PDA

View Full Version : California Senator's Reason for Voting "Yes" on Bailout

dannno
10-06-2008, 01:18 PM
"For me, the deciding factor in my Yes vote was information I received from the State of California. I was told by the Treasurer's office that without access to credit, which is the goal of this legislation, California wouldn't be able to sell voter-approved highway, school, and water bonds that are desperately needed for our economy and the creation of good-paying new jobs. In addition, I was told by the Governor's office, that without action, our state might be forced to withhold funds for law enforcement, schools, and other needed services. This would bring our state to its knees and many middle-class families would be in deep trouble. Small businesses are beginning to tell me they cannot get lines of credit to meet payroll, as well."

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

http://boxer.senate.gov

tropicangela
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM
How's the bailout working out for them?

wizardwatson
10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
"For me, the deciding factor in my Yes vote was information I received from the State of California. I was told by the Treasurer's office that without access to credit, which is the goal of this legislation, California wouldn't be able to sell voter-approved highway, school, and water bonds that are desperately needed for our economy and the creation of good-paying new jobs. In addition, I was told by the Governor's office, that without action, our state might be forced to withhold funds for law enforcement, schools, and other needed services. This would bring our state to its knees and many middle-class families would be in deep trouble. Small businesses are beginning to tell me they cannot get lines of credit to meet payroll, as well."

This points to the problem. You shouldn't be borrowing money to grow government. If you taxed and spent, you probably couldn't do it because the public would say hell no. So you sell bonds, offset the payment to the future, so your voters are none the wiser. The fact that she sees this as normal, shows how lost and out of touch this kleptocratic bankster system is.