PDA

View Full Version : Palin: freedom of the press is a "priviledge" that the "media abuses"

Monolithic
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/5/213123/964/231/621158 (i know i know, daily kos, but all the quotes are straight from interview)

"As we send our young men and women overseas in a war zone to fight for democracy and freedoms, including freedom of the press, we've really got to have a mutually beneficial relationship here with those fighting the freedom of the press, and then the press, though not taking advantage and exploiting a situation, perhaps they would want to capture and abuse the privilege. We just want truth, we want fairness, we want balance."

got to have a mutually beneficial relationship here with those fighting the freedom of the press

and then the press, though not taking advantage and exploiting a situation, perhaps they would want to capture and abuse the privilege.

heavenlyboy34
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Could she have been referring to press credentials?

RockEnds
10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
It would be nice if she spoke coherent English. But it sounds like 'war is freedom, and freedom is a privilege'.

And then:

We just want truth, we want fairness, we want balance.

= we want state approved propaganda

tonesforjonesbones
10-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Well...there is no real journalism in the press anymore...it's tabloid media..full of lies and smears..etc. Don't we all know the media is not really that honest? tones

heavenlyboy34
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Well...there is no real journalism in the press anymore...it's tabloid media..full of lies and smears..etc. Don't we all know the media is not really that honest? tones

+666...Thank gawd for factcheck.org! :D

tonesforjonesbones
10-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Why do people on this forum insist on posting items from the Daily Kooks, Huffington Post and Wonkettes? Are you FLAMING liberal lunatics? I think you are. tones

ClockwiseSpark
10-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Why do people on this forum insist on posting items from the Daily Kooks, Huffington Post and Wonkettes? Are you FLAMING liberal lunatics? I think you are. tones

And I think you're a sellout fascist. clock

Monolithic
10-06-2008, 06:49 PM

sorry we don't obsess over bible spice palin