PDA

View Full Version : Fort knox special on history channel now! :)

heavenlyboy34
10-06-2008, 07:48 PM
As I write this, the History channel is playing a program about Fort Knox and the treasures therein. Looks interesting! :D

dannno
10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't get that channel anymore, I'm starting to phase out tv altogether, cause I don't really watch it ever.. I still have NatGeo (National Geographic) though.. and MAN... Did you know that Amish kids get cell phones at 16 and party it up like crazy bastards now??? They were showing video, it was NUTS!! I hope that doesn't go for all Amish communities, shees..

dannno
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
So is the gold still there, or what??

heavenlyboy34
10-06-2008, 08:46 PM
So is the gold still there, or what??

They say it is. The pictures they showed of it were from the 60's-apparently the last time any private person has been allowed to see it. :eek: The amount was given in the billions...I think they said $60 billion.

heavenlyboy34
10-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't get that channel anymore, I'm starting to phase out tv altogether, cause I don't really watch it ever.. I still have NatGeo (National Geographic) though.. and MAN... Did you know that Amish kids get cell phones at 16 and party it up like crazy bastards now??? They were showing video, it was NUTS!! I hope that doesn't go for all Amish communities, shees..

I don't watch TV either. I just happen to overhear other people blaring it. Otherwise, I would have zero knowledge of it.

nate895
10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I have watched that before. I doubt there is much left in Fort Knox. The gold, I believe, has probably been filtered into the markets in order to slow down the increase in gold's value vs. the dollar and other currencies. If you have gold on hand, I think there is a small possibility that it was once in the chambers at Ft. Knox.

heavenlyboy34
10-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I have watched that before. I doubt there is much left in Fort Knox. The gold, I believe, has probably been filtered into the markets in order to slow down the increase in gold's value vs. the dollar and other currencies. If you have gold on hand, I think there is a small possibility that it was once in the chambers at Ft. Knox.

It could also be in European and Asian central banks. ;)

nate895
10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
It could also be in European and Asian central banks. ;)

They are selling off their gold as well. I forgot the agreement, but most central banks have an agreement on how much gold they are going to sell a year, and what their goal is on how low. Few nations in the treaty intend on buying gold, so much of that excess gold goes to the market.