PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE BAILOUT PROTEST.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
10-06-2008, 03:02 AM
In order for this idea to work, everyone has to actually get behind it. And spread the word.

It will require a real commitment. And could bring the people enslaving our economy to their knees.

I propose that exactly one month from today, that everyone here and elsewhere persuade people to take all of their money out of the banks on the same day, and hopefully at the same time whenever possible. One huge massive withdrawal. Find a safe place to keep your money, but do not put it in any banking institution, and do your best to spend as little as possible if not nothing at all for say, three days.

Do this, and watch what happens.

Who is with me?

Conza88
10-06-2008, 03:36 AM
Run on the banks? :D

lol.

Swmorgan77
10-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Ok... I'll take my money out the day before :)

nullvalu
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Ok... I'll take my money out the day before :)

LMAO good idea

but what, don't you have complete faith that the FDIC will be there to help?

h_kap
10-06-2008, 08:54 AM
LMAO good idea

but what, don't you have complete faith that the FDIC will be there to help?

I think the whole objective is to bring the banks down and then question the people who voted for the bailout and demand rigid answers/resolution from them. Is this correct Neil?

frasu
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
what?
again this idea? I thought we agreed this is a horrible idea... also, next month, who knows how much of our money we are left with anyways.

RickyJ
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
hehe, I have no money in the bank so I can't help with this. I am not stupid enough to leave cash sitting around in a bank.

scandinaviany3
10-06-2008, 09:01 AM
In order for this idea to work, everyone has to actually get behind it. And spread the word.

It will require a real commitment. And could bring the people enslaving our economy to their knees.

I propose that exactly one month from today, that everyone here and elsewhere persuade people to take all of their money out of the banks on the same day, and hopefully at the same time whenever possible. One huge massive withdrawal. Find a safe place to keep your money, but do not put it in any banking institution, and do your best to spend as little as possible if not nothing at all for say, three days.

Do this, and watch what happens.

Who is with me?

i heard a physical protest is planned on wall street for the 15th or 16th

revolutionisnow
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Isn't inciting bank runs illegal?

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Well I was not aware it was illegal to suggest to everyone to take THEIR money out of banks. But it would expose the reality that our money doesn't really exist outside of computers, and would bring huge attention to the faults in our banking system.

Look, they are playing a game with us and our economy. A monopoly game where they are the banker and have all the hotels. We can stage protests that people will ignore, or we can do something obvious.

paulpwns
10-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Isn't inciting bank runs illegal?

Yes

Cowlesy
10-06-2008, 02:18 PM
The next person who starts a thread like this will be banned.

Do not advocate anything illegal on this board.

I will not put Josh/Bryan at personal risk for this sillyness.