PDA

View Full Version : Brownback and the Debate

TurtleBurger
09-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Did anyone else notice this? At one point, the moderators seemed to be leading Brownback to take a shot at Ron Paul, and it sounded like he intentionally took his answer in another direction. It could just be that Sam is a very classy guy (I have no doubts he is), but I think he was trying to stay on Ron's good side for whatever reason. I think he's the candidate whose views are closest to RP's (he's even been critical of the war on occasion), and he's been polling next to nothing, so hopefully there's an endorsement for RP coming soon. That would be huge with Christian conservatives.

catwoman
09-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Yes, I noticed that as well. While I don't like Brownback, I did appreciate his unwillingness to pile on to the bash Ron Paul festival.

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Did anyone else notice this? At one point, the moderators seemed to be leading Brownback to take a shot at Ron Paul, and it sounded like he intentionally took his answer in another direction. It could just be that Sam is a very classy guy (I have no doubts he is), but I think he was trying to stay on Ron's good side for whatever reason. I think he's the candidate whose views are closest to RP's (he's even been critical of the war on occasion), and he's been polling next to nothing, so hopefully there's an endorsement for RP coming soon. That would be huge with Christian conservatives.

I saw that moment too, but I think when all the cameras are on you it's not as easy to think on your feet.

Anyone else on the final question after Brit finished, KNEW he was coming right at Ron Paul??

I think we've all really started to know exactly the media's "gotcha" attitude. But honestly, they were tough on Romney too with all the lawn care jokes and the guy bringing up his comment about his sons.

catwoman
09-06-2007, 07:07 AM
I saw that moment too, but I think when all the cameras are on you it's not as easy to think on your feet.

Anyone else on the final question after Brit finished, KNEW he was coming right at Ron Paul??

I think we've all really started to know exactly the media's "gotcha" attitude. But honestly, they were tough on Romney too with all the lawn care jokes and the guy bringing up his comment about his sons.

Hume said RP's name with such disdain on that last question. It really showed the media bias.

wolv275
09-06-2007, 07:07 AM
I think by now most candidates see an attack on Ron as a double edge question, one that can propel you to look as the victor, but will most likely just mortally wound you.

You could see it on old Hucks face yesterday when he got Chucked
Norris for his attempt at standing up to the constitution.