PDA

View Full Version : PPT (Plunge Protection Team) saved dow from 1,000 + pt DROP today (OPINION)

Falseflagop
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Just look at 2:30 it was all PPT Team more of the toilet paper being used. That huge move was all PPT imho

ihsv
10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
No doubt

rockandrollsouls
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm not exactly one to guess without evidence, but they did say they were taking measures today....a very uncharacteristic move off the lows...

bojo68
10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Peter Shiff commented that the new rules eliminate short selling, so there are no buyers when a stock starts down. He contends this aggravates and causes faster and deeper plunges.
I looked right at that graph and saw the reversal at 2:45, and PPT didn't occur to me until I saw it here...:( Sometimes I wonder if I'm losing it...

Falseflagop
10-06-2008, 09:39 PM
PPT is real and has been doing this 2:30 buying BS almost the same for the last 1 year imho

CROOKS !

slacker921
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I haven't seen a valid reason for the rebound.. so it's possible, but who knows. It might just be a bunch of people buying at the "bottom". We'll never know for certain.

LibertyEagle
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Just look at 2:30 it was all PPT Team more of the toilet paper being used. That huge move was all PPT imho

Ok, it was your opinion, yet your title indicates that it is fact. :rolleyes:

Falseflagop
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Dude , Market was down 800+ pts with no COnfidence in the market and then CNBC starts (RATE CUT RUMOR) as cover for PPT to do their thing PLUS remember there is NO SHORT SELLING on financials. ALL PPT Imho, do not believe it . Keep believing "SMART MONEY " came into the market PLEASE !

rockandrollsouls
10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, the DOW was in a virtual free fall...I can't say we've seen many times in history where it we were red 800 points and saw it rebound over 400...

roho76
10-06-2008, 09:49 PM
How does one take action on the market so it doesn't go down 1000 points. It doesn't even seem plausible. And if the markets are that easy to quell, than what the fuck is going on.

Texan4Life
10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I thought the short selling ban has been lifted

bluemarkets
10-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Possibly true .... i know the PPT does intervene and distort markets, but dont necessarily think it was ALL the PPT's doing.

While the short ban is still on, it is just on FINANCIALS. The markets usually move to hurt the most people. With the dow down over 700 points you can bet that lots of traders were short the market.

Once the move starts up, shorts begin to cover, and this creates a massive covering 'rally'. So this is not really a rally per se, but just shorts covering their butts.

Just imagine you think the market is going to crash you get short ... then it moves against you more and more, you have to cover (buy back) which moves the market up.

Just another opinion .... but it could quite possibly be the PPT ... In the end the market will have its way.

HOLLYWOOD
10-07-2008, 12:07 AM
PPT is real and has been doing this 2:30 buying BS almost the same for the last 1 year imho

CROOKS !

there has to be money trails... follow the money, and you'll find the truth.

Let me guess... purchases across multiple accounts, with ambiguous named accounts at the government's 'GOOD OLE BOYS' - JP MORGAN and GOLDMAN SACHS?

facts and investigative process/trails and your results on the PPT buys please

Ex Post Facto
10-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Maybe they dumped their newly acquired 700B into the market?

DFF
10-07-2008, 12:51 AM
How does one take action on the market so it doesn't go down 1000 points. It doesn't even seem plausible. And if the markets are that easy to quell, than what the fuck is going on.

The Plunge Protection Team (public name The President's Working Group On Financial Markets) is comprised of Ben Bernanke (head of the Fed), Paulson (Sect. Of The Treasury...the Chairman Of The Securities And Exchange Commission...and the Chairman Of The Commodities Futures Exchange Commission. Combined, these guys have got access to damn near unlimited capital. They can manipulate the market any way they want...hence why Ron Paul brought them up in the debate with McCain (who if you recall, was totally dumbfounded about the group).

ghengis86
10-07-2008, 06:59 AM
The Plunge Protection Team (public name The President's Working Group On Financial Markets) is comprised of Ben Bernanke (head of the Fed), Paulson (Sect. Of The Treasury...the Chairman Of The Securities And Exchange Commission...and the Chairman Of The Commodities Futures Exchange Commission. Combined, these guys have got access to damn near unlimited capital. They can manipulate the market any way they want...hence why Ron Paul brought them up in the debate with McCain (who if you recall, was totally dumbfounded about the group).

is there any thing McCain's not dumbfounded by?

freelance
10-07-2008, 07:08 AM
I wish I had an ounce of gold for each time I've posted this!

http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/international-affairs/esf/

Exchange Stabilization Fund
Introduction
The Exchange Stabilization Fund (ESF) consists of three types of assets: U.S. dollars, foreign currencies, and Special Drawing Rights (SDRs)1. The financial statement of the ESF can be accessed through the links on the right hand side to either "Latest Financial Reports" or "Finances & Operations."

The ESF can be used to purchase or sell foreign currencies, to hold U.S. foreign exchange and Special Drawing Rights (SDR) assets, and to provide financing to foreign governments. All operations of the ESF require the explicit authorization of the Secretary of the Treasury ("the Secretary").

The Secretary is responsible for the formulation and implementation of U.S. international monetary and financial policy, including exchange market intervention policy. The ESF helps the Secretary to carry out these responsibilities. By law, the Secretary has considerable discretion in the use of ESF resources.

The legal basis of the ESF is the Gold Reserve Act of 1934. As amended in the late 1970s, the Act provides in part that "the Department of the Treasury has a stabilization fund …Consistent with the obligations of the Government in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on orderly exchange arrangements and an orderly system of exchange rates, the Secretary …, with the approval of the President, may deal in gold, foreign exchange, and other instruments of credit and securities."

Last Updated: August 6, 2007

This isn't even hidden. And yet, it requires "proof" every single time.

HOLLYWOOD
10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I wish I had an ounce of gold for each time I've posted this!

http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/international-affairs/esf/

This isn't even hidden. And yet, it requires "proof" every single time.

Okay, where's the numbers and show me the money?

Where are the RESERVES kept?

How much is in each of these RESERVE accounts?

How do they implement in crisis? where the path of the money go?

I mean, we're talking about 100's of BILLIONS, if not TRILLIONS.

So what are the methods on HOW they "WIRE" the money and WHERE?

TOO BIG TO FAIL... eh?

freelance
10-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Okay, where's the numbers and show me the money?

Where are the RESERVES kept?

How much is in each of these RESERVE accounts?

How do they implement in crisis? where the path of the money go?

I mean, we're talking about 100's of BILLIONS, if not TRILLIONS.

So what are the methods on HOW they "WIRE" the money and WHERE?

TOO BIG TO FAIL... eh?

Hollywood, I have NO idea. All I know is that its (Working Group's/ESF's, aka PPT's) existence is no secret. We seem to have to prove it over and over again. I'm just sick and tired of seeing people ask for proof for something that's hidden in plain site. This is only like the 100th time that the question has been posed as to the mere existence over the past year or so.

As to figures, HAHAHAHAHA. That's anyone's guess.

Market manipulation is no conspiracy theory. There's no theory about it.

Rhys
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
This is very strange, but with all the sell-off from Asian and EU markets overnight, it's probably the people who sold world stocks last night buying American stocks.

It's never strange if the market goes up after shooting down. In fact, the level can even be predicted with something called a Fibonacci retracement.