PDA

View Full Version : Lehman hearings - Shays said there is a coverup...

beachmaster
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Rep. Shays asked for unanimous consent that all members be allowed to give an opening statement. Waxman shot him down, at first wouldn't let him even complete his request, saying there was no unanimous consent and it was against the rules. Shays then repeated his request and added that there was a coverup going on and Waxman hit the gavel and wouldn't allow it and had a look on his face like he knew damn well what Shays was talking about.

Does anyone here know what Shays was talking about?

edit... I'm watching the rerun.. Shays came back on and asked for the actual rules that disallows his request, and now Waxman is reading the rule. Then John Mica requested a five minute opening statement which Waxman refused again. Somebody is hiding something goshdammit!

Highland
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
wow...this is major.....great find I wonder why no one would give him any minutes....

powerofreason
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Hmm... Shays is a scumbag but I'm curious what this is all about.

beachmaster
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't know what this is about... probably republicans wanting to bust democrats on something, but just hearing that word "coverup" by Shays was enough to warrant further digging I'm sure.

Highland
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Maybe this is it....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=5963790

let me know what you think>>>

Highland
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I bet that is why everyone walked away during negotiations and Merrill Lynch got picked up instead....

beachmaster
10-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Maybe this is it....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=5963790

let me know what you think>>>

"In a statement, Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio, the House minority leader, accused Waxman of refusing to investigate the mortgage giants "solely to shield his fellow Democrats politically," and said it "cheats the American people of key facts that could help all of us learn how we got here — and what we must do to make certain this situation never repeats itself.""

Last paragraph in that story is it, no doubt... but oh yeah, we know there is soooooo much more! Both Dems and Reps have had their grubby paws in the cookie jar.

OferNave
10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
If someone prepares the Digg article and posts the link here, I'll click on it.

Carole
10-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Rep. Shays asked for unanimous consent that all members be allowed to give an opening statement. Waxman shot him down, at first wouldn't let him even complete his request, saying there was no unanimous consent and it was against the rules. Shays then repeated his request and added that there was a coverup going on and Waxman hit the gavel and wouldn't allow it and had a look on his face like he knew damn well what Shays was talking about.

Does anyone here know what Shays was talking about?

edit... I'm watching the rerun.. Shays came back on and asked for the actual rules that disallows his request, and now Waxman is reading the rule. Then John Mica requested a five minute opening statement which Waxman refused again. Somebody is hiding something goshdammit!
Anyone catch a you tube of this?

I missed that part as I tuned in partway through the hearings.

OferNave
10-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes. please, if someone can find the youtube clip, we can get it out there. This is a big deal.