PDA

View Full Version : CNN : Army combat unit to deploy within U.S.

StateofTrance
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/03/army.unit/index.html

Scary ha? :confused::eek::(

AbolishTheGovt
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
"Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy, in this quarter of the world, to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging." -- Patrick Henry

Anti Federalist
10-05-2008, 10:10 PM
"We need a lot more in our toolbox in order to deal with angry people on the street," said Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army North.

All is well, remain calm.

RSLudlum
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
ahhh, so CNN is reporting it now?? I wonder how those reporters feel now that their families and friends could possibly be subjected to military control when they had the power to stop such things in the past just by doing honest reporting in a timely manner.

ihsv
10-05-2008, 10:13 PM
"We need a lot more in our toolbox in order to deal with angry people on the street," said Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army North.

I'd love to get a source for that quote! That's powerful stuff!

AbolishTheGovt
10-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I'd love to get a source for that quote! That's powerful stuff!

ihsv
10-05-2008, 10:15 PM

Duh :D

Sorry

StateofTrance
10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
One more credible source :

http://www.times-standard.com/othervoices/ci_10643629

America in Crisis: Are we preparing for martial law?
Dave Stancliff/As It Stands/For the Times-Standard
Article Launched: 10/05/2008 01:35:40 AM PDT

As we watch corporate America stagger financially, and the polarized politicians try to respond, there is something else going on that we all need to be aware of.

For the second time since Hurricane Katrina hit in August 2005, an active Army unit --1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division -- has been set up to quell civil unrest and do crowd control within our borders. And this time it's a permanent mission.

The last time I checked, the use of the military in domestic activities was prohibited by law, with the exception of the National Guard units under the authority of the states.

So what's going on? A recent report in The Army Times -- “Army Unit to Deploy in October for Domestic Operations” discussed a new military unit that is now stationed in the United States of America.

The report stated that the 1st Brigade Combat Team would be deployed within the country and would work with civil authorities to “put down civil unrest.” On the surface this may seem benign, but this mission marks the first time an active military unit has assigned to NorthCom, the joint command established in 2002 to control federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate with civil authorities.

The unit is under the daily control of U.S. Army North, NorthCom, the Army component of Northern Command, and is now on-call for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.

The Army says this mission is ongoing
Advertisement
and active duty units will be rotated in and out of the country. The commander of this unit, Col. Roger Cloutier, also said that his troops will be trained to use nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.

This is another first; the first time a nonlethal package has been fielded the Army, according to Cloutier. Why does that make me uneasy? The package includes equipment to raise a hasty road block, spike strips for slowing, stopping or controlling traffic; shields and batons; and beanbag bullets.

The Army's new “dwell-time” mission will be part of a force that includes elements from other military branches and dedicated National Guard Weapons of Mass Destruction-Civil Support teams.

It doesn't stop there. There will be Air Force engineer and medical units, the Marine Corps Chemical, Biological Initial Reaction Force, a Navy weather team and members of the Defense Logistics Agency and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.

According to an Army Times interview, Col. Louis Vogler, one of the chiefs of NorthCom future operations, said, “Right now, the response force requirement will be an enduring mission.”

I guess that's clear enough.

What's troubling, among other things, is the man appointed as commander of NorthCom, Victor E. Renuart. “Why you ask?” According to Wikipedia, Mr. Renuart: “oversaw the planning and execution of all joint and allied combat, humanitarian assistance and reconstruction operations for Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.”

This was the person who was in charge of all the completely chaotic, ineffective, and dangerous “operation” in Iraq and he will now be in command of this new unit in our country. How comforting is that?

The manual dealing with Consequence Management Response Force (CCMRF) explains who can turn this unit loose. “USARNORTH accomplishes its CBRN CM mission in strict adherence to public law and DOD policies. Deployment of USARNORTH, at the direction of the USARNORTH Commander and on the authority of the Secretary of Defense, occurs only after a Governor requests federal assistance from the President, and after the President issues a Presidential Disaster Declaration.”

In 2007, the Alaska/Northern Edge Training Mission was held as part of the first large-scale training for this internal military readiness force.

Very little has been said to the general public about this whole affair. I'd wager most Americans aren't aware of this new strike force within our country. Are we closer to internal collapse than any of us realize? Why does the federal government feel the need for such a unit within our borders?

As It Stands, the idea that active duty soldiers will be used to control unruly civilian crowds is both terrifying and unconstitutional.

Dave Stancliff is a columnist for The Times-Standard. Comments can be sent to richstan1@suddenlink.net or davesblogcentral.com.

RockEnds

lol. Aren't we blessed?

tropicangela
"Use of active-duty military as a domestic police force has been severely limited since passage of the Posse Comitatus Act following the Civil War."

What is the truth in that statement?

D.H.
10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
OMG it's mainstream now.

That second to last line scares me.

Vote Waterman 2028
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
The U.S. military "is not a Swiss Army knife," ready to fight the Taliban one week, respond to a hurricane the next and put down a major political protest the third week, Healy said

HOLY SHIT... i can't believe i just read that.....:eek:

they just openly said that they are okay with putting down a major political protest. Im shocked right now.

ClockwiseSpark
10-05-2008, 10:21 PM
The U.S. military "is not a Swiss Army knife," ready to fight the Taliban one week, respond to a hurricane the next and put down a major political protest the third week, Healy said.

Well I guess we know where he stands. :rolleyes:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

tropicangela
10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
What's troubling, among other things, is the man appointed as commander of NorthCom, Victor E. Renuart. “Why you ask?” According to Wikipedia, Mr. Renuart: “oversaw the planning and execution of all joint and allied combat, humanitarian assistance and reconstruction operations for Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.”

This was the person who was in charge of all the completely chaotic, ineffective, and dangerous “operation” in Iraq and he will now be in command of this new unit in our country. How comforting is that? http://www.times-standard.com/othervoices/ci_10643629

Effin great.

constitutional
10-05-2008, 10:25 PM
OMG it's mainstream now.

It's a trap!

:p

RockEnds
10-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Remember back when our government was amassing the most powerful military machine known to mankind? Remember when they began to attack other nations without provocation? Remember when they declared we were fighting a global war on terror?

Why is anyone shocked?

Vote Waterman 2028
10-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Remember back when our government was amassing the most powerful military machine known to mankind? Remember when they began to attack other nations without provocation? Remember when they declared we were fighting a global war on terror?

Why is anyone shocked?

Sadly, most of those things didnt directly affect our ways of life. This kind of talk, means that it could be interfering with our way of life. Were just selfish, and when the machine turns on us, only then do we care. Welcome to life my friend. ;)

and i was only shocked by the words that they used in describing the purpose of this battalion in the USA.

Anti Federalist
10-05-2008, 10:34 PM

Why is anyone shocked?

And I would add: sending APCs, full auto battle rifles and other military gear to every podunk cop shop across the country.

Shocked? Not by this. I am shocked that there is still a sizable majority within our own ranks, let alone the ranks of Boobus Americanus that look at this horror unfolding right before their eyes and yet still refuse to believe it's happening.

CountryMe
10-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Everyone that thought it was so popular to be for the war when it started
sending our troops, I wonder how popular they will think it is now that
it's coming here???

MGreen
10-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Troops may be trained in non-lethal tactics, but they are not trained for what they may have to deal with in domestic situations, said Gene Healy, a vice president of the conservative think-tank Cato Institute.

Healy said civilian police and, if circumstances are extreme, National Guard troops under the command of state governors should keep the peace.

"Federal troops should always be a last resort, never a first responder," he said.

...The U.S. military "is not a Swiss Army knife," ready to fight the Taliban one week, respond to a hurricane the next and put down a major political protest the third week, Healy said.
Thank God for Cato, eh? :(

Anti Federalist
10-05-2008, 10:42 PM

Oh yeah, some mild mannered blandishments from Stato will stand 'em down.

RockEnds
10-05-2008, 10:42 PM
And I would add: sending APCs, full auto battle rifles and other military gear to every podunk cop shop across the country.

Shocked? Not by this. I am shocked that there is still a sizable majority within our own ranks, let alone the ranks of Boobus Americanus that look at this horror unfolding right before their eyes and yet still refuse to believe it's happening.

I share your reaction.

D.H.
10-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Do I have reason to be scared? The military trained in my town a few years ago. For a few weeks. Not only was it intrusive and loud many people protested in principle. I made copies of the Posse Cummitatis Act and passed it around.

What was strange about it is I don't live in a ghost town and they were doing urban warfare training, among other things, with a lot of people here. I argued if they needed that training why didn't they go to one of the many urban areas that are practically deserted like areas of Detroit due to auto makers shutting down.

The paper finally wrote about their mission and one of the things they were doing was finding out where all of our water/electric/utilities centers were so they could "practice" shutting them down when they were in real combat.

Do you see where I am going with this? I am not a person who is just waking up. I was mad 2 years ago but if I spoke out I was "against the troops".

Sorry, if I am posting this in the wrong place. I just realized I might be interrupting this thread, but it seemed topical.

Vote Waterman 2028
10-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Do I have reason to be scared? The military trained in my town a few years ago. For a few weeks. Not only was it intrusive and loud many people protested in principle. I made copies of the Posse Cummitatis Act and passed it around.

What was strange about it is I don't live in a ghost town and they were doing urban warfare training, among other things, with a lot of people here. I argued if they needed that training why didn't they go to one of the many urban areas that are practically deserted like areas of Detroit due to auto makers shutting down.

The paper finally wrote about their mission and one of the things they were doing was finding out where all of our water/electric/utilities centers were so they could "practice" shutting them down when they were in real combat.

Do you see where I am going with this? I am not a person who is just waking up. I was mad 2 years ago but if I spoke out I was "against the troops".

Unless you live in a large city, or a large town between cities, im sure it was just a drill. Although it is odd, i just dont see the military doing it for any other reason other than practice, unless for some reason your town is important. Otherwise they would be training like that in every city/town to make it worth thinking about. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

angelatc
10-05-2008, 10:55 PM

Well if you're not doing anything illegal you don't have anything to worry about.

/sarc

Anti Federalist
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Well if you're not doing anything illegal you don't have anything to worry about.

/sarc

:rolleyes:

CountryMe
10-05-2008, 11:03 PM

/sarc

Well, if the article is correct that was posted just talking against anything that our government supports will be against the law. And peaceful demonstrations will be against the law if i read that right?????

nbhadja
10-05-2008, 11:05 PM

/sarc

I used to be a brainwashed neo con and that was my justification for the patriot act lol

RSLudlum
10-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Unless you live in a large city, or a large town between cities, im sure it was just a drill. Although it is odd, i just dont see the military doing it for any other reason other than practice, unless for some reason your town is important. Otherwise they would be training like that in every city/town to make it worth thinking about. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Well, I guess i'm pretty much f**k'd. I live in Charleston, SC where we have an airbase, a Naval Weapons Station, and DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center! Back during the cold war, if I remember correctly, Charleston was on the top 10 list of cities that were on considered possible Russian targets. :(

But I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary except an increase in fighter jet activity/practice.

RockEnds
10-05-2008, 11:23 PM

/sarc

Wait until they respin that "They hate us for our freedoms," line against Americans.

smileylovesfreedom
10-05-2008, 11:30 PM

/sarc

That would be nice :rolleyes:

anaconda
10-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I just called both senators and my representative. Guess what? None of them had any comments or position on the matter. My Rep.'s person answering the phone took my name and address and promised a response.

Interesting looking at the CNN article. Not a single sentence dedicated to any possible Posse Comitatus issues. Imagine that...

I think Posse Comitatus should also apply to TRAINING EXERCISES. They should do them entirely within military bases, I would think.

ItsTime
10-06-2008, 02:25 PM

what are we going to be angry at?

jkr
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
at least they are home...harder to fight your own i hope.,..

sratiug
10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I just called both senators and my representative. Guess what? None of them had any comments or position on the matter. My Rep.'s person answering the phone took my name and address and promised a response.

Interesting looking at the CNN article. Not a single sentence dedicated to any possible Posse Comitatus issues. Imagine that...

I think Posse Comitatus should also apply to TRAINING EXERCISES. They should do them entirely within military bases, I would think.

Um, didn't they already get rid of posse comitatus more than a year ago?

mconder
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Why would there be any angry people on the streets in the U.S.? Are they anticipating something soon?

sidster
10-06-2008, 06:31 PM

Scary ha? :confused::eek::(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI Naomi Wolf talks about
this in her interview in this clip.

Interesting excerpts from the OP's article:

*The 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry, which was first into
Baghdad, Iraq, in 2003, started its controversial assignment
Wednesday.

*Use of active-duty military as a domestic police force has been
severely limited since passage of the Posse Comitatus Act following
the Civil War.

*"We need a lot more in our toolbox in order to deal with angry people
on the street," said Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army North.

*they will have a unit that knows in advance that it
might be called upon to respond in a domestic emergency.

*"We don't have the luxury to wish these things away. We have to
imagine the unimaginable," Johnson said.

dude58677
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
"Standing armies are a danger to liberty and ought not be kept up" Founding Fathers in all their writings

anaconda
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM

Don't know. I think Bush keeps playing the "national emergency" card, which I think is allowable under the 1878 Act. the Feds are clearly abusing the hell out of it. It's just appalling.

Habeas Corpus was denied under the Military Commissions Act...I think that was about a year ago..

sidster
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM

Don't know. I think Bush keeps playing the "national emergency" card, which I think is allowable under the 1878 Act. the Feds are clearly abusing the hell out of it. It's just appalling.

Habeas Corpus was denied under the Military Commissions Act...I think that was about a year ago..

He is correct. From an email exchange on this very topic
with a group of friends. One said:

Posse comitatus is gone...

"Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007"
(H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th,
2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a
"public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control
of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or
local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."

Which makes me think, based on what I read in the CNN article,
this entire financial crisis is staged to cause riots and public distress
giving the Commander In Chief an excuse/opportunity to declare a
"state of emergency" and take us into a dictatorship.

If this is true, they (whoever "they" are) are executing their plan
most brilliantly.

Follow this:
financial collapse
public disorder/riots
state of emergency
martial law
dictatorship commenced/election cancelled
dollar completely destroyed
replace financial system using a new currency (amero)
birth of north american union

in a sense, what is happening here in the financial sector is
equivalent to a financial 9-11.

Also watch the Naomi Wolf interview few posts up.

anaconda
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Follow this:

* financial collapse
* public disorder/riots
* state of emergency
* martial law
* dictatorship commenced/election cancelled
* dollar completely destroyed
* replace financial system using a new currency (amero)
* birth of north american union

in a sense, what is happening here in the financial sector is
equivalent to a financial 9-11.

Perfectly plausible. This is just sick...I fear you have hit the nail on the head.

Wow..it's actually a bit harder for me to wrap my brain around this than the CIA and the military slamming a couple of drone aircraft into buildings rigged with explosives. That was fairly straight forward. This is a tad more elaborate and sophisticated.

I'm gonna go out tonight and buy water and canned food.

parke
10-06-2008, 10:26 PM
""We need a lot more in our toolbox in order to deal with angry people on the street," said Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army North."

wow.. thats scary.

TGautier421
10-06-2008, 11:09 PM
""We need a lot more in our toolbox in order to deal with angry people on the street," said Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army North."

wow.. thats scary.

Not exactly.

I'm in the Guard, in another thread a few days ago I gave my opinion how the US Government would never be able to control a complete national martial law emergency. First of all there would be defections from all ranks, not willing to turn against fellow Americans. Due to that and a bunch of other problems, logistics would fall apart after a few days. It would be soley regional, with no one in Washington able to manipulate what is happening as a whole.

By that time I'm sure there would have been several states exercising their rights to revolution. Local and regional support during these times would be far more beneficial than feeding off the Feds any longer.

This is all hypothetical discussion, of course.

anaconda
10-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Not exactly.

I'm in the Guard, in another thread a few days ago I gave my opinion how the US Government would never be able to control a complete national martial law emergency. First of all there would be defections from all ranks, not willing to turn against fellow Americans. Due to that and a bunch of other problems, logistics would fall apart after a few days. It would be soley regional, with no one in Washington able to manipulate what is happening as a whole.

By that time I'm sure there would have been several states exercising their rights to revolution. Local and regional support during these times would be far more beneficial than feeding off the Feds any longer.

Thank you for the interesting post. What I am compelled to ask is: Why are these elites attempting this coup if they can't count on the commitment from the military? That's a good way to get themselves hanged. They must have considered this possibility...

Also, what about defections very high up? I'm thinking that a few key defections at the two and three star general/rear admiral type levels and the jig is up big time..all of the other tentative high-ranking officers would defect en masse after that. But I'm just guessing. I'm guessing a lot of top soldiers are very pro Constitution.

GunnyFreedom
10-06-2008, 11:46 PM
"Use of active-duty military as a domestic police force has been severely limited since passage of the Posse Comitatus Act following the Civil War."

What is the truth in that statement?

That statement is completely and totally true. Except Bush overturned Posse Comitatus in 2006.

Posse Comitatus was overturned in October of 2006, with the signing of the "John Werner Defense Appropriations Act of 2007."

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
10-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't think it would presented that way, though.

Wouldn't they just say, "We have to do whatever is necessary to restore order in the face of this economic collapse"? They'd feel as though they were saving Americans, not destroying them. I doubt they will say, "Go out and kill lots of random people!" More like, "Go out and keep order in this state and shoot anyone trying to create disorder."

Would they feel badly about shooting someone who's disrupting food redistribution? Probably not so much. And anyone with a gun will be seen as a potential rapist/looter/murderer, and et cetera.

If there is an economic collapse, and chaos in the streets, most Americans would welcome the military. The few who resisted living under martial law would be seen as terrorists/crazies/etc. "WHY ARE CRAZY PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND WITH GUNS JUST MAKING THINGS WORSE?? The military is here to protect us from the criminals!!"

So the idea that troops don't want to shoot Americans is not that simple.

Ex Post Facto
10-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Not exactly.

What about the Civil Assistance Plan? This would certainly be used.

Scotso
10-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Wow.

jbrace
10-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Why are we not proposing ideas on how to protest/ stop this?

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Why are we not proposing ideas on how to protest/ stop this?

the only way I know to stop it, is for the American people o reject McBama in November.

HOLLYWOOD
10-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Hey,

I know the US Government LOVES stealing all kinds of things(money, lives, property, land, countries, governments, etc... yotta yotta

WHEN the HELL did the US government, Steal and Adobt the: Union of Soviet Socialist Republics?

Union & Republic... well well

RockEnds
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Just a little reminder of how confusing things become in a 'crisis'.

Cedar Rapids, IA this past summer. After the flood waters receded, residents were not allowed to return to their homes until the area was cleared by local authorities. The Iowa Highway Patrol draws down on a guy who wanted to go home while the Iowa National Guard watches.

http://graphics.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/iowa_06_17/iowa17.jpg

RockEnds
10-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Of course, there was a long story behind this picture. The residents had been impatient, and they weren't very happy about waiting. The city claimed there were open basements, downed trees, and very limited emergency services. According to the claims of the day, this guy told them that he was going home anyway, and when he started to drive past the barricade, the officer stepped in front of the truck. The officer claims he was hit and feared for his life or something. He doesn't look very afraid to me. He's still standing in front of the truck. Anyway, they busted out the guy's window and took him to jail.

Ex Post Facto
10-07-2008, 12:13 AM
lol look at the military guys...they are sitting there like "Damn, those cops are nuts."

StateofTrance
10-07-2008, 01:00 AM
I have told this to others many times -- I would rather have a professional military guy protecting the neighborhoods than some z-rated cop.

CountryMe
10-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Of course, there was a long story behind this picture. The residents had been impatient, and they weren't very happy about waiting. The city claimed there were open basements, downed trees, and very limited emergency services. According to the claims of the day, this guy told them that he was going home anyway, and when he started to drive past the barricade, the officer stepped in front of the truck. The officer claims he was hit and feared for his life or something. He doesn't look very afraid to me. He's still standing in front of the truck. Anyway, they busted out the guy's window and took him to jail.

Ok, maybe I am nuts here but if it's just a matter of someone going home, shouldn't they be allowed to take the risks, decide for themself or do we have to allow the government to tell us? There is lots of risk in life and we should be able to decide for our self. They could put up signs warning of danger but if it's someone that lives in the area and they want to go home or check on their own property shouldn't they be allowed to do so at their own risk of course? Way back when there were tornadoes, floods, weren't people allowed to come and go as they pleased to their homes? Now if someone does return or stay during a possible dangerous situation then they should not expect anyone to risk their life to get them out, either, although if someone can help without being in danger then they should.

LittleLightShining
10-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Not exactly.

This is all hypothetical discussion, of course.North American Army created without OK by Congress
U.S., Canada military ink deal to fight domestic emergencies (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57228)

Posted: February 24, 2008
1:45 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

In a ceremony that received virtually no attention in the American media, the United States and Canada signed a military agreement Feb. 14 allowing the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency, even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis.

U.S. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, commander of USNORTHCOM, signs agreement Feb. 14, 2008, with Canadian Air Force Lt. Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command (USNORTHCOM photo)

The agreement, defined as a Civil Assistance Plan, was not submitted to Congress for approval, nor did Congress pass any law or treaty specifically authorizing this military agreement to combine the operations of the armed forces of the United States and Canada in the event of a wide range of domestic civil disturbances ranging from violent storms, to health epidemics, to civil riots or terrorist attacks.

In Canada, the agreement paving the way for the militaries of the U.S. and Canada to cross each other's borders to fight domestic emergencies was not announced either by the Harper government or the Canadian military, prompting sharp protest.

"It's kind of a trend when it comes to issues of Canada-U.S. relations and contentious issues like military integration," Stuart Trew, a researcher with the Council of Canadians told the Canwest News Service. "We see that this government is reluctant to disclose information to Canadians that is readily available on American and Mexican websites."

The military Civil Assistance Plan can be seen as a further incremental step being taken toward creating a North American armed forces available to be deployed in domestic North American emergency situations.

The agreement was signed at U.S. Army North headquarters, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, by U.S. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, commander of NORAD and U.S. Northern Command, or USNORTHCOM, and by Canadian Air Force Lt. Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command.

"This document is a unique, bilateral military plan to align our respective national military plans to respond quickly to the other nation's requests for military support of civil authorities," Renuart said in a statement published on the USNORTHCOM website.

"In discussing the new bilateral Civil Assistance Plan established by USNORTHCOM and Canada Command, Renuart stressed, "Unity of effort during bilateral support for civil support operations such as floods, forest fires, hurricanes, earthquakes and effects of a terrorist attack, in order to save lives, prevent human suffering an mitigate damage to property, is of the highest importance, and we need to be able to have forces that are flexible and adaptive to support rapid decision-making in a collaborative environment."

Lt. Gen. Dumais seconded Renuart's sentiments, stating, "The signing of this plan is an important symbol of the already strong working relationship between Canada Command and U.S. Northern Command."

"Our commands were created by our respective governments to respond to the defense and security challenges of the twenty-first century," he stressed, "and we both realize that these and other challenges are best met through cooperation between friends."

The statement on the USNORTHCOM website emphasized the plan recognizes the role of each nation's lead federal agency for emergency preparedness, which in the United States is the Department of Homeland Security and in Canada is Public Safety Canada.

The statement then noted the newly signed plan was designed to facilitate the military-to-military support of civil authorities once government authorities have agreed on an appropriate response.

As WND has previously reported, U.S. Northern Command was established on Oct. 1, 2002, as a military command tasked with anticipating and conducting homeland defense and civil support operations where U.S. armed forces are used in domestic emergencies.

Similarly, Canada Command was established on Feb. 1, 2006, to focus on domestic operations and offer a single point of contact for all domestic and continental defense and securities partners.

In Nov. 2007, WND published a six-part exclusive series, detailing WND's on-site presence during the NORAD-USNORTHCOM Vigilant Shield 2008, an exercise which involved Canada Command as a participant.

In an exclusive interview with WND during Vigilant Shield 2008, Gen. Renuart affirmed USNORTHCOM would deploy U.S. troops on U.S. soil should the president declare a domestic emergency in which the Department of Defense ordered USNORTHCOM involvement.

In May 2007, WND reported President Bush, on his own authority, signed National Security Presidential Directive 51, also known as Homeland Security Presidential Directive 20, authorizing the president to declare a national emergency and take over all functions of federal, state, local, territorial and tribal governments, without necessarily obtaining the approval of Congress to do so.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-07-2008, 05:54 AM

CATO is not a conservative thinktank, it's a libertarian thinktank. Only liberals call it a conservative thinktank ;)

Bruno
10-07-2008, 06:29 AM
North American Army created without OK by Congress
U.S., Canada military ink deal to fight domestic emergencies (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57228)

Posted: February 24, 2008
1:45 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

In a ceremony that received virtually no attention in the American media, the United States and Canada signed a military agreement Feb. 14 allowing the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency, even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis.

U.S. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, commander of USNORTHCOM, signs agreement Feb. 14, 2008, with Canadian Air Force Lt. Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command (USNORTHCOM photo)

The agreement, defined as a Civil Assistance Plan, was not submitted to Congress for approval, nor did Congress pass any law or treaty specifically authorizing this military agreement to combine the operations of the armed forces of the United States and Canada in the event of a wide range of domestic civil disturbances ranging from violent storms, to health epidemics, to civil riots or terrorist attacks.

In Canada, the agreement paving the way for the militaries of the U.S. and Canada to cross each other's borders to fight domestic emergencies was not announced either by the Harper government or the Canadian military, prompting sharp protest.

"It's kind of a trend when it comes to issues of Canada-U.S. relations and contentious issues like military integration," Stuart Trew, a researcher with the Council of Canadians told the Canwest News Service. "We see that this government is reluctant to disclose information to Canadians that is readily available on American and Mexican websites."

The military Civil Assistance Plan can be seen as a further incremental step being taken toward creating a North American armed forces available to be deployed in domestic North American emergency situations.

The agreement was signed at U.S. Army North headquarters, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, by U.S. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, commander of NORAD and U.S. Northern Command, or USNORTHCOM, and by Canadian Air Force Lt. Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command.

"This document is a unique, bilateral military plan to align our respective national military plans to respond quickly to the other nation's requests for military support of civil authorities," Renuart said in a statement published on the USNORTHCOM website.

"In discussing the new bilateral Civil Assistance Plan established by USNORTHCOM and Canada Command, Renuart stressed, "Unity of effort during bilateral support for civil support operations such as floods, forest fires, hurricanes, earthquakes and effects of a terrorist attack, in order to save lives, prevent human suffering an mitigate damage to property, is of the highest importance, and we need to be able to have forces that are flexible and adaptive to support rapid decision-making in a collaborative environment."

Lt. Gen. Dumais seconded Renuart's sentiments, stating, "The signing of this plan is an important symbol of the already strong working relationship between Canada Command and U.S. Northern Command."

"Our commands were created by our respective governments to respond to the defense and security challenges of the twenty-first century," he stressed, "and we both realize that these and other challenges are best met through cooperation between friends."

The statement on the USNORTHCOM website emphasized the plan recognizes the role of each nation's lead federal agency for emergency preparedness, which in the United States is the Department of Homeland Security and in Canada is Public Safety Canada.

The statement then noted the newly signed plan was designed to facilitate the military-to-military support of civil authorities once government authorities have agreed on an appropriate response.

As WND has previously reported, U.S. Northern Command was established on Oct. 1, 2002, as a military command tasked with anticipating and conducting homeland defense and civil support operations where U.S. armed forces are used in domestic emergencies.

Similarly, Canada Command was established on Feb. 1, 2006, to focus on domestic operations and offer a single point of contact for all domestic and continental defense and securities partners.

In Nov. 2007, WND published a six-part exclusive series, detailing WND's on-site presence during the NORAD-USNORTHCOM Vigilant Shield 2008, an exercise which involved Canada Command as a participant.

In an exclusive interview with WND during Vigilant Shield 2008, Gen. Renuart affirmed USNORTHCOM would deploy U.S. troops on U.S. soil should the president declare a domestic emergency in which the Department of Defense ordered USNORTHCOM involvement.

In May 2007, WND reported President Bush, on his own authority, signed National Security Presidential Directive 51, also known as Homeland Security Presidential Directive 20, authorizing the president to declare a national emergency and take over all functions of federal, state, local, territorial and tribal governments, without necessarily obtaining the approval of Congress to do so.

Things will get a lost worse before they get better.

RockEnds
10-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Ok, maybe I am nuts here but if it's just a matter of someone going home, shouldn't they be allowed to take the risks, decide for themself or do we have to allow the government to tell us? There is lots of risk in life and we should be able to decide for our self. They could put up signs warning of danger but if it's someone that lives in the area and they want to go home or check on their own property shouldn't they be allowed to do so at their own risk of course? Way back when there were tornadoes, floods, weren't people allowed to come and go as they pleased to their homes? Now if someone does return or stay during a possible dangerous situation then they should not expect anyone to risk their life to get them out, either, although if someone can help without being in danger then they should.

You would think so.

politicsNproverbs
10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
They are sooooooo getting all their ducks lined up in a row... All those bills and laws are sooo creepy, AND SO OBVIOUS. Makes ya want to scream.

Canadian PM Harper just last week "officially endorsed" the "Fortress North America" -- yes they actually use the word FORTRESS -- at the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR) in NYC and agreed to "assimilate Canada" into the NAU by 2010, which is the same year the former CFR press release of 3-14-2005 stated was the timeline aspired to for all three, USA and Canada and Mexico.

References:

"Canadian Prime Minister Harper officially endorses North American Union! ", InfoWars http://www.infowars.com/?p=5064 , October 3, 2008

Press Release: Trinational Call for a North American Economic and Security Community by 2010 -- March 14, 2005 --
http://www.cfr.org/pub7914/press_release/trinational_call_for_a_north_american_economic_and _security_community_by_2010.php

And since 2010 is now only about a year-and-a-half away, looks like the "walls of national sovereignty" are set to "assimilate" in the not so distant future.

------------------------------

As for the troops being used to police all of us and whether they will defect, go AWOL, or etc., I've always heard the elite plan to use foreign troops as they would have no qualms about knocking over Americans.

In 1952 in London the World Association of Parliamentarians for World Government drew up this map divided into six regions and which "alien" troops would be used for where...
http://www.cuttingedge.org/atpmap.jpg

It says there would be a World Director, 8 Zone Directors, and 51 Regional Directors. And that "None of the zone or regional directors would ever serve in their own countries" (I'm reading the small print on the map). "So an alien would command troops stationed in the U.S. and through them enforce World Government Law, and prevent Americans from 'sheltering (?) behind an _____ (?) allegiance."

I think it says "sheltering behind an internal allegiance" but the print is terrible, so I'm not sure.

It says the "ruling body or World Parliament would consist only of appointed members."

The copyright on the map looks like it says "1960 National Economic Council" but I'm not sure, even with a magnifying glass. :cool:

This article http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/N1270.CFM , which was written in 1999, btw, says "[This information taken from the National Economic Council of New York City, 1962]"

It also says:

...the troops that are to be stationed in North America according to this 1952 plan.

1. Northeast -- Colombian and Venezuelan troops

2. Southern America all the way to California -- Russian troops. The line begins at Virginia and goes straight West to the border of California.

3. Midwest -- Belgian troops

4. Northwest, including California -- Irish troops

5. Canada -- Mongolian [Chinese] and Russian troops

6. Mexico -- Mongolian [Chinese] troops.

And not to be too gruesome, but it also says:

In the early 1920's, Russian Communist leaders learned a very valuable lesson: they learned that ethnic troops could not be depended upon to be brutal to their own people . Therefore, Russian Communists devised a plan whereby Muslim Russian troops would be stationed in non-Muslim areas, and vice versa. Therefore, troops would have no difficulty oppressing, jailing, and murdering people not their own. As you will shortly see, this plan applies these lessons worldwide.

The owner of the site is former Army Intelligence and a Christian, so you may "take it or leave it": http://www.cuttingedge.org/meet.html

The above describes the END GAME for a One World Government. So the question is: Will they really need to "bend the knee" of America with "alien troops" before they are ready to set up their NWO? Or will they wait until all the other regions are set up first, etc.? I've always heard since America is the "leader," they need to basically "break her back" first, and then all the other nations will follow.

Sorry to be so "stark dark reality," but that's basically what I understand their world plan to be. And I don't like it any more than the next person... :mad:

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
10-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Bush can sign all the E.O.'s and Patriot Acts he wants, but when push comes to shove he does not have the support of the military.

The only way foreign troops will ever voluntarily be allowed on US soil is through a catastrophe so bad we will beg for it.

anaconda
10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Bush can sign all the E.O.'s and Patriot Acts he wants, but when push comes to shove he does not have the support of the military.

What makes you think he doesn't have support of the military? I'd say if you have a few hundred thousand people doing your bidding all over the planet then you've got some serious potential clout, even if you give them the task of "protecting law abiding patriot civilians" in the homeland from "lawlessness, terrorism, and sedition" and all that stuff..

dr. hfn
10-07-2008, 04:10 PM
buy lots of guns, seriously,

BOXES TO DEFEND LIBERTY: SOAP, BALLOT, JURY, AMMO

anaconda
10-07-2008, 05:35 PM
BOXES TO DEFEND LIBERTY: SOAP, BALLOT, JURY, AMMO

HA!

devil21
10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Id kinda prefer it was foreign troops here, instead of US troops. I too would have less qualms about shooting a foreign invader than a fellow countryman.

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes, you had best think long and hard before you ever draw fire down upon another mother's son. We are PATRIOTS by God, and if and when it comes to a point that 'the enemy' is flying Old Glory, then by God we had best discern the enemy right well. Remember the enormous support RP got from Active Duty Servicement during the primaries. Active Duty Servicemen are generally too busy to pay attention to primaries. Remember that.

Taking up arms is no light matter, and lest people take great care to consider what this means, we are apt to see genuine homegrown terrorism, which is beyond destructive to our cause.

There is a time and a place; make no mistake about that. If I am resting at home from a day campaigning for Congress, and black-tac-suited thugs burst in and start taking my family, then I will teach them what it feels like to grab onto the wrong end of a chainsaw. If there are death-squads roving the city 'neutralizing' political dissidents, then I will defend the dissidents. And if there are enormous interrment camps set up to control political consent, I will break those camps open and commit war upon those who run them.

We have the ballot box on our side for at least another 8, maybe 12 years. The coming economic depression will HELP us in this; the Gov't will be slowed down because it will not be able to afford to do much for the next 4-6 years. Then as the economy recovers, we will already have some of us in power to stall the bad legislation until we get our full forces in Congress, the Senate, and the State Houses.

We still can take over, and they have given us the perfect opening with this bailout. By doing it AGAINST the clearly stated and direct will of the people, we have the opportunity to pursue a 4-6 year long "Vote The Bums Out" campaign where we overturn ALL of the encumbents nationwide, which voted for this bailout.

They have given us an excellent opportunity to clean house.

We can do this.