PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Ron Paul Quote

socialize_me
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
You can go ahead and reply with yours, but this one definitely takes the cake:

"Let me see if I get this right. We need to borrow $10 billion from China and then we give it to Musharraf, who's a military dictator who overthrew an elected government, then we go to war, lose all these lives, promoting democracy in Iraq. I mean, what's going on here?"

it sums up our foreign policy perfectly. This whole idea of "spreading democracy" is scarily a common idea with most Americans. Anytime I get into a debate with someone, most of the time they'll say "So those people don't have a chance at freedom??" as if to turn the debate into whether or not I'm pro or anti freedom. Yet many people support this worldwide democracy game we play while at the same time we fund dictators who suppress democracy in their own countries.

Deborah K
10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
"....let it not be said that we did nothing."

Chester Copperpot
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Um, that quote never happened.. Ron Paul never said that.. It was a pranker on the live feed, and so FOX NEWS cleared it up on the taped version of that debate and edited it out... yeah, thats the ticket!

jlaker
10-06-2008, 09:08 PM
"The idea of talking to attorneys totally baffles me. Why don't we just open the constitution and read it."

ihsv
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
“I want to be President not because I want to run your lives, I don’t want be President to run the economy, and I don’t want be President to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty.” – Ron Paul

constitutional
10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
"I take my marching order from the constitution!"

liberalnurse
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
"No matter how much our message is ignored or ridiculed, as was done in the campaign, no matter how much they did to us, it only energized our grassroots." ~Ron Paul~

dude58677
10-06-2008, 10:24 PM
"They don't attack us because we are rich and we are free, they attack us because we are over there".

This put Ron Paul on the map and raised the most important issue since 9-11 that was never debated by high profile politicians or anyone in the news media which increased the anger towards America and this slowed it down as Middle Easterners began to see that not everyone in America agrees with what America does overseas.

Knightskye
10-06-2008, 10:31 PM
"It's sort of like asking, 'How do you deliver bread to poor people?' How do they get bread? They work and they go out and get it. Services and goods in a free society are delivered by the marketplace, but not by government."

"I don't have the right to steal from you because someone out on the street needs your help. You have an obligation personally to help them. But I don't have the right to interfere with your right to take something from you and deliver it to somebody out on the street."

Good stuff. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anmlPvmd1Ew

AggieforPaul
10-06-2008, 11:11 PM
"The idea of talking to attorneys totally baffles me. Why don't we just open the constitution and read it."

+1776

I also like:

"If we continue to live beyond our means, we'll continue to live beneath our means"

and

"They don't attack us because we're rich and we're free, they attack us because we're over there"