PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Traitor Barbara Boxer

damania
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I've interjected my own thoughts in bold.

Dear 6 year old child:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the financial rescue legislation (H.R.1424). I appreciate hearing from you on this critical issue. (Sure you do)

The fundamentals of our economy have been shaken, and Americans are deeply concerned. When Secretary Paulson and Chairman Bernanke placed an urgent phone call a few weeks ago to Congress to say we needed emergency action to prevent a major financial meltdown, I expected they would come forward with a plan that was targeted and reasonable, with appropriate oversight and taxpayer protections.

Unfortunately, what they brought us was a $700 billion blank check, which they asked us to sign with no questions asked. This plan contained no oversight, no taxpayer equity, and no control over CEO pay. I strongly opposed this proposal - and thanks to your phone calls, e-mails, and letters, Congress stopped it in its tracks. (Of course, if the Senate had first dibs on it, I would have voted for it)

The Senate made major improvements (like massive pork. Now it's at least $850 billion. Yeay for us.) designed to strengthen (my and my contributors pockets) our economy and protect our taxpayers. Instead of a blank check, the Senate plan included significant Congressional oversight (you gotta be kidding me. oversight?), equity for taxpayers, curbs on executive compensation, an increase in FDIC insurance protection for bank depositors (yeay more FDIC for the mess u guys made), middle-class tax relief, and job-creating tax incentives for renewable energy (hahaha ya right, nice try). The bill passed the Senate by an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote of 74-25 and the House by a vote of 263-171.

These were very important changes. But let me be honest: There were still aspects of this package that I didn't like. (not enuff pork) I preferred the government acquiring more equity instead of toxic assets. I wanted the package (I want a mercedes, but that's not gonna happen is it?) to be put forward in smaller installments and to include more checks and balances (your checks and balances are in voting no to something that has no checks and balances) to make sure it would work.

For me, the deciding factor in my Yes vote was information I received from the State of California . I was told by the Treasurer's office that without access to credit, which is the goal of this legislation, California wouldn't be able to sell voter-approved highway, school, and water bonds that are desperately needed for our economy and the creation of good-paying new jobs. (maybe people should start living within their means?) In addition, I was told by the Governor's office, that without action, our state might be forced to withhold funds for law enforcement, schools, and other needed services. (what about unnecessary programs and pay cuts for useless government workers such as yourself?) This would bring our state to its knees and many middle-class families would be in deep trouble. Small businesses are beginning to tell me they cannot get lines of credit to meet payroll, as well. (well duh, the big banks put their money into a home of person with bad credit. Did they try a different bank?)

Rest assured, I will continue to speak out forcefully (I'd prefer you stay shut up) about the failures that led us to this place (did u check the mirror? oh that's right, it was Osama) and keep working with my colleagues to strengthen confidence in our markets, protect the American taxpayers, and enact regulatory reform to ensure that we don't end up in this mess again.

Again, thank you for writing to me about this very important matter. Even though you may feel frustrated with the outcome of the legislation that passed, your voice absolutely resulted in the enactment of a better bill. (sure it did) Feel free to contact me again (you sure I can?) about any issue of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

PS: Elect me because I'm doing a fine job. Barbara Boxer didn't even think of writing to you. *Pat on the back*

anaconda
10-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I sent Boxer a big "You're Soooo Fired in 2010" fax a few days ago! Feinstein too ( 2012 for Nazi Feinstein ).

Pauls' Revere
10-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I got the same letter and forwarded it to my friends and family in disgust.

jbuttell
10-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I sent Boxer a big "You're Soooo Fired in 2010" fax a few days ago! Feinstein too ( 2012 for Nazi Feinstein ).

I hope we can find a way to make it sooner, for both of them.

ryanmkeisling
10-06-2008, 03:21 AM
I write them both on a bi-weekly basis and sometimes call their offices. Always polite and to the point, sometimes scathing but never rude. I get no returns now. I wonder if Feinstien would put up a portion of her $35 million in assets to help with the bailout?

They both make me sick. We need to put an effort together, statewide, to unseat both of these ladies.

sidster
10-06-2008, 03:28 AM
I got the same form letter from Boxer.

So any of you CA residence have your Representatives change
sides (from initial "NO" vote to a "YES")?

California:

Baca, Joe (D)
Lee, Barbara (D)
Schiff, Adam (D) <-- He is up for reelection in Nov.
Solis, Hilda (D)
Thompson, Mike (D)
Watson, Diane E. (D)
Woolsey, Lynn (D)

angelatc
10-06-2008, 04:57 AM
I've interjected my own thoughts in bold.

Dear 6 year old child:

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

PS: Elect me because I'm doing a fine job. Barbara Boxer didn't even think of writing

Dear Barbara,

So, how's that plan working out?

GTMomma
10-06-2008, 08:04 AM
I got the same form letter from Boxer.

So any of you CA residence have your Representatives change
sides (from initial "NO" vote to a "YES")?

Nope. My Representative's been consistent in voting YES both times. :mad:

damania
10-06-2008, 10:23 AM
We need to have a recall of both these Senators. They certainly don't represent me. But you know how the insane public is. They keep voting in ridiculous bond measures worth billions and billions of dollars. Remember the big outrage when Arnold tried to cut the budget? It's just not California. The US budget is the same. People get upset when there's cuts.

Maybe the economic downturn will sweep these Senators out with the bath water? Maybe the recall might get enough support to get all the way to the ballot?

anaconda
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Baca, Joe (D)
Lee, Barbara (D)
Schiff, Adam (D) <-- He is up for reelection in Nov.
Solis, Hilda (D)
Thompson, Mike (D)
Watson, Diane E. (D)
Woolsey, Lynn (D)

Aren't all of these up for re-election in November?

anaconda
10-06-2008, 12:43 PM
We need to have a recall of both these Senators

How many signatures do we need? Can we get Ron Paul meet ups to sign on? Etc.

damania
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I think I've run into websites that want to recall Feinstein. I'll have to do the research after work today.

reduen
10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
:mad:

Dear Mr. Romero,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with me regarding efforts to address failures in the nation's financial system to ensure they do not threaten the economic health of Main Street. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

I voted for H.R. 3997, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, because I believed that it is critically important to take action to unfreeze the credit markets so that farmers, small businesses, and students can get access to loans at reasonable rates. I am happy that this bipartisan legislation was significantly improved from the Bush Administration's original proposal, with the inclusion of strong oversight and accountability provisions and limits on executive compensation and severance packages. The bill also protects taxpayers by allowing the government to take stock in participating companies, and requires a fee on financial services companies to recoup taxpayers if the program loses money.

However, I am frustrated that the Senate held our economy hostage by once again attaching unrelated legislation that adds to our national debt. We as a nation much start living within our means, and that includes those on Wall Street as well as those in the U.S. Senate who have continuously refused to be fiscally responsible when it comes to new government spending and tax policy.

Rest assured that I will do my part to ensure that we address the instability that has hit our financial system in a serious and responsible manner. It is my goal to protect Arkansas families and small businesses, without saddling future generations with insurmountable debt.

Again, thank you for sharing your opinion on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff if you require any assistance in the future. You may also visit my website at http://www.marionberry.com to learn more about issues important to Arkansas's First Congressional District.

Sincerely,

MARION BERRY

Member of Congress

MB:ar

GTMomma
10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
How many signatures do we need? Can we get Ron Paul meet ups to sign on? Etc.

The following website says 1.7 million signatures are needed by October to get it on the ballot.

Recall Feinstein (http://recallfeinstein.org/)

damania
10-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Isn't a recall supposed to happen anytime?

GTMomma
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Isn't a recall supposed to happen anytime?

I'm not sure. I was reading from the other website. I did find the election code, but I don't have time to read it now.

Election Code (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/calawquery?codesection=elec&codebody=&hits=20) Scroll down to Division 11

anaconda
10-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Since it's the same issue, we should gather signatures for BOTH senators at the same time.

sidster
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Aren't all of these up for re-election in November?

I'm not sure. I wanted to point that out though. I just
know Adam Schiff is on my example ballot and he is
not getting my vote.

TruthAtLast
10-06-2008, 05:04 PM
I got the same letter and forwarded it to my friends and family in disgust.

I got the same letter too. I made sure to remind her that she violated our Constitution Article 1, Section 7:

"All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills."

anaconda
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure. I wanted to point that out though. I just
know Adam Schiff is on my example ballot and he is
not getting my vote.

The entire House (all 435) have to get re-elected every two years (or lose to a challenger). Senate is different- one-third is up every two years for their 6-yr. terms.

sidster
10-06-2008, 08:05 PM
The entire House (all 435) have to get re-elected every two years (or lose to a challenger). Senate is different- one-third is up every two years for their 6-yr. terms.

Ahhhh!!! OK... I see what I'm doing wrong. :P
shame on me.

anaconda
10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Ahhhh!!! OK... I see what I'm doing wrong. :P
shame on me.

No shame necessary. You were absolutely right about your guy being up for re-election. You're obviously paying attention to the House race in your district. This is a good thing.