PDA

View Full Version : Why did they want McCain to win?

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Seriously, the threw him softballs, people were patting him on the back and everyone was being oh-so-nice to him.. I had a feeling the entire debate that it was an orchestrated effort to prop him up.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 07:44 AM
It's all good...Keep that pro-war vote split up as many ways you can.

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 07:45 AM
tru dat ;)

JoshLowry
09-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Seriously, the threw him softballs, people were patting him on the back and everyone was being oh-so-nice to him.. I had a feeling the entire debate that it was an orchestrated effort to prop him up.

That's the thing that confused me. Pumping up John McCain is the last thing that the pro war candidates need. McCain being strengthened will just make the pro war vote that much more diluted.

It's excellent for RP which is why I can't figure it out.

paulitics
09-06-2007, 07:50 AM
you are definately right on that. I said something within the first 5 minutes by the tricks they were using.

There are 2 reasons. 1) They are trying to downplay mcamnesty.
2) They can't let Ron win NH. The debate was in NH, McCain had once been popular in NH. They also don't want any second tier candidates breaking through. The problem for them is that the huge block of 20% undecideds, may be undecided becuase they are pissed off about the war.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Or maybe it's just the gods smiling down on RP.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah, it's probably to boost his image in NH

Givemelibertyor.....
09-06-2007, 07:55 AM
I think it's because they know McCain's campaign is almost over. Build him up, kiss his butt, so that his endorsement for one of the other chickenhawks seems more important.

Good for Ron all around.

njandrewg
09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
it was probably a way to punish Thompson for not attending. I bet FOX would have loved Thompson to declare on their network

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
The grassroots needs to get our butts to New Hampshire and Iowa and swarm it with all kinds of literature and ads about Ron Paul. We've got to help get the message out. We need to start pouring it on.

Dutch
09-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Whenever there's talk of McCain, I always have to think of this...

http://www.allosupermarche.be/files/mccain.izza.bolo.jpg

Dutch :D

jblosser
09-06-2007, 08:00 AM
They did it because they can't get any of their annointed to actually stick with the American people so they are trying to keep all the options open until one of them does. Now that Thompson has announced they'll try hard to get him to stick but their odds don't look good there either.

Ron is the only one doing well nationally (vs. regionally) and they are running scared.

themanhere
09-06-2007, 08:06 AM
That's the thing that confused me. Pumping up John McCain is the last thing that the pro war candidates need. McCain being strengthened will just make the pro war vote that much more diluted.

It's excellent for RP which is why I can't figure it out.

Yeah they also slammed Mitt Pretty damn hard. :confused: .

The best part was when Ron Paul brought up the saudis with hannity after the debate.

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah they also slammed Mitt Pretty damn hard. :confused: .

Wow, I did notice that too.. They really had a bone to pick with him..