includes Rush, Mark Levin and Matt Drudge). By know means does that mean that Sean cannot be criticized. You can argue against his views all you want, you just cannot insult his personal character by calling him a liar and a deceiver. You wouldn't like it if I went into your house and took a giant dump on your coffee table. Don't do it in cyberspace either.

For all those saying that the Hannity boards are a lost cause, I say you are dead wrong. I found out about Dr. Paul from other Hannity members via signature lines. It was a signature line containing a link to Aaron Russo's "Freedom to Facism" that got me supporting Ron Paul. My interest sure as hell did not come from any spamming.

With that said, member of the ronpaulforums are more than welcome to post on the Hannity boards. Just make sure you FOLLOW THE RULES. Lurk around for a day or two and don't make hit and run spam threads. There are typically two Ron Paul threads going at any moment on the Hannity forums anyway. Don't start a thread unless there are no live threads already going. Also don't hawk websites.

If you were already banned, please do yourself and Ron Paul a favor and don't come back. There is no redemption for you.

For those of you claiming shanangins on me and believe they were banned for simply stating their views supporting Ron Paul, give me a private message with your Hannity handle and I will investigate how you got the ban.

American
09-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Who cares, Hannity is a opinionated neo con (Hard Core liberal) not worthy of your membership.

allyinoh
09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't agree with their actions, but... they have EVERY right to do just that.

If you're a ranking member of the Paul campaign, I'm scared, because what you just said is exactly what Dr. Paul is AGAINST.

I agree with you, I was thinking the same thing.

There are going to be people in any campaign that do things that people might not agree with but why do people think they have the right to tell others how to act, especially people who claim to be part of the campaign?

Would Ron Paul really support telling people not to go places or not to say certain things? I doubt it.

Lonestarhero
09-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Who cares, Hannity is a opinionated neo con (Hard Core liberal) not worthy of your membership.

It's a community with a nice mix of slack-jawed conservatives, well reasoned conservatives, moderates, libertarians, liberals, leftists, conspiracy theorists and others. Although it appears the slack-jawed conservatives dominate, it is actually more balanced than you imagine.

It is also no cult of Hannity worship.

trispear
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM

I have to say the behavior I have seen in this thread is disgusting.Are you a troll?

Oddball
09-06-2007, 05:09 PM

I have to say the behavior I have seen in this thread is disgusting.

For those of you claiming shanangins on me and believe they were banned for simply stating their views supporting Ron Paul, give me a private message with your Hannity handle and I will investigate how you got the ban.

He's the real deal, gang.

If anyone here is BS-ing their way around this thread (and there's always at least one in every crowd), between he and me, we'll smoke your asses out.

That includes the claimed member of Dr. Paul's staff.

Lonestarhero
09-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Are you a troll?

I have the post count of one, but I have yet to espouse the tenants of neoconservatism and socialism.

The instant I start doing so, pelt me with the troll label all you want ;)

trispear
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I have the post count of one, but I have yet to espouse the tenants of neoconservatism and socialism.

The instant I start doing so, pelt me with the troll label all you want ;)Um, no. You come in here and tell us our behavior is disgusting, but if you did that at the Hannity forums you'd get instantly banned.

Furthermore, you say that if someone was banned and a RP supporter, they shouldn't go back as there is no "redemption" for them. Some of them were long time board members yet they got banned this morning for apparently no reason - so who are you to tell them they can't go into the "Talk to the Moderator" forum and try to get the ban lifted - which is within the rules?

Third, I have hung out there for about a year, about 8 months longer than I heard of Ron Paul - painting a picture of that place of being fair and balanced is laughable.

themanhere
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I cleared my cookies.. didnt work.. it seems to be an ban of my IP address

What kind of connection do you have?

Why not just change your ip? If you dont know how or cant just use firefox then download the proxy switcher extension and find a reliable proxy.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Um, no. You come in here and tell us our behavior is disgusting, but if you did that at the Hannity forums you'd get instantly banned.

Furthermore, you say that if someone was banned and a RP supporter, they shouldn't go back as there is no "redemption" for them. Some of them were long time board members yet they got banned this morning for apparently no reason - so who are you to tell them they can't go into the "Talk to the Moderator" forum and try to get the ban lifted - which is within the rules?

Third, I have hung out there for about a year, about 8 months longer than I heard of Ron Paul - painting a picture of that place of being fair and balanced is laughable.

Read for comprehension next time, bub. He said that if you retread after being banned it's the kiss of irredeemable death. Supporter of Dr. Paul or not.

I posted there for over two years prior to my current self-imposed vacation. Balanced they aren't, but if you have a track record of behaving yourself the mods are very fair.

trispear
09-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Read for comprehension next time, bub. He said that if you retread after being banned it's the kiss of irredeemable death. Supporter of Dr. Paul or not.

I'm pretty sure I read:

If you were already banned, please do yourself and Ron Paul a favor and don't come back. There is no redemption for you.

In fact I did:) Maybe our interpretations differ. I respectfully disagree with the balanced moderator thing. I've been to many forums and think that is one of the worst moderated.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I've been on a lot of forums too, and you have to really **** up to get banned beyond redemption.

I got booted from both DU and Freeperland within 24 hours and I wan't even trying.

american.swan
09-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Try "hidemyass.com"

:D I have no idea if it will work.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Try "hidemyass.com"

:D I have no idea if it will work.

I know what'll work even better:

Either find someone on the inside to help you plead your case or take your banning like an adult and friggin' move on.

American
09-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Oddball and Lonestar are on the same side obviously but are they on OUR side remains to be seen.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm on "our" side more than you know, buckwheat.

I also detest board wars.

American
09-06-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm on "our" side more than you know, buckwheat.

I also detest board wars.

Its not hard to find out...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=181926

Sure you are sweetheart....if I ever doubt you again I'll just ask...maybe its a reverse psychology approach I'm not used to.....:D

Oddball
09-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Link no worky.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Lonestarhero
09-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Oddball and Lonestar are on the same side obviously but are they on OUR side remains to be seen.

How many "sides" are there?

I prefer french ...errr I mean freedom fries.

johnrocks
09-06-2007, 05:57 PM

He was defending Paul and Libertarian ideas before a lot of people here even knew who Paul was. I know, I've posted in the other forum with "th ball":D

johnrocks
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
As well as Lonestarhero. Between the three of us, we have took more hit's than Ali's sparring partner for Ron Paul over at Hannity:D

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM

Oh wow a Ranking Paul supporter, CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?:rolleyes:

How elitist of you. Regardless what these other people have done, you are just as bad for making that comment.

And do you really think we believe you are a RANKING MEMBER OF THE RON PAUL CAMPAIGN? So let me get this straight.

You are a ranking member, who got onto these forums, and your very first post as a ranking member of the Ron Paul campaign, is chastising the actions of a couple of people on this thread?

A Ron Paul ranking member has way more eloquence and pride than to make a comment full of hatred like that. You take us for the wrong fools my man, please go back to your hannity forums and continue to follow directions from the media and your leader, Sean Hannity.

trispear
09-06-2007, 06:05 PM
He was defending Paul and Libertarian ideas before a lot of people here even knew who Paul was. I know, I've posted in the other forum with "th ball":D

I appreciate the representation you give us on that board Johnrocks, and I have seen Oddball there as well (I think, if my memory serves correctly) fighting the good fight.

BUT, you guys have some markedly different experiences than some others of us and some others were badly treated just because. I cannot call the mods there fair in my experience.

Sometimes you guys get treated well because you were posting there a long time everything else equal. (As I was a long time lurker before lurking.)

You also never see all the posts booted as they silently go away, so that can highlight your experience to the trolls who hung on longer or were really obnoxious.

American
09-06-2007, 06:08 PM
As well as Lonestarhero. Between the three of us, we have took more hit's than Ali's sparring partner for Ron Paul over at Hannity:D

I want to see bruises!!!!!!! enough of this ballyhoo...:D

tnvoter
09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
banned there. done that.

i guess that's what would happen eventually if neocons ran the country too, the Thought Police coming through BEEP BEEP

American
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
banned there. done that.

i guess that's what would happen eventually if neocons ran the country too, the Thought Police coming through BEEP BEEP

That would fall under these guys department. The "Behavior Detection Officers"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20298840/site/newsweek/page/0/

Oddball
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
banned there. done that.

What'd you get 86ed for??

nevesis
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
What'd you get 86ed for??

I got banned for telling a guy that his argument -- "the DHS should remain because since we've had it there hasn't been another 9/11, so obviously it's working" -- was fallacious.

Literally. I did not spam. I did not troll. I wasn't mean. All I said was that his argument was fallacious.

But, that's fine. I'm not going back. I tried the forum and it wasn't my taste.

amonasro
09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I got banned for telling a guy that his argument -- "the DHS should remain because since we've had it there hasn't been another 9/11, so obviously it's working" -- was fallacious.

Literally. I did not spam. I did not troll. I wasn't mean. All I said was that his argument was fallacious.

But, that's fine. I'm not going back. I tried the forum and it wasn't my taste.

Ha! I remember reading your post before it got deleted! That's ridiculous you got canned for that. I've posted worse and survived... lucky I guess. As I remember there were quite a few other bans in that thread also. Lee "support the troops or else" Klington must've been having bad day, or pissed off at the influx of Paul threads yesterday.