PDA

View Full Version : Will GOLD go DOWN before the big bang?

Lord Xar
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Gold is very expensive right now and I am hoping it will go down a bit before it skyrockets. Any opinions on it falling any time soon?

RonPaulVolunteer
10-06-2008, 02:26 PM
It's a moot question. You can't get any for any price right now.

ItsTime
10-06-2008, 02:26 PM
With the stocks crashing around us Im amazed gold is not going up. I figured it would have started going up by now.

llepard
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Gold is very expensive right now and I am hoping it will go down a bit before it skyrockets. Any opinions on it falling any time soon?

The odds of it going down are pretty low given that there is a shortage. Think more demand and less supply. What happens? Price up. Way up.

weatherbill
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
the gold and silver markets are controlled by the paper markets, but the physical markets is booming...... silver is trading between 17-20 per ounce on ebay.

the ny price is but fraud......silver n gold is experiencing demand outstripping supply, but the ny fraudsters are keeping it low with the paper contracts.....

banks are hording cash as well, which is deflationary and a pseudo rise in the dollar becasueof it..... gotta wait till liquidity crisis is either freeing up liquidity or there are road blocks continuing to slow it all down........a see saw right now.....

i think inflation wins out in the long, as liquidity gets unfrozen and thaws, look for a glut of dollars to come on the market and gold and silver to go.

itshappening
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
gold is going to explode... Larry, i read that in the 1980's "crisis" gold was $2k in todays prices, is that true?

Anti Federalist
10-06-2008, 02:46 PM

In the short term, yes, it will go down, as will other commodities, as industrial demand dries up. Investors in the stock markets will be driven out into "safe havens" of government backed securities, T-Bills and such.

But then goes the day of reckoning, when those same investors look and see that government's, especially ours, is even more insolvent than the banks which are failing now. The ratings services start classifying govt. securities into "junk" status and the fed drops interest rates to near zero to try and "stimulate" us out of this mess. Then also comes the realization that the only way Uncle Slaughter can work itself out of the 11 trillion dollar hole we are in is to print worthless money by the baleful.

Then comes the mad dash into one of the last safe havens, gold silver and other PMs and perhaps more tangible commodities as well.

Then the sky's the limit, as far as I can see.