PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to secession

nobody's_hero
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I won't take credit for the article I am about to post, from some random blog I found on the internet after googling "Re-ratify Constitution". The guy or gal who started it has a good idea on his/her hands—an idea not only legal, but perhaps even, possible.

I found it to be an interesting read. I leave you to ponder it:

I have been a keen observer of the political landscape. I hold no special knowledge and I make no characterizations that I have any understanding of the politics of my country. I vote. I worry. I'm very unhappy with what I see going on.

I see a deck stacked against the little guy and I'm a member in good standing of that very large club. I see my country that I love very much being turned into something I don't like. It has me upset and I'm not sure what to do because every idea I have is easily circumvented by people who don't want my ideas... or anyone's ideas, for that matter... to succeed.

Read the rest:

http://faithless-itistime.blogspot.com/2008/04/what-it-is-time-for.html

Mini-Me
10-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I won't take credit for the article I am about to post, from some random blog I found on the internet after googling "Re-ratify Constitution". The guy or gal who started it has a good idea on his/her hands—an idea not only legal, but perhaps even, possible.

I found it to be an interesting read. I leave you to ponder it:

Read the rest:

http://faithless-itistime.blogspot.com/2008/04/what-it-is-time-for.html

Technically, I think that counts as secession. If nine states re-ratify the original Constitution to create a new union, the other forty-one would still be members of the old union and under the jurisdiction of the current federal government. Both unions would coexist (though there would probably be a war over making the nine rejoin :rolleyes:), which means that the nine who created a new union would have technically seceded from the first one by doing so.